Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

J

Jellyfish1

Hi Everyone

:wavey: I finally have some time off so thought I 'll just let you know that my contract arrived safely in Cairo via Recorded Delivery through the Post office : )
The photos on Makadi look fantastic ! Wonder how Harps is getting on in Egypt and if she brings back lots more photos for us ???!!! Can't wait !!! Hope all is well with you until soon x:wavey:

R

rabster

I think Alaa from Classica has posted about 100 recent photos of the development in facebook.

Please find the following link:

Thank you Classica for these photos.
Thanks to Rumbaba for providing the link to the photos for us techno phobes who can't understand facebook, and thanks also to alaa for posting the great photos in the first place.

Cheers.

J

jjoneedge

Hi jellyfish1 and everyone.

:wavey: I finally have some time off so thought I 'll just let you know that my contract arrived safely in Cairo via Recorded Delivery through the Post office : )
The photos on Makadi look fantastic ! Wonder how Harps is getting on in Egypt and if she brings back lots more photos for us ???!!! Can't wait !!! Hope all is well with you until soon x:wavey:
I am hopefully posting some pictures taken on the 26th July. Fingers crossed I have got it right.:D

Attachments

J

Jellyfish1

Hi Jjoneedge

:wavey: Well you did it : ) and the photos are GREAT !!! Thanks !!! Always good to see more of them !!! Can't wait to go out myself and have a look : ) Take care until soon :wavey: Bye for now x

J

jjoneedge

Hi Jellyfish1

:wavey: Well you did it : ) and the photos are GREAT !!! Thanks !!! Always good to see more of them !!! Can't wait to go out myself and have a look : ) Take care until soon :wavey: Bye for now x
Yes will be great to have a birds eye view of Makadi. Glad the photos appeared lol. I will put some more on now I know how to do it.Take care. speak soon:wavey:

A

andymc

Excellent

Thanks for the link and the pics, its coming on so well :D

A

andymc

contract

I also sent my contract recorded mail at post office, think it cost around £6, they recieved within 5 days and have recently got a signed copy of contract sent back to me. :D

J

Jellyfish1

Hi andymc

That's about what I paid ! and glad you got your copy : ) I haven't received mine yet but hopefully shouldn't be long !!! - Take care until soon Bye for now :wavey:

R

rumbaba

I am hopefully posting some pictures taken on the 26th July. Fingers crossed I have got it right.:D
Thank you for these fantastic photos. Does anyone know if building work has started on the downtown area with the swimming pools?

T

thelfamily

hi to everyone who has bought at makadi. we have been there and it looks great but haven't committed to anything yet. can I ask from all you more knowledgeable owners what nationality will makadi mainly become? are they mainly europeans or egyptians. I hope it will be a mix of all nationalities but some resorts tend to be mainly either british or russian.

R

rumbaba

hi to everyone who has bought at makadi. we have been there and it looks great but haven't committed to anything yet. can I ask from all you more knowledgeable owners what nationality will makadi mainly become? are they mainly europeans or egyptians. I hope it will be a mix of all nationalities but some resorts tend to be mainly either british or russian.
I dont think we can really answer that. Your best bet is to ask the agents or the developer I guess. Either way it doesn't really bother me. I am sure there will be a substantial British community judging by this forum as well as Egyptian and maybe Russian, Italian etc.

F

Farah

Makadi Resort area

Please can someone tell me how this development links in or ajoins (??) with the Madinat Makadi development? The golf course is within sight but I have been unable to obtain a map to show how close (?) the two developments are and proximity to Makadi Bay, the beach and hotels on the coast. Many thanks.

R

rumbaba

Please can someone tell me how this development links in or ajoins (??) with the Madinat Makadi development? The golf course is within sight but I have been unable to obtain a map to show how close (?) the two developments are and proximity to Makadi Bay, the beach and hotels on the coast. Many thanks.
If you take a look at post number 382 a couple of pages back you will see a picture showing where everything is situated.

R

rumbaba

A small taster of what we can expect:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9teCsHu-1k&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‫???????? ??????? ????????‬‎[/ame]

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Orascom Community youtube video

I dont think we can really answer that. Your best bet is to ask the agents or the developer I guess. Either way it doesn't really bother me. I am sure there will be a substantial British community judging by this forum as well as Egyptian and maybe Russian, Italian etc.
Makadi is selling well. You will of course scrutinise the video. Schools, offices, shopping malls, all good marketing hype.
I still maintain the big project will be mainly a housing development for Egyptians, rather like the Pharoahs did when overcrowding and famine hit the Nile Delta. Settlements moved to other locations outside of Cairo, like Luxor and The Valley of Kings where whole cities grew.

