Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Speaking of truths.

they both speak the truth,this is what people WANT.
Let's not quickly forget the hype and the promises made in the past by agent and developer alike. Criticism is good if it avoids losing fortunes in savings.

Orascom are a great company. They do like to control however.
Time will tell.

Alan.
Thanks for your compliments guys.

C

chris_property

Orascom are a great company.
This is half the battle in todays climate Alan I feel.

There is so many apartment blocks all over sitting unfinished and I know more about the Bulgarian Market than the Egyptian market and I know the horror storys there.

Lets all hope this is what we hope and want Makadi to be.

Thanks,

Chris

R

rumbaba

Makadi is set a bit far back from the sea as is the Jungle Hotel Orascom are planning in the same area.

Let us not forget that the Makadi plot is vast - bigger than many of the resorts on the sea. There are already rumours of an aqua park on site and I agree that there will definitely be transport to the beach. I am sure Orascom will develop the site and add attractive facilities as they have an interest in making the hotel they are building popular and profitable.

Look at similar models in Sharm el Sheik which dont have half the facilities Makadi will have the property prices are very high! Delta Sharm is a resort to google in Sharm el Sheik that has no beach access yet is hugely popular, expensive and a fruitful investment for those that bought in it!

T

thelfamily

dear Alaah, do you know if there will be transport available to the beach, as chris and rumbaba has aksed. also, is the planned aquapark that people are referring to meant to be Jungle? thanks as always!

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned
dear Alaah, do you know if there will be transport available to the beach, as chris and rumbaba has aksed. also, is the planned aquapark that people are referring to meant to be Jungle? thanks as always!
Hello,

Yes, there will be transportation in the resort.

and regarding the aqua park, there will be an aqua park inside the jungle.

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned
Type 10 release

Type 10:

It is a unique type as there are only 34 units in the whole quadrant.

You can choose the unit most matches your requirements from attached villa, semi-attached villa or an apartment.

The type is advantageous with its different areas to suit all needs as there are units with 62 M² up to 158 M².

If you are looking for differentiate; this type will be your best choice.

Attachments

Georgina

Georgina

Saying this development is 800m from the beach is totally misleading. You can see on their Google Earth photo how far away the sea is. You can even use Google Earth to measure the exact distance if you know which beach.

My post #289 on this thread talked about trips I did to go snorkeling in this area. The majority of the beach front in the Makadi area is owned by hotels and security is tight. I would recommend asking exactly which beach the transport will be taking you to. The Red Sea coast has miles of beautiful, deserted coastline but ideally it is nice to have facilities like shade, refreshments and toilets. Maybe they will build a private beach for this development?

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Saying this development is 800m from the beach is totally misleading..... You can see on their Google Earth photo how far away the sea is. You can even use Google Earth to measure the exact distance if you know which beach.
Maybe they will build a private beach for this development?
Is that a DEFINITE MAYBE or an INSHALLA MAYBE.

Readers,.... Allaa is conscientious in his communications and will adhere to the marketing material so as not to be legally challenged. However, Orascom has no crystal ball when it comes to the beach front locations, filled with newly licenced Hotel competition. He just wants to do his job well, and sell. He is doing this admirably. Look at his photos... All nice villas.

Long standing owners and regular visitors know not to take developer hype as Gospel.... (Sorry what's the Quiran equivilant word so as not to be racist.) But our posts have been very clear about townships like this and others like Naama New Town in Sharm. Their planned water parks are magic for kids, but are no substitute for beach-front coral-reefed, warm-water fun-filled experiences. Other than 12 month's sun and being looked after in good All Inclusive Hotels, why else would you go to the Red Sea.

As to creating free transport to the town and beach, you're asking a lot. There are millions of taxis wanting your money. Why would Orascom waste their money for such free luxury coaches or even a free mono-rail when they need your money to complete a resort? Construction comes from your investment funds not their banks, which want returns and not generally want to lend.

Surely there are other nearer, cheap European destinations that give pool-fanatics good sun-tans without being hassled or having to live in the mess of future bad habits an Egyptian housing project may bring.

Listen to voices of experience

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

Last edited:
R

rumbaba

Alan I think your being a bit too negative. We all accept that Orascom is an excellent developer with a great track record. By your own admission they are very controlling with their developments so I doubt they will allow it to turn into a shambles. After all, they have their reputation to worry about.

