Flights

W

wayne_harris

Hi

Are you saying that they are trying to reduce the capacity of the plane due to headwinds? Yet still returning with empty seats ? There must be some law against this !

In my experience of returning from Hurghada headwinds are a frequent problem causing increased flying times. This is Easyjets problem not the customers ! My flight details for March have a specific checkin close time on them . If I am at the desk before this time and find that the desk is closed , I will be suing the a*** of Easyjet.

Ironically ,in the past we have turned up early and security would not let us through until 2 hours before the flight . We can't win !!

So much for cheap flights ?
Hi Crombiestone
Yes that is what I am saying, I don't know if this happens from Gatwick, but yes it does from Hurghada and the flight we were on had empty seats. I don't know if people were turned away on the flight we were on, as once we have gone through baggage check we wouldn't know and we got there very early, but there were people stranded at Hurghada on prievious flights. We were not allowed to sit on some empty seats that were right in the middle of the plane and the stewardess said they have to balance out the plane, so same amount of people at each end. I think its terrible and I will be emailing them, because they shouldn't sell seats if you cannot board. The guy we knew it had happened to, said people were there argueing their case, but all easyjet said was sorry but its because of the headwinds and you will have to get the next available flight out. They put it down to beyond their control. So where does that leave people to get home to UK!!

Dawn

S

scottmcmillan100

Hi Crombiestone
Yes that is what I am saying, I don't know if this happens from Gatwick, but yes it does from Hurghada and the flight we were on had empty seats. I don't know if people were turned away on the flight we were on, as once we have gone through baggage check we wouldn't know and we got there very early, but there were people stranded at Hurghada on prievious flights. We were not allowed to sit on some empty seats that were right in the middle of the plane and the stewardess said they have to balance out the plane, so same amount of people at each end. I think its terrible and I will be emailing them, because they shouldn't sell seats if you cannot board. The guy we knew it had happened to, said people were there argueing their case, but all easyjet said was sorry but its because of the headwinds and you will have to get the next available flight out. They put it down to beyond their control. So where does that leave people to get home to UK!!

Dawn
Hi just to clarify, all airlines balance their passengers when the aircraft is not full - not due to headwinds - you just wouldnt normally notice this due to this occuring at checkin when the seats are allocated. as easyjet is has a free-seating policy, they have to restrict certain rows - either middle or front - depending on cargo load. Also, easyjet would not have closed checkin early unless all the booked passengers were there. If people are flying with easyjet, my advice is to get there with plenty of time to spare, as they are VERY strict on closing on time.

L

lyndsay552

A friend of mine was not allowed to check-in on the Easyjet Hurghada to Gatwick flight. It was more than 30mins before the scheduled closing time for check-in. He and 6 other people where not allowed to check in because the flight was over weight. They where told they could change their flight to the following friday. I have heard that this also happened the following Friday

L

Leila

Hi Crombiestone

Dawn
This all sounds very scary! how can they leave people behind if seats have been booked and are are available? if the plane is overweight, where is the control on the luggage? maybe I will have to go on a diet...that will be the next thing! overweight passengers! I can just imagine having to call work to try to explain why I am staying in Egypt for another week!! :D in this situation can they not fly people over to Sharm to catch a flight? they go from there several times a week.

J

jeremy bright

This all sounds very scary! how can they leave people behind if seats have been booked and are are available? if the plane is overweight, where is the control on the luggage? maybe I will have to go on a diet...that will be the next thing! overweight passengers! I can just imagine having to call work to try to explain why I am staying in Egypt for another week!! :D in this situation can they not fly people over to Sharm to catch a flight? they go from there several times a week.
Yes they will be pulling out the chunky people out of the queue next

crombiestone

crombiestone

A friend of mine was not allowed to check-in on the Easyjet Hurghada to Gatwick flight. It was more than 30mins before the scheduled closing time for check-in. He and 6 other people where not allowed to check in because the flight was over weight. They where told they could change their flight to the following friday. I have heard that this also happened the following Friday
Crikey, thats a bit cheeky . Did your friend have any protection from his insurance ? As I see it he kept his side of the contract and arrived before the check in closure time on his ticket . It would be bad enough if the next flight was a day later but a week! Not to mention having to fork out for hotels and a weeks lost earnings !

D

dave99

Speedy boarding Easjet - Hurghada

Worked for us on the Gatwick end - no idea about return yet.
2 lots of extra leg room seats - near the front - and around row 22 I think
Hi Janice

It worked for us on the way back too. Managed to get 2 extra leg room seats again.

