Flights

S

Steveand Christine

Just booked for July/August to Hurghada £325 each.

Steve and Christine

Georgina

Georgina

I booked a week back in the UK in September for GBP137 :) Think I will pack the sun in my suitcase ;) Now trying to see if a friend from my old dive club wants to do a home swop.

T

thompsonsom

is it worth booking speedy boarding

Hi all

I have read such bad reports on the speedy boarding with easyjet so am wondering if it is worth booking.

Anyone have experience on to book or not to book

Janice

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Janice - 1st time we flew to Sharm with them was last June and it was a bit of a nightmare with everyone pushing and shoving. We didnt book speedy board but as soon as they called them to board it was one massive stampede!! In Oct again we didnt book and I was very very lucky to get an extra leg room seat. There was a chap sitting on his own and the seat next to him was empty so you know the saying if you dont ask. Well I did and couldnt believe it when he said no one was sitting there and he couldnt believe no one before me had asked him. Obviously others were families and didnt want to be seperated - mine are old enough and ulgy enough to see to them selves whilst I relaxed in comfort lol. The plane at the point I boared was 2/3rds full already!!

D

dave99

Easyjet - boarding

Hi all

I have read such bad reports on the speedy boarding with easyjet so am wondering if it is worth booking.

Janice
Hi Janice

We've booked speedy boarding so I'll let you know how it works out when we've tried.

T

thompsonsom

Nigel

Check out where exactly the extra leg room seats are so we can make a mad dash for them 1st. Sounds an horrendous experience whichever way you go about it but as the prices are so cheap compared to other airlines suppose it will be worth it.

Janice

D

dave99

Carry on luggage

Nigel

Check out where exactly the extra leg room seats are so we can make a mad dash for them 1st. Sounds an horrendous experience whichever way you go about it but as the prices are so cheap compared to other airlines suppose it will be worth it.

Janice
Janice

Did you notice that the hand luggage is only size retsricted, not weight - if you buy a sort of small soft case from IKEA with wheels, it is the perfect size and allows you to pack in lots of heavy bits (but tricky to get in the over head rack) - worth a try maybe, but not if your runnng down the plane for the best seats !!!!s

We've got a double bed in ours (from Costco for under £30).

Weather still seems good in Hurghada this week.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi check if the plane is a A320 or 321 which we have had both times. They are the ex GB airways ones with more extra leg room seats and the in flight entertainment still working.
On A320 emergency seats are 1C and D, 12 and 13 A,B,C,D,E and F, 30C and D. Seat pitch is 29 but 35 on emergency exit seats

L

Leila

Hi all

Janice
I would say definitely yes to easy boarding. Worked well both ways to and from Sharm but then all I really wanted was an isle seat! however, got the best seat ever on the way back as plenty of leg room...by the window but could just walk out of it for the loo as it was by the emergency door, so had the best of both worlds. However I couldn't believe my eyes when people actually RAN from the bus to the plane to get good seats...and the pushing and shoving from the non speedies was unpleasant. :mad: For a few extra pennies...

A

anokayperson

Banned
hi there - I have to say some of the posts have made me crease up with laughter - stampedes etc. On a more serious note, are the seats 3 across or 4? thanks for the chuckle!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi the ones we have been on they are 3 across.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Is it a Record?

Well maybe not but it seems like a damned good deal. Just booked 3 adult flights from Gatwick to Hurghada with Thomas Cook for 2nd January, returning 6th February for 531 GBP.

D

dave99

Speedy Boarding - Easyjet

Nigel

Janice
Worked for us on the Gatwick end - no idea about return yet.
2 lots of extra leg room seats - near the front - and around row 22 I think

W

wellheld

Just a note to all easy jet users, some passengers have been left stranded in Hurghada due to the check in closing early, very very early. Make sure you get there in PLENTY of time as actually getting thru security to check in can take an hour.

Georgina

Georgina

Just a note to all easy jet users, some passengers have been left stranded in Hurghada due to the check in closing early, very very early. Make sure you get there in PLENTY of time as actually getting thru security to check in can take an hour.
I dropped a friend off yesterday 3 hours before take off and she got through OK. Heard that others that arrived more than 2 hours before didn't get on the plane because of the chaos at security and the desk closing early!

W

wayne_harris

Hi All
Just to let you know its all true about easyjet, they close the check in early, because once they have enough passengers, they won't take anymore, even though you have paid for the flights. They say it's because of the headwinds. They also say, you can pay £35 more and get the next flight out, which is the folowing week!! It's very wrong!!

Dawn

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi all and thanks for the info on the check ins! does anyone know if it is the same at gatwick - we were going to allow the normal 2 hours check in time - thanks for any more info please from gatwick.

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hi All
Just to let you know its all true about easyjet, they close the check in early, because once they have enough passengers, they won't take anymore, even though you have paid for the flights. They say it's because of the headwinds. They also say, you can pay £35 more and get the next flight out, which is the folowing week!! It's very wrong!!

Dawn
Hi

Are you saying that they are trying to reduce the capacity of the plane due to headwinds? Yet still returning with empty seats ? There must be some law against this !

In my experience of returning from Hurghada headwinds are a frequent problem causing increased flying times. This is Easyjets problem not the customers ! My flight details for March have a specific checkin close time on them . If I am at the desk before this time and find that the desk is closed , I will be suing the a*** of Easyjet.

Ironically ,in the past we have turned up early and security would not let us through until 2 hours before the flight . We can't win !!

So much for cheap flights ?

Last edited: