I want to invest in property, where is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lysos

So, people who bought last year have actually made 50% profit cash in hand (less expenses, of course)?.

J

JMBroad

Yes. Actually they made more because they hadn't finished all their payments to us at the price of 50.000 R$ but resales before completion are never guaranteed so we prefer to not count on them. Brief description (keeping it brief and without names as advertising is not allowed on this part of the site):

65 plots, several leisure facilities, located 2 minutes from a great beach, 8 minutes from the centre of the state capital, bordering a river. Above average construction quality (not luxury) as end user targetted are local Brazilian families.

The investor reserved a plot for 50.000 R$ back at pre-launch a year ago before final licenses were granted (reservation fee of 300 € refundable if licenses etc were not approved by their lawyer). One year later after final licenses had been granted and construction of the development was almost complete, we only had 1 plot left for sale and the sales price was now 75.000 R$. We sent out an email to all our early investors informing them that there was only one plot left and offering to include their plots for sale if they decide they did want to resale already. Of the 65 plots only 5 wanted to resell at this price (so we now had a total of six plots) - one month later we now have 3 plots left and have announced to our partners that the price of the remaining plots will increase to 82.000 R$ on the 15th of September. Upon completion the plots can be resold to locals with financing through one of the local banks. And in case someone is wondering what the situation is like today... well that email to the investors was sent out on the 6th of August 2009.

We always suggest that investors look at a medium term investment of 3 to 5 years to maximise profits however it is still possible to achieve good returns on property in Brazil without waiting that long with the right product and geared towards the right end user. Pure investment property should (in my opinion) be focused on the domestic market as the demand is massive.

If you are wondering "how massive can the demand be during the current economic crisis" here is a tip... don't take my word for it - I'm biased as I work in the industry and am posting about it on a forum for investors.

Do a google search for "minha casa minha vida natal rn" and use google translator to translate the news articles and webpages you'll find from Portuguese to English - many of the first ones I found are articles from local newspapers explaining how developers simply can't keep up with the demand and why the demand is so unbelievably high.

For full details translate this page: Minha Casa, Minha Vida.

Excerpt from news article http://www.bahiaemfoco.com/minha_casa_minha_vida/minha_casa_minha_vida_natal_-_rn_-_programa_habitacional.html:

"A Prefeitura do Natal, por meio da Secretaria de Habitação, Regularização Fundiária e Projetos Estruturantes (Seharpe),realiza, desde o dia 4 de maio, o cadastramento para programas habitacionais. Em oito dias, foram contabilizadas 25.252 pessoas cadastradas. Entre os programas oferecidos está o “Minha Casa, Minha Vida” do governo federal." - 13th of May 2009

"The City of Natal, through the Department of Housing, Land Regularization and Structuring Projects (Seharpe),held from the 4th of May, the registration for housing programs. In eight days, 25,252 people were registered. Among the programs offered is the "My House, My Life," the federal government's housing plan" - 13th of May 2009

So far 600 units have been approved and have started construction - needless to say they are all sold out.

J

Jolie

Hi

I want to share a community I recently joined which is related to UAE property bayut community... Its informative.. anyone can join and share knowledge.. Cheers

R

rowlandsbb

Must be the only part of the world where the property market is still boom time!!

V

Vila Romania

Try looking at ROMANIA.If you are interested send me a message.I AM THE OWNER>I sell my properties in Romania.It's a very beautiful country.

J

Jolie

Hi

Does People of Romania are interested in buying property overseas?

P

Plamen

I am looking to invest in property, I am purely looking to make money on the property not use it for a holiday home, I have been looking at Dubai, Southern Cyprus but I’m concerned I’m to late, I am also considering Northern Cyprus & Bulgaria, the prices are great but I’m not sure on the risks invoiced or the predicted return I could receive.

I have also looked at the USA as property is hitting rock bottom but again I’m not sure if or when it will go back up.

If anybody knows where the best places overseas to invest I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

James
Hi,James!Bulgaria is good choice at the moment!Prices of sea view parcels to built between Balchik and Albena you can buy now about 60-70 euro about sq.m.!In comparison with last year 100-120 euro!Great 50% discount,anyway in 2010,Bulgaria will begin to grow!You cant loss from parcel with good location and good view,becouse nobody can to produce good parcels!That's the nature!Thing about Bulgaria!If you choose Bulgaria,you will win!If you need somebody for consulting about Bulgaria!I am the your person,call me 00359897744182!Regards,Plamen Petkov!Can you find me also in Facebook!!!:)

R

rowlandsbb

Well I suppose there are some mug punters out there!!!

Now if a person has a dream of a life style in Turkey , then there is no reason why they should not follow that dream . but they have to be very wary of the prices advertised as it is normal for there to be 'one price for the locals ' and another for the 'expat punters'

And straight off you should be looking for at least 30% off the old asking prices if not 50%

If you thought Spain was a mine field in the boom time, then it turned out that in reality it wasnt compared with ' the emerging markets, Turkey Dubai etc'

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

Well I suppose there are some mug punters out there!!!

Now if a person has a dream of a life style in Turkey , then there is no reason why they should not follow that dream . but they have to be very wary of the prices advertised as it is normal for there to be 'one price for the locals ' and another for the 'expat punters'

And straight off you should be looking for at least 30% off the old asking prices if not 50%

If you thought Spain was a mine field in the boom time, then it turned out that in reality it wasnt compared with ' the emerging markets, Turkey Dubai etc'
Well that is not a very nice thing to say have you lived in Turkey and experienced this. You would be plugging Spain where the euro is crap. At least you get your monenies worth here a lot cheaper if you shop around.Have you read the papers where every one is going to Turkey. Our complex has been fully booked this year.

:congrats:

J

JMBroad

When someone resorts to talking down about other markets instead of extolling the virtues of their own it is normally a bad sign about their own market.

Investors these days are a lot smarter than they were ten years ago. In the past ten years they have been through or heard about several property cycles and learnt something from each one.

They can easily check facts online and it has never been easier to compare prices. Those of us working in property have to adapt to the market - thankfully agents now have to actually understand what makes a product a good investment. While this does mean that many agents will go out of business in the coming years it also means that investors are able to understand agents and developers who do actually have a feasible product.

And before you ask, no, I don't advertise on the site - I'm just here to try and help people understand why Brazil is (in my opinion) the best country to invest in at the moment.

But I'd also love to get tangible feedback on all the other markets as I used to research many of them and would like to keep up to date.

N

Nick Brian

Hi everyone, look the US economy has been in recession for a long time. And now is the time to regain its power back. As far as I know government intervention and contingency policy both working together within specific industry or you might think the necessary ones. If real estate you are talking about in the US then I must tell it's good and growing again.

J

JMBroad

Brazil defeats the recession:

Not even the proverbial optimism of the Brazilian President Lula Inácio da Silva was able to predict such a fast recovery from the world financial crisis. In the month of August alone, 242.126 new jobs were created. This is the best result in the past 17 years, according to the data of the Ministry of Labour.

Between January and August, still in the middle of the crisis, Brazil created 680.034 permanent work positions and with the growth of GDP by 1.9 % in the second quarter of 2009, Brazil ends the technical recession in which it had found itself during the last quarter of 2008 and first quarter of 2009. Inflation remains at 4.4% in September, lower than the central bank’s 2009 inflation target of 4.5%

Contrary to what was happening throughout the rest of the world, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) increased in Brazil in 2008 by 30.3% compared to 2007. The country jumped four places securing for itself 10th place in the world ranking, becoming the most international of the BRIC economies. In comparison, last year the global volume of FDI dropped by 14.2%, in developed economies it dropped by 29.2%, in developing economies it grew on average by 17.3% and in Latin American economies FDI grew by an average of 13.2%.

With regards to the BRIC economies, Russia has traditionally led the ratio between FDI and GDP however in 2008 while Russia received 12.7% of GDP in FDI, Brazil received a staggering 18.3% - India received 9.9% and China received 8.7%. Some even estimate that Brazil may reach the 4th Global position by 2011.

The recovery of the Brazilian economy has however made the lack of qualified labour more pronounced. Despite unemployment in the country, qualified labour is lacking in strategically important sectors such as Petrol and Gas, Civil Engineering and Agribusiness. Due to the demand for social housing generated by the “Minha Casa Minha Vida” plan, there is a greater lack of qualified labour in the construction sector at all levels. Because of the lack of supply of qualified labour, the value of qualified workers has increased significantly, raising the income of the construction workers. More and more workers are leaving low paid jobs to work in construction – where they can earn almost double the minimum national salary.

Last month in August, 45 thousand new jobs were created in the Civil Engineering sector alone, bringing the total new jobs created in the sector since December 2008 to 176 thousand, which means that not only have the 109 thousand jobs lost during the recession been recovered, but the highest employment records of last year have also already been surpassed.

During this Christmas period, shopping centres are set to recruit over 130 thousand extra employees, 30% more than the same period in 2008. The optimism of the shopkeepers is due to the improving credit conditions and the strong consumer confidence in the country. 26 new shopping centres will open by the Christmas period and at least 29 others have been through renovations which have expanded their capacity.

The recent Real Estate Fair, held in Sao Paulo, saw over R$ 300 mm granted in real estate financing over the four days which the show ran. Of the 100 thousand properties on offer at the real estate fair, over 48% were aimed at the “Minha Casa Minha Vida” segment. The demand for medium and high end properties also surprised many people – “Such a high demand for mortgages to purchase properties up to R$ 500 thousand was not expected” said the manager of “Nossa Caixa”. The bank gave out R$ 53 mm in loans.

Faced with this new panorama, Lula has confidently announced “While the whole world is suffering from unemployment, Brazil will reach the end of the year with over one million new jobs having been created”. Amongst these new jobs being created is the real estate market, as Lula’s plan is to create one million new social housing homes during 2010, the last year of his Presidential tenure.
The recovery of employment and the expansion of credit by the Bank of Brasil who has officially stated that Brazil is out of Recession, are not the only economic and financial indicators that the country has resumed economic stability. The Sao Paulo stock market is on a high and the Real is stronger than ever.

All of the above has lead to even the most critical of people to recognize that Brazil has miraculously not only managed to come out of the crisis unscathed but has also resumed growth faster than anyone could have predicted.

Sources:
BBC NEWS | Business | Brazil's economy leaves recession (BBC - 11.09.2009)
Brasil derrota a la crisis (El País – 18.09.2009)
O Estado de São Paulo newspaper, 18th September 2009, Page B16 – Business section
O Estado de São Paulo newspaper, 27th September 2009, Page B10 - Economy
O Estado de São Paulo newspaper, 28th September 2009, Page B6 – Economy
O Estado de São Paulo newspaper, 30th September 2009, Page B7 - Economy

A

allahwali

What you thing about pakistan. Where real estate is always profitable business. tell me about your perception about pakistani market.

Z

zorro

I'm in Australia and was thinking about investing in property in WA in the future. I'm not ready to do this now, but if anyone owns investment property somewhere in WA I'd love some feedback. I was thinking about contacting Ventura ID (they're local property developers from what I see) and seeing if they can provide me with some useful info, but would like to hear from others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.