The economist on real estate in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Banned
Very vague article,except for the people that begin with building one room at a time .................:eek:
Interesting read indeed ,Rob. One thing you must have noticed though is that the article is purely focussed on residential properties in cities for the Brazilian low to high middle classes.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting read indeed ,Rob. One thing you must have noticed though is that the article is purely focussed on residential properties in cities for the Brazilian low to high middle classes.
Why do you say that?

J

junaidrafique

the article is as informative as a dead camel. nothing on the risks, forecasts, comparisons etc

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
the article is as informative as a dead camel. nothing on the risks, forecasts, comparisons etc
You are expecting a lot from an 800 word article, I think the point of the article was to just say that there is a property boom going on in Brazil.

M

Mineiro

Why do you say that?
I say this Rob because as far as my knowledge extends the housing boom in Brazil is being driven by the low to high middle classes who are taking advantage of lower interest rates and the increase in credit to either move or reform.
It has little to do with holday homes.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I say this Rob because as far as my knowledge extends the housing boom in Brazil is being driven by the low to high middle classes who are taking advantage of lower interest rates and the increase in credit to either move or reform.
It has little to do with holday homes.
I perfectly agree about who is driving growth in the real estate market, which is great as it means that growth looks sustainable and long term.

Regards,
Rob.

M

Mineiro

I perfectly agree about who is driving growth in the real estate market, which is great as it means that growth looks sustainable and long term.

Regards,
Rob.
Rob, you did ask.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rob, you did ask.
Mineiro,

I am not sure why you think that growth being driven by the lower to higher middle classes is a negative for the holiday home market.

History shows that a boom driven like that has to drive the rest of the market up as well which is why I am happy that this is where growth is being driven from.

Regards,
Rob.

M

Mineiro

Mineiro,

I am not sure why you think that growth being driven by the lower to higher middle classes is a negative for the holiday home market.

History shows that a boom driven like that has to drive the rest of the market up as well which is why I am happy that this is where growth is being driven from.

Regards,
Rob.
Who said it was negative. I'm just saying that second homes are not what the article was focussing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.