Lawyers, Bank Accounts, Making A Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M Butler

for lawyers i would recommend Sara Hinton or Tim Armsby at Trowers Hamlins in Cairo. Sara is the egypt senior partner of this london based firm whove had an office in cairo for several years. ive used her and tim for some of my stuff and they are friendly and good and not overly expensive. Sara owns a house in el Gouna so shes knows her way around these things and i found her very comforting when i bought my place in gouna. tel +20227357332
Jeremy,
We are in the process of buying a re-sale in El Gouna. Did your lawyer turn up any problems with your contract?
We are a bit worried as the property has suffered a bit of water damage from the irrigation system and we are having an engineers report drawn up. However, the engineer is from Orascom and I know from experience that the answer to most things in Egypt is "no problem missus"!!
Is the Orascom contract "set in stone" or can you adapt it to relate to the property in question?

Thanks,
margaret

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Jeremy,
We are in the process of buying a re-sale in El Gouna. Did your lawyer turn up any problems with your contract?
We are a bit worried as the property has suffered a bit of water damage from the irrigation system and we are having an engineers report drawn up. However, the engineer is from Orascom and I know from experience that the answer to most things in Egypt is "no problem missus"!!
Is the Orascom contract "set in stone" or can you adapt it to relate to the property in question?

Thanks,
margaret
point is iEl Gouna no one allowed to do anything out of Orascom :)

M

M Butler

Hi George,

If I remember correctly, in El Gouna it is only the outside/structure of the buildings that must be maintained by Orascom. Inside the property and in the garden you can use anyone you like.

Margaret

R

Riccal

Zeiad

Hi - brand new to the forum. I am an agent with clients who have been asking me about Egypt. I have been looking at the Red Sea coast for a while and have just got to the stage where I would like to link up with a lawyer who has been recommended and start on some due diligence.

I notice the name of Zeiad a lot in connection with a trusted legal representative and would like to know how to get in touch with him.

I am about as technical as a dead badger so not sure yet if I can access personal messages etc.

Can you help? cheers

Rick

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - brand new to the forum. I am an agent with clients who have been asking me about Egypt. I have been looking at the Red Sea coast for a while and have just got to the stage where I would like to link up with a lawyer who has been recommended and start on some due diligence.

I notice the name of Zeiad a lot in connection with a trusted legal representative and would like to know how to get in touch with him.

I am about as technical as a dead badger so not sure yet if I can access personal messages etc.

Can you help? cheers

Rick
Hi Rick and welcome I highly recommend Zeiad and you can find his contact details on his 1st post here http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-procedures-purchase-property-egypt.html

Regards
Alison

L

Lsab

Can you help? cheers

Rick
Hello Rick, welcome to the forum. I probably make that dead badger actually look technical but I can tell you that you won't be able to access personal messages until you've made 5 good posts. :D You'll be able to leave a message for Zeiad on the thread that Queenie mentioned though.

Last edited:
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi George,

If I remember correctly, in El Gouna it is only the outside/structure of the buildings that must be maintained by Orascom. Inside the property and in the garden you can use anyone you like.

Margaret
yes that is correct :)

R

Riccal

Hi Rick
If you are looking for a partner to be like your base in The Red Sea Area in Hurghada or Sharm to take care about your client we can do this for you :) but for legal issues sure Ziad is the one, please let me know if I can help you :)
Regards
George
Hi George, will bear in mind. Just getting a little more comfortable with the legal issues at the moment and just spoke to Zeiad and have sent some details to him so moving forward.

Cheers

Rick

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi George, will bear in mind. Just getting a little more comfortable with the legal issues at the moment and just spoke to Zeiad and have sent some details to him so moving forward.

