ad

Should we expect a trend towards working from home and larger properties?

F

FWL

There is already evidence that the London luxury property market is benefiting from those looking to acquire high-end properties with plenty of space. The idea is simple, in the event that we get a second wave of the coronavirus or other similar pandemics in the future then more people will be looking to work from home. Is this really going to happen? Is this something we should be expecting?

Mikey20

Mikey20

With the vaccine being few months away only, the work-from-home culture will start dwindling down except for industries where this is actually feasible. For examaple, the IT industry.

R

romba

I think with this pandemic a lot of companies have realized how feasible home office is and a lot of people have seen that it is actually comfortable to work from home. On the other hand I also think that everyone is happy to go back to normal office work and seeing collegues, because there still a lot of disadvantages to home office. But nevertheless I think that we made a huge step forward regarding work atmosphere. I can imagine that there will be one or two days per week everyone can choose to work from home... or any similar concept. Of course only for those industries with the possibility of working from home.

D

Dora Wi

Probably as the pandemic eases up in the future there will be less remote work, but I think it will remain a more popular option than it was before. Many companies are realizing that it's feasible for them. I don't know if it will have a lasting impact on property markets, though.

B

bracknelson

There is already evidence that the London luxury property market is benefiting from those looking to acquire high-end properties with plenty of space. The idea is simple, in the event that we get a second wave of the coronavirus or other similar pandemics in the future then more people will be looking to work from home. Is this really going to happen? Is this something we should be expecting?
Work from home is a good idea but in few circumstances like the pandemic from which we are going through. But we may prefer this for a limited time of period, we can't always do work from home and I think we shouldn't think about another phase of covid. After the situation will come in control this idea wouldn't work.

A

Assetmonk_2021

The coronavirus pandemic, which nearly destroyed the embryonic real estate sector, produced several new trends, notably work-from-home (WFH),which has brought the real estate sector a mixed bag of success. Following the coronavirus outbreak, a long-drawn pan-India lockdown in June saw offices closed and employees forced to work from home. Even though some offices reopened in September, social distance rules and other health and safety regulations ensured that personnel strength in offices was limited. During the pandemic, this trend made it easier to work from the comfort of one's own home, but it also hurt office space absorption.

If you're looking for real estate investment in India, check out: Assetmonk

According to one of India's top real estate platforms, the COVID-19 epidemic may have had the greatest impact in the second quarter of 2020. Office real estate fell by 27 percent to 17.3 million square feet in H1 2020, with NCR and Pune falling by 86 percent and 87 percent, respectively. Year on year (YoY),office lease fell by 37% to 17.2 million square feet.

Co-working facilities with open seating layouts that assured maximum space use were also hit hard. According to a recent estimate, demand for flexible spaces in 2020 is predicted to fall by up to 60% year on year. In the future, too many small and mid-sized players may be forced to close their doors. This could force some coworking spaces to close their doors.

In the case of residential real estate, WFH had a detrimental short-term impact. WFH, along with other variables, contributed to the drop in home sales. According to another significant real estate platform, home sales in the top seven cities fell by 49% in H1 2020 compared to H2 2019. Sales in the second quarter of 2020 were down 81% from the second quarter of 2019. Between January and September, 87,460 units were sold, compared to about 2.02 lakh units sold the previous year. They are willing to relocate to the city's outskirts in search of larger yet more inexpensive lifestyle residences. Purchasing homes in outlying areas might result in savings of 35-60%.

Even the rental difference is significant. This cost arbitrage has increased housing demand in the city periphery and tier 2, 3 cities. Developers report a surge in demand for 2.5 BHK and 3.5 BHK homes with excess space that may be transformed into makeshift workspaces. Since WFH is a reality and here to stay, there is also an increased demand for useful flexible spaces that can accommodate work areas.

Following Corona, consumer demand has shifted significantly with new preferences, necessitating the need for developers to invest in design transformation and efficient layouts. To achieve WFH wellness requirements, there is an increasing demand for flexible rooms supplemented with smart modular furniture, adequate open space, and good ventilation.

To accommodate the demand generated by WFH, several developers have also included business centers within apartment complexes. Demand for equipment such as small study tables, bookshelves, ergonomic chairs, and storage cabinets is also increasing in home offices.

The desire for plotted projects is increasing as self-owned dwellings such as villas, row houses, and separate floors provide better social distancing. In the previous four months, DLF has sold 88 independent floors worth Rs 300 crore in Gurgaon. To capitalize on this trend, developers are selling even smaller plots ranging from 1500 to 2000 square feet.

Interestingly, luxury housing, which has taken a beating in the last two to three years, is gaining traction as homebuyers want larger properties. Workcation is a new concept that has increased the demand for vacation homes and homestays.

Last edited:
christitasker

christitasker

I think so - especially in areas where I live like Florida. We barely have a house available, especially larger homes.

Asmita Bedi

Asmita Bedi

People generally travel to metro cities for better job and education opportunities. Pandemic was a harsh teacher for everyone. Rented or your own house it's always better to have a shelter. Trends are changed..people are now investing in real estate. If we talk about India or more specifically about Pune Real estate will be a good option for investment. It will give you a good ROI.
The real estate sector in India witnessed major reforms this year. Acts like RERA and GST brought in a more regularised and transparent system, both for the builders and consumers. With a systematic approach in the construction market, the prospects for business are higher. In a market like Pune, where growth and development are on the rise. Real estate in Pune can be very profitable. Goel Ganga Developments is one of the best builders in Pune.

G

GavnaDafna

Such problems as coronavirus are only temporary problems, it has always been so, people who want to work at the workplace and not at home will continue to work there, and it seems to me it's too early for them :)

A

abievoller7

I think it is impossible to replace regular work with online work completely. Of course, some companies can do it, but not all. Working online is becoming increasingly popular nowadays, and it's not surprising because everyone wants to work from home.

J

Josh Finch

I think it is impossible to replace regular work with online work completely. Of course, some companies can do it, but not all. Working online is becoming increasingly popular nowadays, and it's not surprising because everyone wants to work from home.
very intersting

M

MolleySorba

In addition, today, everyone has the opportunity to learn something to work remotely. I have worked remotely for 5 years and decided to build an office to work comfortably. I applied for help at https://www.gardenrooms.scot/offices/, and I did not regret it. These guys are true professionals who built a garden office quickly and reasonably priced.