The Speedy boarders are allow through first at the gate in Hurghada and go out on a different bus, to the plane - you then have to "dash" if there are lots of other speedy boarders - on our flight there were about 20 people - with out 10 or 12 extra leg room seats to go for.

The movie was also good.

One down side if in the centre of the plane - you get served with food last and the choice may be restricted.
Even with a 2/3 rds full plane they obviously have no idea how to estimate what meals will be needed.

T

thompsonsom

hi nigel

interesting to know it went o.k for you, how long before hand did you arrive at the airport as its a bit worrying with the gates closing early

janice

D

dave99

Easyjet

hi nigel

interesting to know it went o.k for you, how long before hand did you arrive at the airport as its a bit worrying with the gates closing early

janice

Janice

Gatwick was abig problem - EASYJET were hopeless the day we came out - leave lots of extra time to get to the check-in.

At Hurghada sam ething allow lots of extra time to get through security before you get to the check in.

W

wayne_harris

Hi All
Just to let you know, I did email easyjet about our concerns and they apologised but said some things are beyond their control. So thats about it. I did ask if they could guarantee that we would be able to board the flights that we have booked in advance, they said as far as they know there isn't any air strikes and that we should just keep a check on the flights beforehand, so it didn't answer my question really. Most flights/holidays have a small print that says something about, unless it's beyond their control.

Dawn

S

Steveand Christine

We are flying to Hurghada on Monday with Easyjet. Check-in opens at 7.15 what time should we be arriving at Gatwick?

Regards
Steve & Christine

D

distant dreamer

Regarding return flights from Hurghada with Easyjet, I've just noticed that the flights I've recently booked for April have some additional information on about revised check in times at Hurghada. They say check in opens 3 hours prior to flight and closes 1 hour prior to flight. It does not mention this on our February tickets. Also everyone, I know Easyjet is a ticketless airline, but you must print a copy of your confirmation to be allowed into Hurghada airport so don't forget!

L

Leila

Regarding return flights from Hurghada with Easyjet, I've just noticed that the flights I've recently booked for April have some additional information on about revised check in times at Hurghada. They say check in opens 3 hours prior to flight and closes 1 hour prior to flight. It does not mention this on our February tickets. Also everyone, I know Easyjet is a ticketless airline, but you must print a copy of your confirmation to be allowed into Hurghada airport so don't forget!
Check in was 3 hours at Sharm when I travelled home in August. However they wouldn't let me through security until the 3 hours before, just depends sometimes on the whim of the guards!! or maybe the odd bit of backshish!!

L

Leila

Check in was 3 hours at Sharm when I travelled home with Easyjet in August. However they wouldn't let me through security until the 3 hours before, just depends sometimes on the whim of the guards!! or maybe the odd bit of backshish!!
The speedy boarding did work though.

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi everyone and a merry xmas to everyone on here. I have been keeping an eye on these postings and went and checked my easyjet tickets again. we are travelling in february and in July/august - and both of them state 2 hours check in.
Hi distant dreamer - whereabouts on the tickets did you read the 3 hours check in? thanks in advance for any further info.
we haven't booked the speedy boarding yet - but we are considering it - although there are different prices? speedy boarding PLUS ?????

T

thompsonsom

hi

speedy boarding plus includes your 20kg hold luggage if you want to take more than just hand luggage

janice

T

thompsonsom

hi everyone and a merry xmas to everyone on here. I have been keeping an eye on these postings and went and checked my easyjet tickets again. we are travelling in february and in July/august - and both of them state 2 hours check in.
Hi distant dreamer - whereabouts on the tickets did you read the 3 hours check in? thanks in advance for any further info.
we haven't booked the speedy boarding yet - but we are considering it - although there are different prices? speedy boarding PLUS ?????
this is what is printed on our booking confirmation from Gatwick Airport:

Hurghada

Please note that all passengers must be able to present a printed flight booking confirmation to be accepted into the terminal building and the check-in area as a result of local security regulations. Passengers who are not able to show a print-out of a valid flight booking will not be allowed to enter the terminal building.

Important information for passengers

Please note revised opening and closing times for check-in at this airport:

Check-in opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight and closes 1 hour before.

janice

J

johnwayne

Banned
ahhhhhhhhhhh - have just found this at the bottom of the page! I was only reading the first bit about timings - thanks Janice!

J

jeremy bright

Also don’t forget that when visiting hurghada if you go out to get a taxi they will not let you back in to the terminal it happened to me was told a price inside but it changed when outside so wanted to get back in but was stopped from entering