Furniture in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Master Thatcher

Furniture

Any interesting furniture shops opened recently? there's one just opened opposite the Marlin Hotel on the top floor of the small precinct. Anyone been?

Rob

H

harps

any info on furniture in or near to the oasis resort would be welcome we have a whole apartment to do, any info on sending a crate out from the uk would be welcome , cheers
julie

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi - is the Iraida furniture factory near the OAsis Resort? thanks

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Shipping from UK

Dear Julie
I think Iraida have a furniture factory , beside what kind of information you need to know, and what type of furniture you looking for and what is your budget?
Hi Julie

Shipping from UK can be an expensive business; every box must be numbered and contain an inventory in English and in Arabic. If you are shipping new items you could be in for a nasty shock as import duties can be very high. It would be worth checking with Zeiad. We are bringing just personal stuff from Spain but we have heard horror stories about the duty some people have been charged.

H

harps

hi we will need beds sofa , dining table chairs ect, not sure on budget any information would be good
many thanks
harps

L

lyndsay552

Have a look back through this thread, I had put some photos on from furniture shops in Hurghada.

Also have a look at the recent photos I took from our apartment in Regency Towers. The furniture pack was provided by Alison from PHW and they will do furniture for other developments. Everything is handmade.

Lyndsay

C

chris lister

hi - is the Iraida furniture factory near the OAsis Resort? thanks
Hi,

Iraida Furniture is on the inner ring road Sakala end, i have been and you need to call first to make sure the Manager is around to give prices etc.

The furniture in the showroom is very much the same as what comes in the Iraida furniture packs.

I have some contacts out here where i have sourced my furniture from and can furnish to my taste which i beleive is a more homely feel rather than square sofa's and cheaper then what Iraida are charging for their pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chris lister

any info on furniture in or near to the oasis resort would be welcome we have a whole apartment to do, any info on sending a crate out from the uk would be welcome , cheers
julie
There is a little shop opposite resort to the left that sells some nice furniture of varying taste's.

I have spoken to a couple of people who live out here and they have mentioned varying costs for sending a crate over from £5000 to £15000.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vix

I went for a more Egyptian style. The wooden chest was brought from a poor market in Cairo and restored. Curtains are found easily in Hurghada. Chairs were made in Hurghada for 40 pounds sterling each including cushions. They have Arabesque detail on the front. Chandelier from Glamour Gallery in Hurghada. Jug on copper table from a souk in Aswan. It was black and took me days to polish. And hours to haggle over the price. Paid 20 quid. No idea if I was ripped off or not!
I was wondering about your chairs. I'm looking 4 something similiar but a 2 seater. Can you remember where you had them made pls?

G

GM43

Banned
not much i think sofa bed around 600 GBP, dining table around 600 to 700 GBP
chairs depends on kind of chairs as i just was with friends buying :)

Regards
George
At Areeka Furniture (in Le Passage Mall) opposite Seagull Hotels, you will find sofa beds for LE 2500-2800, dining tables for around LE 4000, sofa's for LE 5000-7000.

That is cheaper than the prices you mentioned, George.

L

lovesquadsue

I have just returned from a week in Hurghada spent furnishing our apt on British Resort! It was VERY hard work but we got there in the end and its all done!
The hardest part was the waiting around for deliveries when you could be out buying the next thing on your list! I was gutted when we had to come home as we had literally just finished the place as we were leaving! Cant wait to get back over for a holiday now!
We found the furniture prices very reasonable with dining tables with chairs from around £200GBP, Complete bedroom sets with bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, drawers, mirror etc from £400GBP, Sofa/Chairs ranging from £200GBP upwards into the thousands!...... There is so much choice now in hurghada with furniture shops springing up on every corner!
The only thing I struggled to find was light fittings - there were loads of shops with loads of choice but it took me ages to find something that caught my eye! They ranged from around £15GBP upwards.... The cheapest price washing machine we found was around £170GBP, I got a nice cane patio/balcony set with glass top table and 4 chairs for around £160GBP.... The only things I found expensive over there were LCD TV's, Kettles & Toasters, Dinner service sets (paid £50GBP for a nice one that I suspect you would get over here for around £15GBP!).
So, I would say all in all that buying furniture over there is not a problem - reasonably priced and lots available - most will deliver within 48 hrs. Any electrical items that you can take over in your suitcases then pack them in! Also, another thing I noticed was expensive and not readily available are things like pot pouri, decorative bowls, twigs, pictures.... you know things like finishing touches that you would buy here so pack them in as well!
You can pre-book your excess luggage with Thomas Cook if you book your flights with them its £50 per 10KG one way. We paid for an extra 60KG which was ample - I took towels, bedding, 3 tvs, dvds, duvets, material, tea towels, kitchen utencils.... loads of room!
If you need any more info drop me a line!
Sue x

V

vix

I have just returned from a week in Hurghada spent furnishing our apt on British Resort! It was VERY hard work but we got there in the end and its all done!
The hardest part was the waiting around for deliveries when you could be out buying the next thing on your list! I was gutted when we had to come home as we had literally just finished the place as we were leaving! Cant wait to get back over for a holiday now!
We found the furniture prices very reasonable with dining tables with chairs from around £200GBP, Complete bedroom sets with bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, drawers, mirror etc from £400GBP, Sofa/Chairs ranging from £200GBP upwards into the thousands!...... There is so much choice now in hurghada with furniture shops springing up on every corner!
The only thing I struggled to find was light fittings - there were loads of shops with loads of choice but it took me ages to find something that caught my eye! They ranged from around £15GBP upwards.... The cheapest price washing machine we found was around £170GBP, I got a nice cane patio/balcony set with glass top table and 4 chairs for around £160GBP.... The only things I found expensive over there were LCD TV's, Kettles & Toasters, Dinner service sets (paid £50GBP for a nice one that I suspect you would get over here for around £15GBP!).
So, I would say all in all that buying furniture over there is not a problem - reasonably priced and lots available - most will deliver within 48 hrs. Any electrical items that you can take over in your suitcases then pack them in! Also, another thing I noticed was expensive and not readily available are things like pot pouri, decorative bowls, twigs, pictures.... you know things like finishing touches that you would buy here so pack them in as well!
You can pre-book your excess luggage with Thomas Cook if you book your flights with them its £50 per 10KG one way. We paid for an extra 60KG which was ample - I took towels, bedding, 3 tvs, dvds, duvets, material, tea towels, kitchen utencils.... loads of room!
If you need any more info drop me a line!
Sue x
You did really well in one week only. Did the TVs arrive ok ?

C

chris lister

You did really well in one week only. Did the TVs arrive ok ?
We brought a flatscreen tv in the original box inside a suitcase when we moved out on XL and it was fine, we also brought pot bathroom accessories etc, and all was fine.

Just mark the luggage fragile, or if your coming over as a diver with your free diving allowance, pack it in there, dive gear gets checked in seperate and has special handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.