Cheers

Rick
Great Rick :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeremy Sturgess

Jeremy,

Thanks,
margaret
I'm ashamed to say that when I bought my villa I hardly bothered to read the contract and there were no amedments therefore !. I had met Samih by then and felt very comfortable. Orascom are v reputable and I havent come accross any horror stories. I think its a pretty standard purchase contract (having now seen a few !) but if you are buying a resale then I dont know as I have no knowledge of what those contracts look like. Sara at trowers is probably the best person to advise you if you are worried. best of luck jeremy

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I'm ashamed to say that when I bought my villa I hardly bothered to read the contract and there were no amedments therefore !. I had met Samih by then and felt very comfortable. Orascom are v reputable and I havent come accross any horror stories. I think its a pretty standard purchase contract (having now seen a few !) but if you are buying a resale then I dont know as I have no knowledge of what those contracts look like. Sara at trowers is probably the best person to advise you if you are worried. best of luck jeremy
Yes Jeremy I think Margret already asked her Lawyer and they are now checking the papaers and waiting for the Engineers feed back on the villa construction

M

M Butler

Thanks Jeremy and George,

I think it is the laid back way that property sales are done here compared to the UK that I am finding a little unsettling. I am hoping that everything will be fine and we can sign on the dotted line.
I am not sure about having a lawyer in Cairo to cover the buying process though. I know when it comes to registering the contract a Cairo lawyer will be required but is it better to have a local lawyer go through the contract or perhaps it is not necessary with Orascom. I think what happens with a resale is that the original contract is assigned to the new purchaser but I could be wrong. Time will tell!!!

Margaret

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Thanks Jeremy and George,

I think it is the laid back way that property sales are done here compared to the UK that I am finding a little unsettling. I am hoping that everything will be fine and we can sign on the dotted line.
I am not sure about having a lawyer in Cairo to cover the buying process though. I know when it comes to registering the contract a Cairo lawyer will be required but is it better to have a local lawyer go through the contract or perhaps it is not necessary with Orascom. I think what happens with a resale is that the original contract is assigned to the new purchaser but I could be wrong. Time will tell!!!

Margaret
There is a lawyer called Zaied who is active on this forum who is also good I've heard. Good luck

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Zeiad is an excellent lawyer who I know personally and who has given extensive advice to members of the forum free of charge. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

Peter Mitry

queenie40something

queenie40something

Ditto above - he is my lawyer and was recommended to me by another buyer. His is a reputable lawyer and really knows his stuff. His English is excellent and he responds very quickly to emails.

J

Jef1

Repatriation of Funds.

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to repatriate funds out of Egypt? :confused:
If I pay a developer stage payments directly into their bank account do I need to prove that I have sent this money from the UK to Egypt or is it best to open an Egyptian bank account, transfer money into this account and then arrange for the funds to be paid to the developer?
I would appreciate any information on this topic.

L

lovesquadsue

Hi Jef1
When we made our stage payments i just sent them via international bank transfer from my local barclays bank - they give you all the documentation to confirm that it has been sent and to which account etc as evidence that the money has been sent.... it costs £20.00 per transfer with Barclays.
Hope this helps,
Sue

J

Jef1

Repatriation of Funds

Thanks Lovesquadsue
Were you advised that this procedure is sufficient? I just want to be sure that I can easily take my money out of Egypt when the time comes for me to sell.
Did you receive any legal advice about this and if so would you recommend them?
Like many people I am a little nervous and want to make sure I don't make any mistakes that's going to cost me!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I have merged the last 3 posts into this thread.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Lovesquadsue
Were you advised that this procedure is sufficient? I just want to be sure that I can easily take my money out of Egypt when the time comes for me to sell.
Did you receive any legal advice about this and if so would you recommend them?
Like many people I am a little nervous and want to make sure I don't make any mistakes that's going to cost me!
Hi we also made payments via our bank ( Natwest ) and the cost was about the same per transaction. I highly recommend Zeiad as an excellent English speaking lawyer based in Sharm. You mat find his thread helpful http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/6847-legal-procedures-purchase-property-egypt.html and he is always on hand to answer any questions or queries that you post in the thread.

Regards

Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.