I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

presidentrr

Invest in Africa- Ghana

Hi James,

Do you can look around but you not able to find some very good investment.
If you really want make money look for the beach property market in Ghana.
After the oil fund comes now the boom in the real estate. Rental rate for beach villas and houses from $ 2000- 3000 are now normal. all the worldwide oil companies coming now to Ghana and looking for renting opportunities for their workers. beach houses and villas around Ghana- Takoradi are now hot!
Ghana is to be expected the Dubai in Africa

thanks
Uwe

P

presidentrr

Welcome in Modern Ghana ,

If you live in America , UK ,Germany or Asia and you still think people in Africa live in trees, as your grandfather had prejudiced your mind a long time ago, think again! Welcome to Accra,Takoradi,Ankobra,Eikwe - Ghana, the land of Kwame Nkrumah, and the first country in Africa to wrestle independence from the British 53 years ago.

There is something going on here which has not happened before. People here are snapping up luxury beach villas and Beach homes like there is no tomorrow, and some smart developers in tghana are responding to the brisk demand very briskly too. There is a lot of anticipation and excitement here, maybe because of the recent oil find in Takoradi area and the expected drilling scheduled for the last quarter of this year. Demand for luxury real estate in safe residential beach neighborhoods has become a sport. People can't wait to see the ground broken by a developer in these neighborhoods before they swoop in to register their interest quickly. Major companies in Ghana like C & R Ankobra Ltd. are literally stepping over each other, registering their interest in properties. Foreign companies looking for accommodation for their foreign staff in particular, are racing for such places because most of these developments are created in gated communities or with own beach.

The Airport Residential Area in Accra as well beach areas around Takoradi particular has become a haven for luxury villas and beach homes. Driving through this area these days feels like driving through the southeast corridor in Miami, Florida. The major players in this area are C & R Ankobra Ltd, Purple Oak Ltd and Villagio Vista by Trasacco Valley Developers at Dzorwulu, just next door in Accra and the Takoradi ,Ankobra , Eikwe area. Having met most of the players myself, it feels good to know that it is Ghanaian entrepreneurs who are the brains behind all these projects and it tells you how far our country has come. I guarantee anyone to step into any of these developments to see the quality of work being done on these projects: it feels like any luxury home or villa Miami, Los Angeles, London, Paris or Tokyo - I guarantee you! Beach villas, houses and condo units here are selling from US $250,000 and up, depending on number of bedrooms, baths and size of the property. Most villas , houses and developments have a pool, a own private shoreline, a kids playground ,clubhouse. Savy investors are snapping up these properties briskly at today's prices because they know that these will be the multi-million-dollar properties of tomorrow, just as it happened in Miami, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris or Tokyo over the years.

We had our own experience recently, representing a landlord in negotiating a lease for a foreign company who have just arrived in town to start building homes in Ghana. By the time we concluded our negotiations, three other companies were already lined up on standby, waiting to take the building if our negotiations failed. That's how high the demand is for properties in these areas. There is a new enclave being built at the outskirt area from Takoradi to be called Ankobra Beach Development as well Eikwe Beach Development, which will house a 4*-resort, beach villas ,pool. This enclave is merely a half hour drive from Takoradi.

The best kept secret in Takoradi these days is the Beach road area as well the Ankobra and Eikwe beach area where the developments has virtually become the enclave for luxury beach villas and -homes. Don't be surprised to see heavely machines razing to the ground land for brand new beach Villas and homes here. Luxury beach villas and homes in this area around Takoradi rent easily for US $2000 – US $3000. Yes, in Takoradi , Ghana! If you are thinking of buying property in this area, be ready to shell out anything from the $400s. There are several beach villa developments here, all will build tastefully and created with lots of greenery, swimming pools and in walking distance to the beach . It is a joy to visit this areas and beaches and see things for yourself. And if you have the money, buy one beach villa or home! The developers are waiting and eager to satisfy your taste.

Who says Africans live in bad condition?
Leave those tired thoughts behind and welcome to the new modern Ghana!!!
Uwe Ritter

M

Mari

Hi Tinus, You say that you can advise on a property investment max 100 000 US Dollars. I am a Russian lady who wants to invest to have an anual return (not very high but guaranteed) and at the same time the holliday home in 10 years for myself when I retire. I have never invested before, this amount is all my savings, so you understand that a nice pictiresque place, a beach max 1 km away and flying distance max 5 hours from Russia is my priority. One more thing, the warmer in autumn &spring - the better.

