The January 2010 Storm

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
In freezing weather, when a few inches of snow falls in the UK, everything grinds to a halt.

It seems the same happens in Egypt when it rains.
These reports show how dangerous it has been and how poor safety measures can lead to serious accidents and deaths.
Homes not only flood, but collapse. Bad electrical installations not only fail but can kill even pedestrians in the street.
Taxi drivers stop work. "Cars rust" is the excuse...

Let us not take these incidents for granted. To Arabs it may be God's will, however your investments in Egypt should be given a little more care and attention to safety, don't you think.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Recent photos

As the weather settles in Sharm and temperatures back in the 30's a friend thought I should post some of the last photos of the storm that affected his business.

Famed for her UK style menu and visited by many scuba enthusiasts, Donna and her Picasso Resturant are back to normal and business is brisk now the season has started. Let's hope there's no storms on the horizon.

Alan. Coralife-style Consultants.

Attachments

Georgina

Georgina

We then had the most unbelievable sand storm here on Thursday. Worst I had seen. Everyone's apartment and villa and shop was full of sand.

The guys are still working on my apartment building repairing all the plaster after the rains on the domed ceiling and roof tops. They have been working six weeks now and Orascom are paying. They have also arrived today to work inside my apartment. On the inside of the domed ceiling there are white patches caused by the damp coming through. While I have cleared my apartment and they have the scaffolding to reach so high they are repairing small cracks too and now painting all the walls inside my lounge as their white paint doesn't quite match my off-white colour.

Thank you Guys!!!!! :flowers: :love: