Marsa Alam

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - what my friend found really annoying is that there were not enough tour ops / agents / companies arranging trips etc. She said the ones that were really had the monopoly on them and the trips were very over priced.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
There is a lot of interest in Marsa Alam at the moment and the direct link to UK airports will increase the number of visitors in the future. I believe that Marsa Alam is a definate punt for canny investors prepared to get in early and wait...don't expect huge rental returns in the early years but wait for capital growth. In five years your investment will treble...

S

shellbell

There is a lot of interest in Marsa Alam at the moment and the direct link to UK airports will increase the number of visitors in the future. I believe that Marsa Alam is a definate punt for canny investors prepared to get in early and wait...don't expect huge rental returns in the early years but wait for capital growth. In five years your investment will treble...
Well thats what I was thinking really.....
It'll be 18 months before its built, then a 5 year rental guarantee, which they say will be renewable, but even if not, then in 6 to 10 years will it be one of those you wish you'd done because its "the new place" to be........
I know its nothing much now, but thinking it could be a good one long term. Especially if they ever opened up that old road.

P

propertyborders

I have heard many good thing about this area and also agree it must be one for the future.

F

flip

Question just that really. I've been sent details of Marsa Alam Beach Resort - & on paper it looks good. I've watched their development at Zafarana & they seem to be pretty good. So any opinions?:rolleyes:
Shellbell can you please pm info on this new resort the Marsa Alam Beach Resort development. do you have the contact number for the developers?

S

shellbell

flip
pm'd you as requested. Though advert at bottom of this page too. Let me know your thoughts....... I'm teetering as they say.

T

ted_007

Marsa Alam - selling agent is important

Anyone else considering putting their money down?
Hi, Shellbell,

I just did.Just put the deposit down on a penthouse and can even advise u on an agency.
they are hoping to find a financing for me. and at least if it doesn't work, they have tried.
Also nice friendly and approachable.
All good.

Ted

S

shellbell

Ted,
What made you go for it? Price, location, developer.......? Are you looking for holiday home or investment?

T

ted_007

Marsa Alam - agent is important

Ted,
What made you go for it? Price, location, developer.......? Are you looking for holiday home or investment?
Eh....
Before I came on this forum I even didn't know about this project and about developer or anything on Egypts properties.
But spoke here to one agent.
And she was so nice and full of info that easily persuaded me - this is all I need.
Ha ha ha just kidding.
Actually - developer is good. Place - quiet, but has potential. I was impressed by their Zafarana project.
My agent was there and showed me 200 pictures even made from very close - how the switch looks like.
Rental quarantee - more than u can hope for these days.
in 7 years after rental quarantee is finished I will think about it.
But choose agent that would care about u and will always update u with the newest info. if she gets me mortgage, even better.

R u thinking about Marsa Alam Beach Resort?

Ted

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Hello

Eh....
Before I came on this forum I even didn't know about this project and about developer or anything on Egypts properties.
But spoke here to one agent.
And she was so nice and full of info that easily persuaded me - this is all I need.
Ha ha ha just kidding.
Actually - developer is good. Place - quiet, but has potential. I was impressed by their Zafarana project.
My agent was there and showed me 200 pictures even made from very close - how the switch looks like.
Rental quarantee - more than u can hope for these days.
in 7 years after rental quarantee is finished I will think about it.
But choose agent that would care about u and will always update u with the newest info. if she gets me mortgage, even better.

R u thinking about Marsa Alam Beach Resort?

Ted
Hi Ted,

Where are you from and do you have any other investments in EGYPT? What made you choose Marsa Alam as opposed to Hurghada or Sahl Hasheesh which are closer to an airport and better established?

Regards

Westmids33

T

ted_007

Hi Ted,

Where are you from and do you have any other investments in EGYPT? What made you choose Marsa Alam as opposed to Hurghada or Sahl Hasheesh which are closer to an airport and better established?

Regards

Westmids33
Hi, Westmids33,

Thats exactly the point.
I'm Irish and that is my first investment in Egypt. I didn't choose SH or H because that is already overbuilt thats what I believe. I went there for long weekend.
I think that in long term there are more future in those less established resorts.
Price as well. Price is great. At the start of reservation Ill get one of the best locations. and hopefuly mortgage

Ted

J

J4hurghada

Banned
how much is the prices of apartments in marsa alam at the moment?

P

propertyborders

Hello Peter,

I like all of you find Marsa Alam very interesting, but why would you or anyone think of buying here if the prices are the same or are close to the same price as Hurghada?

I am going by the price of the Marsa Alam Beach Resort which I worked out at close to £500 per meter, you can obviously buy at regency beach for £500 per meter.
Is it that this resort of Marsa Alam Beach Resort is over priced or am I missing something?.

If anyone's else has any idea on this I welcome your comments, but it seems to me the prices in Marsa Alam are the same as in Hurghada, and Hurghada has the advantage of already being developed for the tourists.

T

ted_007

Hello Peter,

I like all of you find Marsa Alam very interesting, but why would you or anyone think of buying here if the prices are the same or are close to the same price as Hurghada?

I am going by the price of the Marsa Alam Beach Resort which I worked out at close to £500 per meter, you can obviously buy at regency beach for £500 per meter.
Is it that this resort of Marsa Alam Beach Resort is over priced or am I missing something?.

If anyone's else has any idea on this I welcome your comments, but it seems to me the prices in Marsa Alam are the same as in Hurghada, and Hurghada has the advantage of already being developed for the tourists.

Hi, Hurghada promoters,

That town is overdeveloped already.
were the rental return will be coming from?
so much property on offer.

Ted

P

propertyborders

Hi, Hurghada promoters,

That town is overdeveloped already.
were the rental return will be coming from?
so much property on offer.

Ted
Hi Ted,

For me its not that I would like to promote Hurghada over Marsa Alam, but my clients themselves only need to do the math to see the prices for themselves.
Hurghada of course has more buildings being built then Marsa Alam but it also has much more tourists visiting from across the World.

Ted does the Marsa Alam Beach Resort offer guaranteed rental returns? if so how much? we at Property Borders will not only promote one area in Egypt we will promote the whole of the Red Sea if it offers value and investment and of course due a safe investment to our clients.

I believe we don't need to pick the investment for our clients a good investment picks itself.

Last edited:
S

shellbell

I'm considering Marsa Alam for several reasons - rental guarantee, position - seems like it could be good for future, & buying on a 5 star resort. Yes you can buy in Hurghada for similar price, but they are basically apts with pool access, as far as I can tell. This will be a resort in itself with lots of facilities & hotel renting out on your behalf. Seems to me renting out in Hurghada will be well nigh impossible with hotel deals & number of apt blocks available.
Like I say, I'm no expert & stand to be corrected..... but thats my take on it at present.