Marsa Alam

L

lyndsay552

The new development in Marsa Alam looks very interesting. Its by the same company that built Zafarana Beach Resort. A middle two bed apartment is only 39,950 euros, which works as only &350 per m2, if my maths is right

C

cin7166

I'm thinking about purchasing in Marsa Alam too. The rental guarantee, the facilities and the location appeals. Is there a payment schedule or is it all paid upfront?

Ted, could you please PM me the agent you used. They sound good.

T

ted_007

The new development in Marsa Alam looks very interesting. Its by the same company that built Zafarana Beach Resort. A middle two bed apartment is only 39,950 euros, which works as only &350 per m2, if my maths is right
Thats correct - very reasonable.
And rental guarantee - Hurghada I don't think will offer these returns.
There is too much construction going on. why someone would rent an a partment in the apartment block, when today from Dublin u can ger a week in 4* with flights half board for 399 eur. And the flight cost 250.
but when a family goes out there, they might want to go for a penthouse.
And they they will pay less all together.

I think the future of investment is in resorts.

And the less overbuit the place, the better.

Thats my opinion.
Ted

A

awahee123

Banned
There are some developments starting from £14100 in Marsa so have a good look on the web there is plenty to be had at reasonable prices.

T

ted_007

if they are similar to Hurgghada apartment blocks, then thank you, NO! :)

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi ted007,

From what i've seen they are nothing like the Hurgahda blocks,but I have only seen pictures.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Marsa Alam V Hurghada

if they are similar to Hurgghada apartment blocks, then thank you, NO! :)
Hi Ted 007,

I have been reading the thread in relation to Marsa Alam and I wish you all the best with your investment but please do not scoff at Hurghada.

I have been told that prices in Marsa Alam are very similar to Hurghada and this will make any investor think twice before he/she throws their money into Marsa Alam.

As mentioned by many senior members from this forum those who have been to Marsa Alam have been "bored to tears".

In my opinion there are a number of reasons why Hurghada is a better investment then Marsa Alam:

1) The Town already exists and the Government have ploughed more money into the Touristic/Intercontinental area than anything else around the Red Sea.

2) There is a large international Airport which is only a few minutes away. I accept that Marsa Alam has an airport but it is way behind Hurghada. Airlines are driven by demand and you would have to have Marsa Alam growing to the size of Hurghada before you will get regular international flights.

3) Sahl Hasheesh has and still is receiving investment money into it totalling millions of pounds. It will still take 3-5 years before it is fully completed.

4) Gamsha Bay South of El Gouna is expected to start very soon and again will be from what has been advertised an immense development.

5) My prediction is that everything that is desert or undeveloped upon running from El Gouna to Sahl Hasheesh will be built upon and eventually become a good investment but it will be headed off by the 2 big developments ie Gamsha Bay and Sahl Hasheesh. Any developments such as Regency Beach, Palma Resort, European Village etc which are isolated at the moment whilst being built will be encompassed in this growth.

So that leaves Marsa Alam about 90 minutes drive from Hurghada and with very little evidence of large investment ( Although there is the usual chinese whispers/ hearsay that someone whose friend works in the Government told someone who then told someone else that Marsa Alam was the next best thing....)

So please again I ask that if you are happy then go ahead and invest in Marsa Alam but do not put down an area that is established and working very well in terms of tourism.

Regards

Westmids33

T

ted_007

westmids - it is ridiculous

Hi Ted 007,

I have been reading the thread in relation to Marsa Alam and I wish you all the best with your investment but please do not scoff at Hurghada.

I have been told that prices in Marsa Alam are very similar to Hurghada and this will make any investor think twice before he/she throws their money into Marsa Alam.

As mentioned by many senior members from this forum those who have been to Marsa Alam have been "bored to tears".

In my opinion there are a number of reasons why Hurghada is a better investment then Marsa Alam:

1) The Town already exists and the Government have ploughed more money into the Touristic/Intercontinental area than anything else around the Red Sea.

2) There is a large international Airport which is only a few minutes away. I accept that Marsa Alam has an airport but it is way behind Hurghada. Airlines are driven by demand and you would have to have Marsa Alam growing to the size of Hurghada before you will get regular international flights.

3) Sahl Hasheesh has and still is receiving investment money into it totalling millions of pounds. It will still take 3-5 years before it is fully completed.

4) Gamsha Bay South of El Gouna is expected to start very soon and again will be from what has been advertised an immense development.

5) My prediction is that everything that is desert or undeveloped upon running from El Gouna to Sahl Hasheesh will be built upon and eventually become a good investment but it will be headed off by the 2 big developments ie Gamsha Bay and Sahl Hasheesh. Any developments such as Regency Beach, Palma Resort, European Village etc which are isolated at the moment whilst being built will be encompassed in this growth.

So that leaves Marsa Alam about 90 minutes drive from Hurghada and with very little evidence of large investment ( Although there is the usual chinese whispers/ hearsay that someone whose friend works in the Government told someone who then told someone else that Marsa Alam was the next best thing....)

So please again I ask that if you are happy then go ahead and invest in Marsa Alam but do not put down an area that is established and working very well in terms of tourism.

Regards

Westmids33

Westmids,

That just shows how very much overdeveloped the area is, isn't it?

thanks for taking care of my investments, but that's a BIT too much.
I would highly appreciate if u'd keep similar comments for URSELF, ok?

Ted

Last edited:
W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Freedom of speech?

Westmids,

thanks for taking care of my investments, but that's a BIT too much.
I would highly appreciate if u'd keep similar comments for URSELF, ok?

Ted
Hello again,

Maybe I didnt make my message clear. I have no interest in your investments and im sure you could guess next weeks lottery numbers too but im not interested. My point to be made is why do you have to try and put down Hurghada just to make Marsa Alam sound good?

