New Property Tax Law

C

CMChris

Its all very unclear as to who is to pay, ie If you are not renting out are you still liable? If you can't get out to submit the form in person by the deadline, how is this fair? Surely the developers and Egyptian solicitors knew about this deadline in advance so why has it suddenly been lfet for us to find out then panic about?
I cannot get a definitive answer to any of my questions from any legal sources and there is so much conflicting 'advice' flying around.

Regards
Christine

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Its all very unclear as to who is to pay, ie If you are not renting out are you still liable? If you can't get out to submit the form in person by the deadline, how is this fair?
Surely the developers and Egyptian solicitors knew about this deadline in advance so why has it suddenly been lfet for us to find out then panic about?
I cannot get a definitive answer to any of my questions from any legal sources and there is so much conflicting 'advice' flying around.

Regards
Christine
If readers would look at the breakdown Mr. Yehia posted, you see that the tax forms part of the management costs. So in theory it would be the management's duty to register each property with the names of each owner who they sold to, or they would be fined for not declaring finished properties that could make income from rent.

Do you get my drift?
So realistically, these management companies would submit owner's details in your absence, stating the price you paid, placing a copy of your contract and passport details with the authorities through the lawyer who did the validity transfer. Now I know these lazy lawyers will not want extra duties without payments, but I believe they are committed under the contract you have with them to COMPLETE the ownership details, are they not?

If they did not want to do this when required, (without more costs) I believe it would be they who would be responsible for not declaring your interests. So do not let the situation cause undue concern till things unfold more clearly.

Alan - Coralife-Style Consultants.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
In the light of research

I now have it on good authority that the Property Tax Law can only be implimented on fully registered developments.

Many projects are not registered to avoid tax. Rather than pay tax over the many years of construction they prefer to pay fines. These registration laws are created by Judicial Lawyers for lawyers, using the term "expediency"
meaning - the use of methods that brings about the most immediate benifits based on the practical rather than moral considerations. Done to achieve an aim quickly, regardless of whether it is fair, right or wise in the long term. and some have been hurt from the consequences.

Which leads me to the practicalities of the tax law. Logically, how can officials charge Signiture Validity contract owners a tax based on property rentable values when the projects are not completed and also not registered?

I believe Finance Minister Mr. Youssef Botrous Ghali should go back to the "drawing board" and think again about the Real Economic issues, as their Lawyers would need to revisit the Registration Laws that actually allow freedom and speculation over Taxation. So please do not rush to give him your money.

That brings me nicely to "Conveyancing" - the legal documentation and transfer of ownership..... If local lawyers did not collect and hand over TRUE Due Diligence how would one be sure the property is legally transacted, let alone be taxed on it.

If the security forces in Sharm can restrict owners from entering their projects for days when World Summit Conferences were going on, it makes us wonder who actually owns what!!! And we promotors are equally responsible for delivering the products, so you see the problems we face with this government.

My company Coralife-Style and I state only truths. My legal team deliver it with Real D.D. and represent clients throughout their purchase and beyond, secure in the knowledge investments are safe. We do it because we love the Red Sea and its climate. As a Dive-Master and boat captain I will not put the interest of officialdom first over common sense issues and conservation.

Alan - Coralife-Style Consultants.

T

tonyholtom

Hi there are a few of us at Sierra next month and we are going to get a minibus down to El Tor and hand our forms in asno way we are giving Sierra £110. We will try and meet up with Z to se if he can help us fill in the parts eg address in Arabic. Yes you have to sbmit the form by the end of the year of you will be fined. Dont forget the developer has your passport details and Im sure the government have the power to make them hand them over. I for one dont want a fine or risk refused entry into Egypt. Not worth risking it.
hi queenie, what would you suggest we do we arent going out for some time, and also dont really want to pay sierra £110 but dont see any other way.your advise always apreciated
tony

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Tony pm me your email addie and I will email you form that has handwritten translation on. If you can fill in the ticks sign and post to me I can get the address filled out in Arabic and take it t El Tor for you. I am not paying anyone to do this for me when the taxi ride is only about £15. At least if I hand deliver know they receive it. The bottom of the form is the receipt the tax office will give me back. All I ask is contribution for taxi fare x

Any luck / interest selling yours yet?? Think the one next door to me that was bought by an Egyptian on site worker has now been sold x

Georgina

Georgina

I took my completed form to the Hurghada office this morning. I filled out everything in Arabic and wrote my name at the bottom in Arabic and English and signed as usual.

The office is very small and one guy went through the form and checked it had been completed correctly. I then gave him a copy of my passport. Just the photo page, he didn't want copies of visa or entry stamp. He also attached a copy of my contract for my property. The second guy filled out the last page. You have to write your name again but he did mine. He then tore off my half as a receipt. Entered the details in a ledger then added the form to a pile of thousands of completed forms all over the floor of the office.

The office is the long building with green shutters (map previously uploaded with directions). Go up the broken steps and turn left down the corridor and the office is on the right. Just look for all the piles of completed forms on the floor.

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Cheers for that Georgina - there are lots of boxes to tick so can you clarify what parts I need to complete in Arabic please hun xx

C

CMChris

Apparently if your property is NOT registered then ,until it is, you cannot complete the tax form. :)

P

PhilB

Queenie

Seen you re-mail to Tony and wondered if i could be cheeky and do same. Happy to contribute to taxi fare. We've now put our apartment for sale with Sharm Real Estate, as well as a advert in Pete's pub. Loads seem to be selling on our circle with lots of furniture packages going in when we were there in Oct.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Phil B pm me your email and I will email you roughly translated form. I will gladly take it to El Tor for you but you will need to print off the form fill- tick as much as you you can sign the bottom where it states and I will try and get the Arabic parts filled out and take to El Tor personally. You will need to post it to me with copy contract and 1 passport which includes photo / passport number along with contribution for return taxi fare : )

I fly out 26th Dec so make sure they get to me in plenty of time xx

No way we are going to pay anyone to do this for us xx will spend all day there if I have to arrrggghh lol xx

Georgina

Georgina

Apparently if your property is NOT registered then ,until it is, you cannot complete the tax form. :)
No, this new tax applies to properties registered or not registered. It was the old tax that was on registered properties only.

Georgina

Georgina

Cheers for that Georgina - there are lots of boxes to tick so can you clarify what parts I need to complete in Arabic please hun xx
It is just writing your name and address, district, city and nationality in Arabic if you are completing the form yourself. And I put mobile number, P O Box number for our post office in Arabic numbers. All numbers i.e. floor number, etc.

Everything else is just ticks.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Georgina x did you have to queue up for very long

L

lyndsay552

Is there any cost involved in the initial registering of the apartment? And can you leave in forms on behalf of someone else?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay dont know about the cost of registration in Hurgh but anyone can hand in the forms on behalf of anyone else.

T

tstbubbles

Anyone heard from Zeiad lately?

Hi everyone, we have been trying to sort this new tax out along with finalisation of our property but cannot get any contact with Zeiad. I know he was sick but we have been trying by email, phone and text for months now and getting nowhere. Has anyone any news on how he is or had any recent contact with him?

L

Leo en Manon

Hi Queenie

could you sent me a copy of the translated form?

Thanks in advance!!!

L

Leo en Manon

Is there any news regarding the tax form if a building is not regitered yet?
Is it possible to fill in the form without the building being registerd?