Flights

A

awahee123

Banned
Come on then all you people who have got a flight in April lets compare your prices and where you bought them from...

R

RED-SEA-VIEW

Hi ! Yes you are right this is another route you can use to Hurghada,i havan't used it but my friend has as we both have villas in Hurghada. There is two ferries a day one in the morning which takes about 6 hours and the other one is at around 5.30pm and only takes under 2 hours , so even if you have to stay one night in Sharm it sometimes works out much cheaper . There are different charges for nationals and Non-nationals
You can find out all the info and timetable/charges on the internet just type in ferries from Sharm-El-Sheik and there is a lot of info!!! Hope this helps Kjb...

N

nuttybird

We bought our tickets in December/07 for April 08 with xl.com cost £153 return.(from Gatwick) Was well chuffed, as all other dates were double that price,so out came the card,and booked it straight away! (just meant that my son couldn"t come as he"ll be at school)
Just had a look at the prices for the next school holidays,and it will cost my family about £1500 just for a week in our own appartment.....thats a terrible price

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Guys Thomson had some ok prices on their web last night for 18 and 25th April 08.
Have a look if you are interested,they may still be there.

L

lyndsay552

I take it you mean from manchester as the flights from Gatwick seems quite expensive. Thompson fly are cheaper for flights out of gatwick.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
XL coming in at £578 for two flying out from manchester, on the 18th-25th april.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Lyndsay,

When I looked the prices on offer were from Gatwick,check it out and see if they are still there.Hope this helps.(It did tempt me Lol).

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I booked mine with XL last november and it cost £488 for the two of us, this week it is up at £578 for the same flight. So like we all say if you see a bargin grab it the day after it goes up.

Flights in school holidays are stupid money, so even with paying the school for taking the kids out it is alot cheaper going in school time.

I was thinking of going for christmas last year but the flights for 4 of us 2 being children would have been £2000. So we went in the november and that cost was about £900 for 2 adults and 2 children then we added 3 more and that was £600.

A

awahee123

Banned
I haven't booked yet but I'm sure I will be there in April sometime,just waiting to hear if mine will be ready beginning of April.I will be able to wave you guys off lol as I'm staying for a month,can't wait.

A

ACP

Hello.

What about long stays in Hurghada. When, for example, I decide
to buy a one-way flight in March and a one-way flight in May?
Is it possible to organize such a long visit for less than 200 pounds?

Thank you for any help in this matter.

A

ACP

another question

And is it possible to reserve a one-way ticket
from Hurghada to Manchester some 3-5 months
before the flight for less than 120 pounds?
Where could I do this?

What about long stays in Hurghada? What options
does a person like me has if I would like to buy
a ticket from the UK to Hurghada and another
ticket from Hurghada to the UK, but several
months LATER? I always see 1-week or 2-week
periods!

A

ACP

That's me again. Sorry for so many posts.

Now I have one specific flight I would like to buy.

(approx. 4 June)
FROM Manchester (or somewhere close to MAN)
TO Egypt (Sharm/Hurghada/Luxor/Cairo)

(approx. 20 August)
FROM Egypt (Sharm/Hurghada/Luxor/Cairo)
TO Manchester (or somewhere close to MAN)

To and fro for less than 200 pounds. Possible?

Do you know ANY interesting flights that
fit my requirements? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Last edited:
A

awahee123

Banned
I think you are right,however if you are prepared to buy early and have set dates then there are bargains to be had.We really do need a budget carrier to offer some cheaper prices,others then may follow.

A

ACP

British prices are just a tragedy.
Do you think it is possible to buy a one-way ticket
from Egypt to the UK for less than 120 pounds?
Thank you in advance.

queenie40something

queenie40something

British prices are just a tragedy.
Do you think it is possible to buy a one-way ticket
from Egypt to the UK for less than 120 pounds?
Thank you in advance.
Hi ACP - yes it is possible with Easyjet - they have a flight from Sharm to Gatwick for 139 euros which is about £105 on 3rd ,10th ,17th, 24th June , 16th Sept
easyJet.com - book cheap flights, hotels and car hire online

9th , 23rd Sept for 176 euros about £133

30th Sept for 87 Euros around a silly £66 7th Oct 73 euros £55

easyJet.com - book cheap flights, hotels and car hire online

4th, 11th, 14th, 21st Oct 102 euros £77

Various dates in April and May for 176 euros easyJet.com - book cheap flights, hotels and car hire online

27th May 139 euros £105

So yes there are plenty out there but be warned if you see a good price then book it straight away as the prices tend to rise quickly.

Hope this helps

Alison

J

J4hurghada

Banned
To all the people that fly from manchester,
GOOD NEWS
Thomas cook are flying out on the tuesdays now and are a bit cheaper than the normal friday flights.
Which is better for the handover process as friday is Egypt's Sunday and alot of soliciator offices are closed on the Friday.
Also you can do a flight from tuesday-friday short visits too.
I KNOW LONDON AIRPORTS HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A BIT BUT NOT MANCHESTER.

Hope this helps anyone

Jayne