exchange rate help

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PropGuy

PropGuy where do you see the dollar/pound in the next few months?
Taking into account UK interest rates will prob come down to at least 2.5%,plus the US economy will/should recover much earlier than the UKs.
Also,do you think after the US election next week,the dollar will be affected in a positive way?
Price of oil is down again, Euro and Pound likely to come down too. It is very difficult to predict where the dollar/pound rate would be in few months, yesterday .5% cut in interest rate by US Fed caused a very sharp fall in the value of US $, which is unprecedented, so makes it very difficult to do technical analysis with the historical data. But if there is no negative news in the US and global economy, US$ is supposed to slide against Euro and Pound.

W

Wannaberich

Price of oil is down again, Euro and Pound likely to come down too. It is very difficult to predict where the dollar/pound rate would be in few months, yesterday .5% cut in interest rate by US Fed caused a very sharp fall in the value of US $, which is unprecedented, so makes it very difficult to do technical analysis with the historical data. But if there is no negative news in the US and global economy, US$ is supposed to slide against Euro and Pound.
What are the conditions that would make the dollar stronger against the pound?

P

PropGuy

What are the conditions that would make the dollar stronger against the pound?
- price of oil falling further.
- US and global recession fears as investors buy US t-bills for save investment which increases the demand for US$.
- interest rate changes and local economy, but end of the day price of oil and value of US $ dictate.

P

PropGuy

tomorrow is test day, since tomorrow is end of trading week, usually short term traders dump. If stock market close in positive territory then it is a good sign. Dow had 900 pts jump yesterday and market is holding that so far.

P

PropGuy

at this point market is looking weak, chances are it will fall again.

P

PropGuy

Markets ended postive that is a good sign. I hope no more bad news comes out about global economy from this time forward.

P

PropGuy

US$ is going up again, feels like it is running on steroids :S

P

PropGuy

US$ broke the resistance, most likely Euro and Pound breaking their support 2mro

G

georgihh

US$ broke the resistance, most likely Euro and Pound breaking their support 2mro
Don’t worry so much is not going to be much more changes from now on +, - 7%
The exchange rates are stabilizing.
The $ was undervalued and now is where is suppose to be

P

PropGuy

Don’t worry so much is not going to be much more changes from now on +, - 7%
The exchange rates are stabilizing.
The $ was undervalued and now is where is suppose to be
I think some people are manipulating the market, making risky investment look afe. They did the same thing with oil, market price for oil was at least 30% higher than actual demand. Now they are pushing people to invest in dollar. When they will think time is right they will crash US dollar.

read globeandmail.com: Market Blog - Bubble watch: The U.S. dollar

G

georgihh

interest rate is not the only reason, people think US govt. is less likely to default so they are investing in T-Bills with guaranteed return on investment. All this T-Bill and US govt bond buying has increased the value of US$ too.
The $, Euro goes up and down because the speculators make money.
But there is a level where the currencies are in balance.
At the moment the level is 1.20-1.30 and always been during the years.
Anything below or above is short-term.
Tough - Some people think the level should be 1$=1Euro.
If more negatives comes from Europe I will not be surprised if I buy 1 Euro for 1$ in the next one year.
Don’t expect the $ to go above 1.35 in the near future.
It’s more likely to go bellow 1.20 and go back to 1.25 in the next months.

P

PropGuy

The $, Euro goes up and down because the speculators make money.
But there is a level where the currencies are in balance.
At the moment the level is 1.20-1.30 and always been during the years.
Anything below or above is short-term.
Tough - Some people think the level should be 1$=1Euro.
If more negatives comes from Europe I will not be surprised if I buy 1 Euro for 1$ in the next one year.
Don’t expect the $ to go above 1.35 in the near future.
It’s more likely to go bellow 1.20 and go back to 1.25 in the next months.
I hope so, but I fear market manipulation is going on and US $ investment is what market manipulators need. It has all the ingredients in place.

Conventional wisdom tells us that the safest investments are CDs and T-Bills from the United States Government. People scream about the risks associated with the stock market and other investment vehicles and how you should play it safe and hold T-Bills and CDs. This may no longer be the case. The United States currency, like many other currencies, is a fiat currency. The US dollar is nothing more than a peice of paper - and unknown to many people, it is not backed by gold. This is perhaps the root of the problem that is starting to occur.

For the last several years the United States government has been running massive deficits. As a result of the deficits, the United States has had to print massive sums of money. The US is printing so much money that it stopped publishing the M3 index which tells the world how many dollars are in circulation. It probably stopped publishing this report because the true number would shock the world and possibly collapse the US dollar.

Safe Investments Like CDs & T-Bills Are No Longer Safe Investing & Finance on Nabloid.com
Imo, US $ might crash in between 8 to 14 months.

P

PropGuy

well seems like Euro and Pound are rising against US$, and loans should get easier to obtain too. Liquidity in the market is returning.

S

showbiz

Do you think the pounnd will get stronger because i am due a payment now, cannot afford to pay the extra because of pound getting weak.

P

PropGuy

Trend is positive so according to charts pound is expected to get stronger. Bank of England rate cut might change short term trend.

Here is my chart, red lines are trendlines of the value and RSI for Pound. You can see they are postive (up trend).

T

talk

UK rates slashed by 1.5% to 3%.Not much difference to currencies so far.
Rates could even go down to 1.5% !!!

Shock as interest rates slashed by 1.5% | Mortgages | Money | Orange UK

Had a call from my currency exchange company.They think it will be 5.5aed/£1 in 6 months.

£1=5.79aed at the moment and going down.

Not to many banks passing on interest rate cuts,perhaps some will drop a little but not all.I though the money they where given from BOE forced them all to offer better deals.

A

ALIYA

Exchange rate

If you are looking for a good exchange rate try rationalfx.com as they also fix rates for future conversions. Mention that you got their name from Citycard as they will give preferential rates for recommended clients. You can call them on 020 7220 8181 and speak to Hitesh who is very good. I got a good deal and also they will give you the best option for you. They deal with all types of exchange rates, even Eygptian pounds which come under the exotic category. They do not charge commission which is what I was paying when I previously made payment through my bank. So to keep your instalments up, cut out any extra costs such as the commission and save your pennies. As we do not know how bad things will get.

If do not like the rate, just do not proceed. It is simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.