Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

How much discount when paying cash?

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by Debora, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Debora

Debora New Member

Dear all,

I am currently looking at several new developments in Brazil and I am trying to find out how much discount I can get when paying cash upfront rather than using a payment plan from a developer.

What is your experience?

Thanks a lot for your help
    Debora

2. robh

robh Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi Debora,

In our experience some developers will give you a discount and others won't. The largest discount we have seen is 5%, anything more than that and I would start asking questions as it doesn't make sense for a well funded developer to offer a bigger discount than that.

Regards,
    Rob.

3. michaelbush

michaelbush New Member

If you pay cash you will not normally pay the inflation index for construction costs which at present is around 0.5% per month. Other than that it is unusual to get a further discount. Buying off plan you will be getting a discount anyway.

4. RalphJ

RalphJ New Member

Brazilian developers ALWAYS give a discount when paying "a vista". And in my 10 years of experience on the ground here I've seen it range from 5% all the way to 15%. There are many factors involved such as time of purchase in relation to when they actually begin sales. Many get discounts from 10-15% from well-known and reputable builders when they buy "pre release". Naturally one has to know people in the local community to know when these opportunities present themselves.

5. Debora

Debora New Member

Thanks a lot for all your replies. It seems there is probably no rule-of-thumb. I have seen discounts of up to 15% with average discounts for cash buyers probably in the 5-10% area. The 15% was actually in a development that was around 50% sold. Obviously I am trying to find out how much I can get away with...

Regards,
    Debora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.