With regards to beach access they may provide transport. If not the residents association can help fund it later. If not, then taxis in Hurghada are not expensive by any means and going to the beach will not be issue.

There are other developments in Hurghada such as Mubarak, the develoments in the Arabiya district, etc that do not have beach access and have retained their prices well. Sharm has many developments without beach access and they have also proved to be sound investments.

Whilst I accept that Makadi will not be on a par with Sahl Hasheesh I think it will be a great development with a good community close to facilities in Hurghada and managed by a reputable company with an excellent track record.

M

maggie

Readers,.... Allaa is conscientious in his communications and will adhere to the marketing material so as not to be legally challenged. However, Orascom has no crystal ball when it comes to the beach front locations, filled with newly licenced Hotel competition. He just wants to do his job well, and sell. He is doing this admirably. Look at his photos... All nice villas.

Long standing owners and regular visitors know not to take developer hype as Gospel.... (Sorry what's the Quiran equivilant word so as not to be racist.) But our posts have been very clear about townships like this and others like Naama New Town in Sharm. Their planned water parks are magic for kids, but are no substitute for beach-front coral-reefed, warm-water fun-filled experiences. Other than 12 month's sun and being looked after in good All Inclusive Hotels, why else would you go to the Red Sea.

As to creating free transport to the town and beach, you're asking a lot. There are millions of taxis wanting your money. Why would Orascom waste their money for such free luxury coaches or even a free mono-rail when they need your money to complete a resort? Construction comes from your investment funds not their banks, which want returns and not generally want to lend.

Surely there are other nearer, cheap European destinations that give pool-fanatics good sun-tans without being hassled or having to live in the mess of future bad habits an Egyptian housing project may bring.

Hi Alan
I wasnt going to comment on the last few postings regarding the beach ect, and I know you are only trying to help. But to be honest with the comments that you have made I don,t think you are doing us any favours by posting some of the things that you have. I for one dont have any problems with the beach not being in walking distance. I think there might be a chance for someone to get a nice little business going there English or Egyptian, or with Egyptian workers liveing in the develoment. I,m a cleaner so does that mean I should not have brought in Makadi ?? Its the Egyptians that have built the develoments that we have all been buying into, its the Egyptians that serve us in the hotels/ clean our toilets in the hotels /carry our suitcases, drive the taxis, so I think its a bit sad that some people might have a problem liveing with them. At the end of the day it is their country not ours. I hope with your comments you have not now put other would be investers off from buying in Makadi. As it could land up a ghost town before its even got off the ground, and that I might lose out again and lose yet more money.
Maggie

J

jjoneedge

Hi Alan and all on the forum

Regards your comments, we get the feeling that you may have been STUNG over properties in the past.

Regards the proximity of the beach and sea to Makadi, we have been to Egypt on three occassions and each time was a beach front holiday. We found it impossible to sit on the beach all day as the sand is gritty and the sea very salty. We feel that Egypt is not a bucket and spade holiday but is designed for water sports. We love the concept anyway:elefant:

Joyce

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Hotels or owning your own.

Regards your comments, we get the feeling that you may have been STUNG over properties in the past.
I sell property in many Red Sea locations. I've been involved in the Red Sea since 2006, first as a pioneer dive-boat skipper and dive-master, then promoting tourism, opening hotels for new tourists then into real estate.

Regards the proximity of the beach and sea to Makadi, we have been to Egypt on three occassions and each time was a beach front holiday. We found it impossible to sit on the beach all day as the sand is gritty and the sea very salty. Exactly, Bendorm or San Tropez would suit.

We feel that Egypt is not a bucket and spade holiday but is designed for water sports. We love the concept anyway:Correct, so why would developers produce other than homes for Egyptians a mile from the sea, when the beach is not available, or sivved clean for tourists and the sea is for those who appreciate nature.

Joyce
Cheers for the comments, you substantiate our arguments.

Alan.

R

rumbaba

I hope with your comments you have not now put other would be investers off from buying in Makadi.
Maggie
I would not worry about that Maggie! This development has been one of the most successful in the Hurghada area and has already gone up 30% in price since its launch!

M

maggie

I would not worry about that Maggie! This development has been one of the most successful in the Hurghada area and has already gone up 30% in price since its launch!
Thanks rumbaba.
sorry for calling you Alan

Last edited:
A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Walk like an Egyptian.

