ad

Should we expect a trend towards working from home and larger properties?

F

FWL

There is already evidence that the London luxury property market is benefiting from those looking to acquire high-end properties with plenty of space. The idea is simple, in the event that we get a second wave of the coronavirus or other similar pandemics in the future then more people will be looking to work from home. Is this really going to happen? Is this something we should be expecting?

Mikey20

Mikey20

With the vaccine being few months away only, the work-from-home culture will start dwindling down except for industries where this is actually feasible. For examaple, the IT industry.

R

romba

I think with this pandemic a lot of companies have realized how feasible home office is and a lot of people have seen that it is actually comfortable to work from home. On the other hand I also think that everyone is happy to go back to normal office work and seeing collegues, because there still a lot of disadvantages to home office. But nevertheless I think that we made a huge step forward regarding work atmosphere. I can imagine that there will be one or two days per week everyone can choose to work from home... or any similar concept. Of course only for those industries with the possibility of working from home.

D

Dora Wi

Probably as the pandemic eases up in the future there will be less remote work, but I think it will remain a more popular option than it was before. Many companies are realizing that it's feasible for them. I don't know if it will have a lasting impact on property markets, though.

B

bracknelson

There is already evidence that the London luxury property market is benefiting from those looking to acquire high-end properties with plenty of space. The idea is simple, in the event that we get a second wave of the coronavirus or other similar pandemics in the future then more people will be looking to work from home. Is this really going to happen? Is this something we should be expecting?
Work from home is a good idea but in few circumstances like the pandemic from which we are going through. But we may prefer this for a limited time of period, we can't always do work from home and I think we shouldn't think about another phase of covid. After the situation will come in control this idea wouldn't work.