Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

The economist on real estate in Brazil

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by robh, Sep 12, 2008.

1. robh

robh Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

2. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Interesting read indeed ,Rob. One thing you must have noticed though is that the article is purely focussed on residential properties in cities for the Brazilian low to high middle classes.

3. Dotty

Dotty Banned

Very vague article,except for the people that begin with building one room at a time .................:eek:

4. robh

Why do you say that?

5. junaidrafique

junaidrafique New Member

the article is as informative as a dead camel. nothing on the risks, forecasts, comparisons etc

6. robh

You are expecting a lot from an 800 word article, I think the point of the article was to just say that there is a property boom going on in Brazil.

7. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

I say this Rob because as far as my knowledge extends the housing boom in Brazil is being driven by the low to high middle classes who are taking advantage of lower interest rates and the increase in credit to either move or reform.
    It has little to do with holday homes.

8. robh

I perfectly agree about who is driving growth in the real estate market, which is great as it means that growth looks sustainable and long term.

Regards,
    Rob.

9. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Rob, you did ask.

10. robh

Mineiro,

I am not sure why you think that growth being driven by the lower to higher middle classes is a negative for the holiday home market.

History shows that a boom driven like that has to drive the rest of the market up as well which is why I am happy that this is where growth is being driven from.

Regards,
    Rob.

11. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Who said it was negative. I'm just saying that second homes are not what the article was focussing on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.