Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

F

Farah

Maggie, we have enjoyed your ripostes! Alan you are not in the same market - stop spoiling it! We don't all want to live along a line of hotels or on the beach etc. As long at the project is completed to a satisfactory standard and we have some nearby shops, cheap transport and nice neighbours - Egyptian or otherwise, we will be pleased with our purchase.

M

maggie

Metro in Hurghada deliver to El Gouna so I am sure they will deliver there when there is demand. We have five supermarkets in El Gouna which are great but the receipts are all in Arabic and there are no prices on anything. Sometimes the imported goods are expensive so there are scanners to check the price before you buy. They don't sell fresh meat though.

The roads are very dangerous all over Egypt so I would be very careful thinking about a bike. If you are sticking mainly to sand and paths then a mountain bike is good. Too many of my friends have been knocked off their bikes.

Maybe Orascom should lay on a shuttle bus to El Gouna beaches? Or have an arrangement with the El Gouna hotels to use their beaches at a special rate. It doesn't take that long to get here on the desert road.
Hi and thanks
I was only thinking of getting a bike to go to the shops on the complexe, but i,v got to learn to ride one first so I wont be going on any roads. outside it :laugh: I like most people will be takeing most of our food (tin stuff) with us so it will be only things like water /bread/ pototos and salad that sort of stuff that we will be buying. I have found when i,v been shopping in the Metros or other food shops the Egyptian ladies and the shop workers have always been there to help me if I dont understand things. As for the beach I cant really see myself going down to them, as long as theres a bit of grass to put a couple of sunbeds on then i,ll be happy and I have been told that you can use the grass for picnics and sunbathing so that should be ok. But like i,v said we will just have to wait and see how thing go. You never know some one from Orascom might be reading this forum so they might put some of our ideas into action.
Thanks again.
maggie

R

rabster

I agree wholeheartedly with Farah and always look forward to any new posts from Maggie + Georgina. Keep up the good work ladies.

M

maggie

I agree wholeheartedly with Farah and always look forward to any new posts from Maggie + Georgina. Keep up the good work ladies.
Thanks rabster
I have sent an email to Mohammed Bakir to ask to him if he could just make it clear the of distance of the beach and if they will be laying on some sort of transport for those wishing to go the beachs. I also know they take their time replying, but as some of us have got another 18 months before our apartments are finished then theres no hurry. Also those investers whos apartment will be completed in 2011 will hopefully keep us better updated with the way thing are going.
maggie

C

chris_property

Reading some of the postings you would think we have bought into the construction of a new shanty town!

Owners in Makadi will be quiet capable of travelling to and from the beach by methods of transport.

Yes beach front developments are very nice, lovely location for property and to have the beach on your doorstep. But please show me a front line development priced the same as a 2 bedroom apartment or equal square metre size apartment in Makadi for the same price and quality of developer and put me down for one of them please as well.

To compare front line beach properties with developments like this set back from the sea I find hilarious, I certainly don’t expect to fall out the door onto the beach and I know I am not paying front line development prices.

I think like most of you I have a fair idea what I am buying into and I am quite capable of travelling for shops, beach or anywhere for that matter and I am aware there will be residential Egyptian neighbours. This is Egypt, I expect Egyptian people or I should never buy here.

As in my previous posts full tourist developments only have their draw backs as well and in a development of this scale and entry prices a mixture of people buying for various reasons is to be expected.

On the Bulgarian coast were I know the market well there is developments like Sunny Day set 5 Km inland and all have sold very well and are “price reflected”.

To compare Makadi to front line property is a completely different category of property and price bracket.

Chris

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Maggie, we have enjoyed your ripostes! Alan you are not in the same market - stop spoiling it! We don't all want to live along a line of hotels or on the beach etc. As long at the project is completed to a satisfactory standard and we have some nearby shops, cheap transport and nice neighbours - Egyptian or otherwise, we will be pleased with our purchase.
Hi Farah.

Maggie and I enjoy it too. :damnmate:
Notice how the truths come out.

Coldwell Banker, my competitors and allies, have often expanded on sales hype.
Classica have realised that brochures must mean what they state.
So too must developer contracts, or else you end up with complaints and unsatisfied customers. I just want everyone to get real value for money.

As for home-owners associations. I doubt that Egypt owners (nationals) and their tenants will offer their services or contribute to the upkeep. That means being accountable and helping. One way traffic I'm afraid.

Well done guys.... And a pat on the back for myself for keeping everyone on their toes.

Alan.

A

anokayperson

Banned
hi everyone - thanks for all the postings on this developments and isn't this what forums are supposed to be about - showing and discussing all the positive and the negative issues.

what I was wondering was the beach access. are they all privately owned by hoteliers or are there still some public beaches close to the makadi development? thanks anyone.

M

maggie

Hi Fahah
thanks. As long as I get the apartment that i,v paid for (unlike the last one I paid for) then i,ll be more then happy like you with the things that you have stated above
Maggie.

J

jjoneedge

Hi everyone

:wavey:
Hello one and all,

Thanks Farah and so say all of us im sure:wavey:
Wow what a week on the forum.

Joyce

M

maggie

Hi Farah.

Maggie and I enjoy it too. :damnmate:
Notice how the truths come out.

Coldwell Banker, my competitors and allies, have often expanded on sales hype.
Classica have realised that brochures must mean what they state.
So too must developer contracts, or else you end up with complaints and unsatisfied customers. I just want everyone to get real value for money.

As for home-owners associations. I doubt that Egypt owners (nationals) and their tenants will offer their services or contribute to the upkeep. That means being accountable and helping. One way traffic I'm afraid.

Well done guys.... And a pat on the back for myself for keeping everyone on their toes

Alan.
Hi Alan.
As for value for money I think we can all agree that we have got that. The pat on the back should not be for keeping us on our toes but for showing us that we are all in the same frame of mind and will stick together on this. So thank you Alan for that . But time will tell who is right or wrong and I hope we can prove you wrong on this one.
Maggie

Last edited:
M

maggie

I can confirm that yes, there will be a shuttle bus service to the various public beaches in the area. The project is just under 1km from the sea. Although this is a medium - long walk, you would not want to walk in that heat and on the roads. but the fact is all contracts for these services will be signed between the bus company and Orascom on completion. This is similar to rental management companies as well.

There is a maintenance fee The fee is 6.5% of the value of your property and paid 6 months before the completion of your apartment.

This is a one lifetime payment, everyone pays 6.5% and the funds are put into a holding account. In Egypt, the interest rates at banks are very good at 10%. So, every month the interest gained on the account will cover the maintenance fee - it is a very innovative idea which is becoming common practice in Egypt. Orascom will have their own managemnt contract for the facilities, landscaping, common areas etc.
Maggie

C

chris_property

Maintenance payments are always a complicated issue more so with yearly payments from my experience. The idea of getting the maintenance before completion I think is good as it ensures payment is made by “ALL”. This is the problem with yearly maintenance it is a headache chasing it every year and you will always have defaulters with this.

If the strategy of Orascom works with full payments in the pot for Makadi to run from interest then this will be really good. Lets hope this is a 1 off payment and this works, there will be clauses I am sure for safe guards for more if required.

Maintenance is a whole new ball game and I know first hand that yearly payments from people all over the worls is a bit of a nightmare to control and to get near the full amount of owners paying this way is next to impossible and there will always be money down with yearly payments.

Chris

Last edited:
R

rumbaba

Alan.
The home owners association will have to be established to maintain the resort. Just like associations here in the UK getting decisions through can sometimes be difficult but with enough interest things happen. I am sure the same will be the case in egypt.

I am glad Maggie has heard of buses going to the local public beaches. This is a clear win win situation for us as well as orascom - as they can now market the potential beach access to interested buyers, develop further interest in the resort - and increase its value!

