exchange rate help

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gypsyuma

$/AED Exchange Rate

Finally $/aed official rate is 3.6710 /40 bid/offer spread , i.e. interbank rate , and for a huge amount you should not go to the branch counter to get a rate , NO u should ask the clerk in the bank to call the treasury in the bank and get a proper rate like 1.6710 with minimal bid/offer spread OF 5 PIPS , which u are entitled to that is if ur amount is about .5 mio and higer .
Yes, I needed the exact exhange rate because it is for a large amount.
Thank you for your kind response, unlike the last Bozo.

And if that rude, racist Bozo is tuning in, a "typical" American would not be even asking this question, because the "typical" American has never even left North America!

B

Brendan R

damn, 1GBP = 5.12 dirhams, anybody hedging against GBP weakness?

P

PropGuy

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Bank-worries-sink-British-pound/story.aspx?guid={62126031-BCFE-430F-BA35-17C2AF894098}

"The outlook for the pound was put under close scrutiny yesterday and waning confidence overseas that a $1.6 trillion economy can continue to bail out banks and ramp up public borrowing have squeezed sterling lower overnight in Asia," wrote strategists at Lloyds TSB.

Remarks by Jim Rogers, chairman of Rogers Holdings, in an interview with Bloomberg Television, contributed to negative sentiment Tuesday, analysts said.
Rogers said he would urge investors to get rid of sterling assets.
"It's finished. I hate to say it, but I would not put any money in the U.K.," Rogers was quoted as saying.
Crap... this is bad.

W

Wannaberich

Crap... this is bad.
Not for UK investors like me trying to sell property in Dubai.
At least it gives me the scope to reduce the selling prices should I need to.
It does give you a big headache though,reduce the price now and take advantage of the currency rate,or
hang on a while longer with a higher price and hope the pound doesnt strenghten.

P

PropGuy

Not for UK investors like me trying to sell property in Dubai.
At least it gives me the scope to reduce the selling prices should I need to.
It does give you a big headache though,reduce the price now and take advantage of the currency rate,or
hang on a while longer with a higher price and hope the pound doesnt strenghten.
yea it is good for UK investor if he/she has full payment in dhs and property with a reliable developer or renting out here.

W

Wannaberich

Looks like dirham could drop under 5 against the pound today.

G

georgihh

The pound and the euro are going down, but I am afraid they can devaluate the dirham if the $ keep on getting stronger

P

PropGuy

The pound and the euro are going down, but I am afraid they can devaluate the dirham if the $ keep on getting stronger
how many times I've to mention when $ gets stronger dirham gets stronger too.

W

Wannaberich

£1 = 4.98aed !

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PropGuy

people from UK who have 40% or above installments must be in serious trouble now.

W

Wannaberich

There are still buyers so long as the price is right.

T

tooquick

hi

Anyone seeking to second guess forex or stock markets is asking for trouble, The best thing you can do is to use a qualified and experienced trader to guide you as to the best time to make a move.
Speak to Mike Paterson of mspfx. 01732 700383.

W

Wannaberich

I haven't managed to find any, despite being way below what others are selling for! Do let us know how you get on.
No panic.Looks like sterling will be weak for some time yet(hopefully).
Maybe if banks start lending in the next couple of months then buyers will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.