New Property Tax Law

J

John111

Can someone please email us a pdf file of the new property tax form. Many Thanks.

Colin.

J

jojo

Is there any news regarding the tax form if a building is not regitered yet?
Is it possible to fill in the form without the building being registerd?
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone found out for certain yet if the tax applies to unregistered properties. We have just been emailed by Karen at Pioneer Property to inform us that all property owners need to return their tax forms by the end of december, not much notice really when we haven't even had them! They are having a meeting on Monday about what is required so when i find out from them I will post the outcome on here. Does anyone know if they expect properties to be registered before 31st Dec too? Hope not!!

Jo

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi we had an email from the Sierra developer confirming that they have submitted forms t the tax office for us at no charge. I have asked for a receipt from the tax office. They have confirmed if you have not had handover then they do not need to be filled out by the end of the year. Check how you stand if your development is not finished.

T

tonyholtom

hi queenie very confusing all this did you get my stuff and are you still planning to go yourself or rely on sierra

Georgina

Georgina

They have opened up a new office for Foreigners to submit their form in Hurghada. I haven't been there but this is an email posted to our El Gouna forum:

The location for foreigners to take the form and to bring it back for filing has been changed to a clean place.

Just follow the street of your map another 150 meters, then you will see on the right side about 50 meters from the street a wall with security towers on top.
Turn right off the road here and go down for about 100 meters. There are two houses on the left side by side.
Go into the second building and directly after the entrance on the right is a nice office even with chairs to wait.
The personal there speaks also some English. They check your form, do corrections if neccessary and give your your receipt after 5 minutes.
I was there today at about 09:30 with a friend and there was only one other customer beside us. And he came without a filled form and a nice guy there did it for him.

Refer to previous posts for map of original tax office where the pile of completed forms is now all around the office and half way to the ceiling.

Still unclear about whether they are accepting downloaded forms. Maybe you need to download them and print them on A3 then fold them to look like the original forms with a staple in the middle and staple at the top!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Tony - yes received them in the post thanks. I will get some advise when I am there and if need be go to El Tor on 30th. I will update you on return x

J

jojo

Hi we had an email from the Sierra developer confirming that they have submitted forms t the tax office for us at no charge. I have asked for a receipt from the tax office. They have confirmed if you have not had handover then they do not need to be filled out by the end of the year. Check how you stand if your development is not finished.
Thanks Queenie, hopefully Pioneer will sort out anything for us. But we haven't had handover yet so there shouldn't be any problems from what you say.
Jo

P

pastaboxer

Don't know if you've all seen this

The new property tax will tax properties at 10% of their rental value. The rental value is calculated as 1.8% of the property's total value for units that are worth up to EGP5.5 million and 2.4% for units above that value. A maintenance cost of 30% for residential properties will be subtracted from the rental value of the unit.

The tax authorities will calculate the property tax by estimating the rental value of each unit and subtracting a maintenance cost as a percentage of the rental value (30% for residential units). In other words, the tax rate for residential properties will be 7% of their rental value. The assessed rental value of the units can not increase by more than 30% for residential properties during the assessment process, which will take place once every five years.

So according to my calculation this amounts to approx £184 per year for a property valued at £100K

At the end of the day who knows what the hell they are up to! I am going to enjoy christmas in the UK and sort it out in March.
:sheep:

Last edited:
D

dave99

P

pastaboxer

Form

The site is developing slowly abd you can now see the link. The form is not downloadable yet but expect it soon......January 1st probably

:turtle:

P

pastaboxer

You're a star Georgina. All looks fairly straight forward, in an egyptian kind of way. I'll send it off and see what happens! Expect a bill this time next year or soon after.
:santaclaus:

H

holterchris

Hi Red Sea Way
Sorry to be ignorant but Im new to this website. how can I get your rate table.
Many thanks for your help, would be easier if you could email, thanks

Hi Queenie

actually i 'm going to put here the table with value rate of the property and how much the owners have to pay each year

Regars
Red Sea Way

F

fabio81

Hi!
I bought a flat at Sierra Resort and I had handover last year, so now I have to fill in the form for property tax. I asked more information to SRE. A first form needs to fill in before December 31st and a second one before March 31st. SRE asked me to give POA to fill in and they asked me money. Is everybody doing the same? or could you suggest me other way? Thanks

D

danny

Tax registration has now been extended to the end of March 2010.

J

John111

Tax registration has now been extended to the end of March 2010.
Thanks Danny, just looked on the Egyptian Gazette and that confirms that the deadline has been extended to the end of March 2010.