As for you suggesting i keep comments to myself they were meant for the many thousands of people who have invested in Hurghada as compared to Marsa Alam

Night?

Westmids33

T

ted_007

Hello again,

Maybe I didnt make my message clear. I have no interest in your investments and im sure you could guess next weeks lottery numbers too but im not interested. My point to be made is why do you have to try and put down Hurghada just to make Marsa Alam sound good?

As for you suggesting i keep comments to myself they were meant for the many thousands of people who have invested in Hurghada as compared to Marsa Alam

Night?

Westmids33

ha ha ha
I am not selling anything, westmids.
So, I do not need to promote Marsa or Hurghada.
I think, Hurghada is overdeveloped and as u suggested will be even more overdeveloped with all these towns coming around and in Hurghada.

And I prefere to invest into well looked after and servised resorts, and haven't seen anything better than Marsa Alam.

Made my choise. And HAVE NO IDEA, why this makes u angry...

Get a life

Good luck

Ted

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Rose Tinted Glasses?

ha ha ha
I am not selling anything, westmids.
So, I do not need to promote Marsa or Hurghada.
I think, Hurghada is overdeveloped and as u suggested will be even more overdeveloped with all these towns coming around and in Hurghada.

And I prefere to invest into well looked after and servised resorts, and haven't seen anything better than Marsa Alam.

Made my choise. And HAVE NO IDEA, why this makes u angry...

Get a life

Good luck

Ted

Hello Ted,

If you havent seen anything better than clearly you need to read more on this forum and maybe you would get a better quality of life and understanding.

As for luck if you are investing in Marsa Alam as compared to other areas then i think you need the luck.

Im sure people on this forum will love your comments on putting Hurghada down.

Have a good one

Westmids33

T

ted_007

Hello Ted,

If you havent seen anything better than clearly you need to read more on this forum and maybe you would get a better quality of life and understanding.

As for luck if you are investing in Marsa Alam as compared to other areas then i think you need the luck.

Im sure people on this forum will love your comments on putting Hurghada down.

Have a good one

Westmids33

Ok, peace peace peace!!!!!!!!!!!!
are all ur developments that u r promoting only in Hurghada?
Get one in Marsa Alam and there won't be anymore arguments.
and ur clients will have choice as well.
And everyone is a winner then.
and u will use ur energy for botter purposes.

Ted.

P

propertastic

You keep saying that Hurghada is over-developed, but compared to where?

Sharm? Marsa Alam? Turkey? Morocco? Spain? Cape Verde? Bulgaria?

I haven't been to most of these places, but I have been to Alanya - one small city in Turkey - and I saw more development going on in one of Alanya's satellite towns than the whole of the Red Sea Riviera.

When you put development in Hurghada into a global context, it really is not that much at all.

L

lyndsay552

Ted,

Less than two weeks ago you where adamant that Zafarana was the place to invest. Now you have changed your mind to Marsa Alam and completely slagged off hurghada and a very informative member of this forum.

Have you actually been to any of these areas? Maybe you should visit them before making such strong comments.

T

ted_007

who is slagging off who and why?

Ted,

Less than two weeks ago you where adamant that Zafarana was the place to invest. Now you have changed your mind to Marsa Alam and completely slagged off hurghada and a very informative member of this forum.

Have you actually been to any of these areas? Maybe you should visit them before making such strong comments.

Hi, Lyndsay,

Lyndsay, r u an agent?
r u all guys agents here? looks like it. and none of u is selling Marsa?
I was never saying that Zafarana is a place to invest, was just looking at it and asking questions. Isn't this forum designed for that?
But it was almost sold out at a time some 5 apt. left.
actually, to anyone who is able to do a simple maths it looks a good investment for 5 years.

Have I been to Hurghada - yes, Zafarana - no, Marsa - Yes,Sharm - yes.
Have u?
What else I have to visit to make a judgement for the place?

Ok, fair enough, through at me ur investment cases. Maybe then u will stop slagging off me. I am open to any reasonable offers. PM, please.

Ted

queenie40something

queenie40something

Cmon guys - lets keep the banter friendly for all to read.

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Are you an agent?

Ok, peace peace peace!!!!!!!!!!!!
are all ur developments that u r promoting only in Hurghada?
Get one in Marsa Alam and there won't be anymore arguments.
and ur clients will have choice as well.
And everyone is a winner then.
and u will use ur energy for botter purposes.

Ted.
Hi Ted,

If only you spent more energy looking into and contributing to other parts of the forum I would me more comfortable. I have noted from looking at your previous posts that the only threads you have added to have been Marsa Alam whereas myself and others that you accuse of being agents have contributed to all threads and have been very informative. It concerns me that you are very quick at calling anyone that criticises your put downs of Hurghada as an Agent. I fear that you may be an agent or very closely linked to one?

For your information I am a lawyer in the midlands and am not an agent or developer but a person who wishes to invest in the Red Sea.

Regards

Westmids33

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Forgive me Ted but having had a lot of experience with this type of forum it is quite common when someone praises one area and criticises another constantly that alarm bells start to ring. It is often the case that the person in question is an agent or working with an agent to 'build up' a particular area. On this forum you will find that the members are generally very knowlegeable and most have declared their personal interests in the 'Introductions' section. No one has the right to criticise other peoples investment strategies; you can express a point of view but do not expect everyone to agree with you. If you like Marsa so much it is your personal choice, time will tell whether you were right. I do however think that it is time that you declared your interests and then everyone will know where you are coming from. I AM AN AGENT AND AN INVESTOR, my signature tells you that so lets hear a bit more about you?