J

johnwayne

Banned
Maintenance payments are always a complicated issue more so with yearly payments from my experience. The idea of getting the maintenance before completion I think is good as it ensures payment is made by “ALL”. This is the problem with yearly maintenance it is a headache chasing it every year and you will always have defaulters with this.

If the strategy of Orascom works with full payments in the pot for Makadi to run from interest then this will be really good. Lets hope this is a 1 off payment and this works, there will be clauses I am sure for safe guards for more if required.

Maintenance is a whole new ball game and I know first hand that yearly payments from people all over the worls is a bit of a nightmare to control and to get near the full amount of owners paying this way is next to impossible and there will always be money down with yearly payments.

Chris
hi chris - have been reading many of the postings for this very good resort.You say about the one off maintenace fees that "there will be clauses I am sure for safe guards for more if required."
Is there anything as such in the contracts?

R

rumbaba

I honestly hope there will be clauses for top up fees when required in the contracts. What would the resort do if interest rates fell and not enough income was generated to pay for maintaining the resort?

I think in such cases a top up would be justifiable so as to keep the resort running.

C

chris_property

hi chris - have been reading many of the postings for this very good resort.You say about the one off maintenace fees that "there will be clauses I am sure for safe guards for more if required."
Is there anything as such in the contracts?
Hi John,
I have a good understanding of maintenance of complexes as I am involved in dealing with the maintenance of our complex in Bulgaria so when I was interested in Makaki I asked a lot of questions as I was not wanting to enter into something were the maintenance would be paid by some and not by others and unless strict enforcements are put in place on yearly payments from the start or any payments infact this is the situation many complexes / developments are in.

With Makaki being a single payment and the development ran off the interest I knew nothing could be guaranteed for this. I was told that in the maintenance contract there will be a clause for more money from owners if it is required.

I cannot see how any maintenance company can guarantee we would never have to pay again, so I am certain there will be clauses for this for the maintenance company / Orascom to protect themselves and also for us as well.

If maintenance money does run out or low something either needs paid by everyone or everything goes down fast!!

I was delighted to see the maintenance being taken before completion this ensures “everyone” will pay and has to pay or they have defaulted before the property is finished.

Things go terribly wrong when enforcements are not put in place from the beginning and owners are held accountable.

With being heavily involved in dealing with maintenance in Bulgaria I wanted to know how things was going to work and how everyone would be made pay to start with.

Maintenance is a whole new game and many owners never consider this when they put the deposit down on an apartment anywhere and how the long term is going to be.

Hope this helps.

Chris

J

johnwayne

Banned
thanks chris. I am confident with the financial backing of orascom for this deveopment, things will be ok. Wish that could be said about other developments in egypt.

C

chris_property

thanks chris. I am confident with the financial backing of orascom for this deveopment, things will be ok. Wish that could be said about other developments in egypt.
No problem at all, yes I agree that Orascom have the finanical backing and know how for the development which cannot be said for others in Egypt or anywhere for that fact and having a developer like Orascom is one of the major points for Makadi.

Taking all this into account this was why I decided to go with this project.

Chris

Georgina

Georgina

The home owners association will have to be established to maintain the resort. Just like associations here in the UK getting decisions through can sometimes be difficult but with enough interest things happen. I am sure the same will be the case in egypt.

I am glad Maggie has heard of buses going to the local public beaches. This is a clear win win situation for us as well as orascom - as they can now market the potential beach access to interested buyers, develop further interest in the resort - and increase its value!
You don't want a 'public beach' as such as heading south towards Safaga any public beach the local women will be covered completely, even when they go for a swim and there will not be anyone in bikinis. There is a touristy beach at Sharm el Naga Sharm el Naga Resort & Diving Center which you can pay to use and great snorkelling and diving until they decide where they are going to take you exactly.

We don't have any home owners associations in El Gouna. Orascom run El Gouna as I am sure they will Makadi. All this talk of maintenance charges and I bet we will be having them soon.