Short Stay in Hurghada....best & most cost effective route ?

queenie40something

queenie40something

OK Queenie, here's a challenge ;)

Living in Cork, Ireland and want to head out to see a developent or three in March. Best I can find is:

Drive Cork to Dublin (4 Hours + Petrol + Parking))
Fly Dublin to Gatwick (€68)
Fly Manchester to Hurghada (€169)
Seven night in accommodation, or ditch (Not costed yet)
Fly Hurghada to Gatwick (€169)
Sleep in Gatwick airport
Fly Gatwick to Dublin (€68)
Drive Dublin to Cork (4 Hours + Petrol)

That's about the only way I can see of doing it, and I'm wondering if it's worth it :(

A shorter trip would be ideal, but I can't find one suitable. I'll keep looking.
Hi Roger - after days of searching found this

Airline Ticket Prices for Dublin, IE to Hurghada, EG and https://www.cheaptickets.com/Secure/ViewFlightInformation?gcid=C16036x186&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=ec1&retrieveParams=true&z=9a73&r=2&z=9a75&r=4&lastPage=interstitial

Shortest route seems to be 14 hours though changing at Italy and Cairo. So that could be an option - searching for cheap flights to Italy then trying to get a cheap flight from Italy to Egypt??

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned

Airline Ticket Prices for Dublin, IE to Hurghada, EG and https://www.cheaptickets.com/Secure/ViewFlightInformation?gcid=C16036x186&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=ec1&retrieveParams=true&z=9a73&r=2&z=9a75&r=4&lastPage=interstitial

Shortest route seems to be 14 hours though changing at Italy and Cairo. So that could be an option - searching for cheap flights to Italy then trying to get a cheap flight from Italy to Egypt??
what a great effort you dofor us Queenie we should all thank you

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks George - gives me something to do LOL.

V

VICKIG

Thomas Cook now do a 3 night trip (Not always) out on a Tuesday back on a Friday or a 4 nights out Friday back Tuesday. This is normally around £460 with a hotel.

Otherwise for shorter stays it has to be British Midland to Cairo and than Egypt Air onwards to Hurghada for 2 nights with accom about the same £460.

Roger

Roger

Jeez, Queenie - thanks for all your efforts :)

14 hours I can just about handle, but the prce is prohibitive. As you say, a bit of searching for cheap flights on that route may be in order. Otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet and go back to the rigours of plan A :eek:

Roger

Roger

Flights

Your welcome Roger.
I see Linsay552 has done some research in another thread, as you suggested it's via mainland Europe. I may just build on that.

That leaves accommodation, which should be available fairly reasonably according to some of the posts here.

T

Thomas Bailie

Does anyone know how to go from Northern Ireland to Hurghada with only one stop ?
We know that we will have an overnight stop on the return journey.

L

lyndsay552

Best way is via Gatwick, as the flight out leaves later in the morning, hence avoiding an overnight stay. On the way back you will need the overnight stay or rough it in airport, during the winter schedules easyjet have an early morning flight leaving at 0655.

The other option if you do not want an over night stay is dublin to frankfurt, frankfurt to hurghada. If you go out on a thurs and back on a monday you don't need an overnight stay.

If you want any more info let me know, I've researched every conceivable option from Belfast :)

T

Thomas Bailie

Best route N Ireland to Hurghada

Best way is via Gatwick, as the flight out leaves later in the morning, hence avoiding an overnight stay. On the way back you will need the overnight stay or rough it in airport, during the winter schedules easyjet have an early morning flight leaving at 0655.

The other option if you do not want an over night stay is dublin to frankfurt, frankfurt to hurghada. If you go out on a thurs and back on a monday you don't need an overnight stay.

If you want any more info let me know, I've researched every conceivable option from Belfast :)
Many thanks for information re flights from Dublin to Hurghada.