The idea that families will uproot and live by the coast requires work for them in that location. As that seems to be around tourism and construction, it could be a little short-sighted of them in a further dismal recession, given how many other projects are being marketed along the Red Sea coastline.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

R

rumbaba

Makadi is selling well. You will of course scrutinise the video. Schools, offices, shopping malls, all good marketing hype.
I still maintain the big project will be mainly a housing development for Egyptians, rather like the Pharoahs did when overcrowding and famine hit the Nile Delta. Settlements moved to other locations outside of Cairo, like Luxor and The Valley of Kings where whole cities grew.

The idea that families will uproot and live by the coast requires work for them in that location. As that seems to be around tourism and construction, it could be a little short-sighted of them in a further dismal recession, given how many other projects are being marketed along the Red Sea coastline.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.
Welcome back to the thread Alan!

J

Jackie R

Welcome back to the thread Alan!
It does appear that Alan and Neil seem to attack any developments that are undercutting the ones that they are pushing, they have done the same with Tiba Towers.

T

t.rob

truth

It does appear that Alan and Neil seem to attack any developments that are undercutting the ones that they are pushing, they have done the same with Tiba Towers.
they both speak the truth,this is what people WANT.

Georgina

Georgina

I have lived in El Gouna for six years and cannot praise Orascom and their developments highly enough. I have looked at Makadi and I think it is an exciting project. I have French friends here who have all invested there. However, it is a long way from the sea. The price of the development reflects this. I am sure there will be a great community living there and it will mainly attract workers looking to live or rent long term. For sure if you market the property well you will attract holiday makers but the price of short term rental must also attract them away from the sea. Flights are expensive so you have to consider if your plans are to rent out short term why would someone coming on holiday choose to stay out there as opposed to the thousands of properties on the beach or package hotel deals for the same price. And which beach will all this community use. I don't think Alan is knocking this project but trying to make everyone think carefully about their investment and not get carried away with all the hype and marketing. If you are thinking of buying to rent out short term to holiday makers is this the one place you would choose to go on holiday in Egypt?

C

chris_property

Makadi is an exciting development and Orascom’s reputation is reassuring in what is really still a very unstable time in construction and property markets and buying off plan during these uncertain economic times. There would be very few other off plan developments I would be prepared to enter at the moment.

The location set back from the sea is reflected in the price, I am very familiar with the Bulgarian costal property market and involved in the management of our complex there and the same is for large developments of hundreds of properties set back from the sea in Bulgaria, they are price reflected and none of them have the planned infrastructure of the Makadi development which is very impressive.

Makadi will be a town in its own right with a lot of infrastructure planned around it and close proximity to a quality golf course and not that far back from the sea and I am sure there will be some form of transport for people to get to the beach location as that is a business in itself waiting to happen transporting people to and from the actual coast so it is not like people have to walk miles in the heat.

I think for the money the property will represent really good value for buyers / investors and so on. I have not seen a better priced development for the size of property and it is very attractive as the sales are proving and I am happy with what I am seeing being built and the entry price that it was bought for.

Reading the posts of residential and tourist market for Makadi, I think that if it is a blend of both residential use and a tourist market that is perfect. Tourist developments solely have their draw backs as well and I think if Makadi caters for both, that is really good as it will give options maybe for long term rentals for people wishing to live there for even work reasons.

It is excellent value for a place of resident for people full time, or part of a year even and also excellent value for overseas holiday property buyers like myself and many others on this forum. The buyers have an idea what they are buying into, there could be holiday rentals if marketed correct and price is reflected.

My Bulgarian property is beach located, I timed it as a 4 minute walk and it is on 5 miles of beach and that is great. Also some people do not like the beach and are happy to be a few miles inland, so it is each to their own really. If there is a good transport link that would not concern me at all if I want to go to the beach area. I know of people who own in our complex who also own a few miles inland because they like the blend of both locations.

If there is a residential community that is good and will be interesting as well as an expat community and holidaying community who own and get to know each other over time from yearly holidays or going several times a year. Also with so many properties it is nearly too big to think that this will be solely a tourist development and in the future if people are interested in living there and the area around it develops well over the years that could open resale’s etc and not just from holiday home buyers.

Personally I think it is very encouraging what progress is being made with the building and the updates from buyers who have been over recently and I look forward to the completion of the property and watching it all take shape.

Just my two pence worth :top:

Cheers

Chris