How much discount when paying cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Debora

Dear all,

I am currently looking at several new developments in Brazil and I am trying to find out how much discount I can get when paying cash upfront rather than using a payment plan from a developer.

What is your experience?

Thanks a lot for your help
Debora

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Dear all,

I am currently looking at several new developments in Brazil and I am trying to find out how much discount I can get when paying cash upfront rather than using a payment plan from a developer.

What is your experience?

Debora
Hi Debora,

In our experience some developers will give you a discount and others won't. The largest discount we have seen is 5%, anything more than that and I would start asking questions as it doesn't make sense for a well funded developer to offer a bigger discount than that.

Regards,
Rob.

M

michaelbush

Dear all,

What is your experience?

Debora
If you pay cash you will not normally pay the inflation index for construction costs which at present is around 0.5% per month. Other than that it is unusual to get a further discount. Buying off plan you will be getting a discount anyway.

R

RalphJ

Brazilian developers ALWAYS give a discount when paying "a vista". And in my 10 years of experience on the ground here I've seen it range from 5% all the way to 15%. There are many factors involved such as time of purchase in relation to when they actually begin sales. Many get discounts from 10-15% from well-known and reputable builders when they buy "pre release". Naturally one has to know people in the local community to know when these opportunities present themselves.

D

Debora

Thanks a lot for all your replies. It seems there is probably no rule-of-thumb. I have seen discounts of up to 15% with average discounts for cash buyers probably in the 5-10% area. The 15% was actually in a development that was around 50% sold. Obviously I am trying to find out how much I can get away with...

Regards,
Debora

Status
Not open for further replies.