Hi Alan
I think there might be a chance for someone to get a nice little business going there English or Egyptian, or with Egyptian workers living in the development. I,m a cleaner so does that mean I should not have brought in Makadi ?? Its the Egyptians that have built the develoments that we have all been buying into, its the Egyptians that serve us in the hotels/ clean our toilets in the hotels /carry our suitcases, drive the taxis,
Maggie
Hi Maggie.

I'm glad you have commented. I'm always glad when I hit a nerve because it's huge sums of money people part with and they need to know what's going on.

My aim on this forum is to say the truth and extract the truths from the agents and developers. You will now know that over the last 25 years I personally have witnessed the Egyptian culture and their way of life. I helped build and promote the coastal projects, derived from scuba-diver demand and the needs of family tourists.

If you ever visit Cairo you will understand what I mean. We Europeans do not live like this. I'm trying to tell everyone what they eventually will let themselves in for.

You will certainly have no problems finding cleaning work. They will make enough mess or wreck the place, as it's not in their interest to finish anything or keep things tidy without someone cracking the whip.

Please, please, please do not confuse Top Class Hotel, highly trained staff for residential management..... These are poles apart.

Time will tell. Good luck in your purchases. I'm sure at least Orascom will get your project finished and you will move in.

Kind regards.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants

M

maggie

Hi Maggie.

I'm glad you have commented. I'm always glad when I hit a nerve because it's huge sums of money people part with and they need to know what's going on.

My aim on this forum is to say the truth and extract the truths from the agents and developers. You will now know that over the last 25 years I personally have witnessed the Egyptian culture and their way of life. I helped build and promote the coastal projects, derived from scuba-diver demand and the needs of family tourists.

If you ever visit Cairo you will understand what I mean. We Europeans do not live like this. I'm trying to tell everyone what they eventually will let themselves in for.

You will certainly have no problems finding cleaning work. They will make enough mess or wreck the place, as it's not in their interest to finish anything or keep things tidy without someone cracking the whip.

Please, please, please do not confuse Top Class Hotel, highly trained staff for residential management..... These are poles apart.

Time will tell. Good luck in your purchases. I'm sure at least Orascom will get your project finished and you will move in.

Kind regards.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants
Hello Alan
I,v already got 2 cleaning jobs so I really dont want any more. The business I was thinking about not for me, but for some one else was a transport to the beach one, but i,m already thinking of buying a bike to get around on as the shops might be a bit to far to walk too, but then again we might be able to get a delivery service going. And i,m sure the investers will get their own residential groups together to work with Orascom to help keep the develoment up to every one standeds no matter what country we come from. You are condeming the place before we have even moved in, so please stop going on about how bad the Egyptians are, as the saying goes time will tell. One last thing, the security gates thats going to be put in front of the develoment is that to keep the riffraf out or in!!!
maggie

Last edited:
Georgina

Georgina

Hello Alan
but i,m already thinking of buying a bike to get around on as the shops might be a bit to far to walk too, but then again we might be able to get a delivery service going. And i,m sure the investers will get their own residential groups together to work with Orascom to help keep the develoment up to every one standeds no matter what country we come from.
maggie
Metro in Hurghada deliver to El Gouna so I am sure they will deliver there when there is demand. We have five supermarkets in El Gouna which are great but the receipts are all in Arabic and there are no prices on anything. Sometimes the imported goods are expensive so there are scanners to check the price before you buy. They don't sell fresh meat though.

The roads are very dangerous all over Egypt so I would be very careful thinking about a bike. If you are sticking mainly to sand and paths then a mountain bike is good. Too many of my friends have been knocked off their bikes.

Maybe Orascom should lay on a shuttle bus to El Gouna beaches? Or have an arrangement with the El Gouna hotels to use their beaches at a special rate. It doesn't take that long to get here on the desert road.

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned
This agent also confirms that there will be beach access with transport and that the development is only 800 metres from the beach.

Coldwell Banker New Homes | More than 55 real estate projects form 26 reliable developers in Egypt | Projects Details

Please everybody notice that the link for Coldwel Banker and not Classica.

As we never mentioned that the resort has access to the beach.

The nearest boarder of the project is around 1 KM from the beach.

Regarding the transportation; there will be regular bus service from Hurghada to Makadi and vice versa.
but for the internal transportation; may be in the future after completing the whole project they will make internal transportation like El Gouna.