Is there any place that you could kindly advise? I considered Spain, Greece and Egypt, but they all look like not places for investment but just as vacation homes for myself (I understand that the place should be attactive for tourists that arrive by budget airline and tend to rent apartments rather than to buy tourist packages with hotel+meal). Reg. Marina

L

lena green

Hi Marina,

Vladimir sends his regards, he lives in my house here in Portugal as my gardener and close friend, he`s been here 6 years and enjoys every minute. We have many Russians here in the Algarve, southern Portugal where we have sunshine all year round....they can`t all be wrong can they? We have it all here and we are about to build 5 new town houses very shortly, one of them could be for you! see http://www.opipt.com/mysitelinks.htm regards Graham

B

BizPropMan

I would gladly help, but my expertise are Commercial, Industrial & Retail Property in South Africa. Thus more than 5 hours away and can not be used for residential purposes.

M

Mari

Hi Graham, thanks for the link. Your best price that is Euro 150 m is high for me. My limit is $ 100m. I have been to Portugal, it is charming espessially more to the north. I guess there will be one more issue with this country for me- visa. As Russians need to apply for a visa each time and your country doesn't give 2 years visas for the property owners. Is the place walking distance to the beach? Reg. Marina

J

jestjools

What about Turkey

Hi

I have been investing in Turkey for the past ten years and have made good returns on the properties I have bought. Location is all important ofcourse. The cheaper properties you see advertised are not generally in main areas and many are built as a complex (which attract a monthly maintenance fee). I currently have a property in the historical city centre of Antalya, kaleici. This is my second property in this area - reason....millions of tourists visit it every year, it is an all year round location. It can never alter - no risk of a block of apartments being built to obstruct your view. Rental potential is fabulous, whether you choose to rent long term or as a short term holiday let. Antalya itself is a very cosmopolitan city. The transport infrastructure is excellent. The airport is about 15 minutes away and ofcourse is open all year also. In Kaleici, everything is on your doorstep....yet you feel as if you are nestled in a little piece of heaven.

P

Property Profit

Why Not The UK

The Uk is right at the bottom of a property bust. With a good track record properties are starting to go up and we have seen a 10% rise in England over the last 12 months.

A

andyphillip

Property prices are increasing by at least 10-15% each year. When I bought my apartment near Split last year, property prices were averaging 1.400euro/m2.
This year they are typically 1.900/m2. With their entry into the EU this will only increase further. There is also a good rental yield of 6-7%, depending on location and marketing.

J

JordanRHughes

Now this is where I want to be. We are looking for a property to retire at. Thanks for having this thread.

Cheers.
:dancing:

Last edited:
E

Eagleskey

What do you think for investmentsin Greece? What is your experiences?

M

madison85

well there one of the worst debted countries in europe and the fianncial and political situration there in it might not be the best at this time but you might be able to find a bargin if you have the money

E

Eagleskey

Thank you for your reply Madison. Do you know anything about the areas in Greece. Which one is better to invest at the moment?

well there one of the worst debted countries in europe and the fianncial and political situration there in it might not be the best at this time but you might be able to find a bargin if you have the money

sextant

sextant

French market has proven to be the most stable property market throughout the worlwide financial crisis.
If you want to make a safe investment with a guaranteed rental income then you can have a look at<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
D

devehrey

If you're planning to invest using a little of your money and expecting it to become really huge, you can try investing in the Philippines. Foreign investors are very much welcome and stocks buying has been a trend.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Koh Samui Property

Check out Koh Samui

Koh Samui island is being promoted as a five star resort and spa destination. Although the market here is slow, with relatively low sales of new properties, the infrastructure and investment in branded hotels and high end properties continues.

2010 will continue slow, into 2011. But the continuing rise in Koh Samui's profile as a destination to retire to and holiday, should bring more buyers. Chinese and other Asian investors are starting to look here as well, this will also stimulate the property market here in Koh Samui.

A second airport is one other factor that needs to happen before things really become interesting.:idea:

N

november

Hunting for your dream house is very exciting, but where to start? There are currently many homes for sale [/URL]at bargain prices, as the property market is only starting to lift up its head again after the recession. Another plus is that interest rates in South Africa are currently at the lowest levels in years.
that sounds interesting do you have prices and locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.