Elite in sports city

P

PropGuy

What happened to the Elite group? Now Triplanet is threating to forfeit the 40% I paid in Elite 7. I told them give me credit note, other developers are doing this. Other person will get discount, it saves them giving discount as they are not giving any discount, and I'll recover some cash. But they don't listen.

S

Stephendxb

I would advise anyone concerned about their investment to go to the RERA website and review the laws...they are not always in favour of the developer. Revisions are also being made to protect the investor...when these come into effect remains to be seen.
That said, it is best to negociate on equal terms, something which is easier for some than others.
A developer cannot just forfeit an amount as the land department would have to been informed first and a notice period given.

H

haroon

eliite 5,6 and 7

For all elite 5 and elite 6 investors,

Hi, I have units in elites 5, 6 and 7....i speak to Mr. Faraz on a weekly basis and last week he informed me the elite 5 and 6 units will be ready october 2011!! However in our contracts, it states that the buyer is allowed a full refund once the project is delayed sfter march 2011. Can any one please shed any light on this. also, what is happening to those investors who bought in elite 7?? are we entitled to a refund as it is a dead project?

S

Stephendxb

Haroon,

My own calculations also indicate a completion of Elite 6 in Qtr 4 of 2011. In regard to contracts as you know many are not worth the paper they are written on. Personnaly I expect new laws to be introduced that will apply penalties to developers that deliver late, however don't expect a windfall. Even if you have penalty clause in your contract I doubt many would be successful in a payment. But the sooner laws come in that protect the investor the better...

H

haroon

Thanks for your reply....indeed i was hoping if you or anyone else for that matter could give me some advice.

In 2008 i bought in elite 5, 6 and 7 through an agent called casa dubai. foolishly ( i know) we paid money to the agent whom then went on to become bankrupt in the UK. Triplanet ofcourse claimed that the money had not reached the escrow account. however, my legal advisor showed that Faisal had admitted that Triplanet had received money albeit in the form of cheques which they had kept in a suspense account. after months and almost 2 years of negotiations ringing them twice a week they ahve sent a 'waiver certifictae' stating that the money paid to Casa will be adjusted againt the last instalment of the units. Just wondering if this is worth not even the paper it is written on and will they then cancel the units if we refuse to pay the shortfall once the market has improved??

S

Stephendxb

Haroon,

Being issued the waiver certificate is at least a step in the right direction. Remember a developer cannot just cancel unit(s) they would first have to pass through the land department. I believe the issue for most people remains one of payment. Even the revised construction based payments plans, assist some, but certainly not all investors. What is really needed if for Triplanet and many other developers to tie up with banks and offer finance. As we all know this is far easier said than done. But for the market to recover, the banks need to be more flexible and the developers need to listen and help their investors...some are, but many aren't. It becomes an impasse...and it that scenario no one benefits.

PS Good luck with you investment.

H

haroon

stephen,

i think you are absolutely correct in relation to the finacing or lack of credit in the UAE market. One thing I find difficut to comprehend is why the UAE government does not pump in cash into the banking system improving liquidity and hence moving the dubai property fiasco into the right direction...Also the lack of infrastructure and education(universities) are all essential factors that would want communities to settle in dubai....i think the dubai government need to look at revising the laws on visas and extend them to atleast 3 years to property owners for foeign investors to re-consider dubai as a serious global real estate hotspot....the frustrating thing is that this can all be done by the government!!

P

PropGuy

I agree with the above.

As for Elite7 I think we need to go as a group and work something out. I'm willing to sell my credit, it help some other person with discount, Triplanet would get some cash too, and I'll get some of my cash without waiting an year.

P

PropGuy

hi how do you get a credit i have elite1 and 4
I didn't get the credit but I'm trying to convenience them about the credit transfer (credit note),since it has worked for many developers and investors. It depends on the developer, if they can, then they should be able to transfer the credit into a unit in another project. Some developer quickly transfered the credit when the laws were coming out, because they didn't wanted to get stuck in a project either. But now time has passed I don't know if it is legally possible. If developer hasn't registered the unit than I think they can, but they also run the risk of losing the case in court. So most developer have registered their units with RERA.

F

fairplay

Hi,

I was in Sports City on 29-03-2011 and took pictures of all 7 Elite developments. If you want me to send you photos, post your email address to me and I will send them on. But just an update: Elite 1 - they are putting in glass sliding doors, painting it. Elite 2 - still building the structure and seem to be doing the roof now. Elite 3 - about the 8 storeys up including the car park floors. Elite 4 - about the same as Elite 3. Elite 5 - hardly started; just started the 1st floor. Elite 6 - about the same as Elite 3 & 4. Elite 7 - just a hole in the ground. I went out there two days in a row to take photos, and there appears to be only one building crew for all 7 buildings. On the first day Elite 2 (where I'm invested) had workers on it, but the next day there was nothing going on.

On Elite 2, they have changed the apartment layout on the Emirates road side. And they have also made some of the balconies smaller than the official catalogue (on the canal side). There also seems to be no road in front of the building (canal side) as previous shown on the Sports city diagrams; and there is another building a few feet away. Not good.

I do not know if Triplanet will complete any of them or if they are just creaming off as much money as they can and then walk away. With Elite 2 they can have 90% of your money for only 30% cost completion. I do not trust them one bit.

Fairplay

F

fairplay

Triplanet Elite Development Fiasco

I have invested in Elite 2 and paid just over 60%. Triplanet are insisting on more money as the Approved payment plan approved by RERA is very much in Triplanet's favour.

I have spoken to Engineers and Architect and Project Manager friends who all say the same. The building constructed up to full height only makes up approx 30% of the total cost. The other 70% for the glass cladding, and finished completely internally makes up the rest.

As I see it, Triplanet have completed 12 floors which makes up 80% of the total height of the building including basement. This times by 30% makes their total cost outlay so far as being approx 24%. Why is it that RERA having given them the right to ask for 90% of our money when they have reached this level.

RERA are therefore breaking the Lands Department own laws which states that payment should be in sync with construction achieved.

Triplanet are in breach of Contract in not handing over the building in the date stated (Dec 2009); and have not informed me of the right to extend the project by another 9 months (Sept 2010) which they were obligated by Contract to do. The RERA approved payment/construction schedule is therefore nulll and void as it only would be void if Triplanet had adhered to their own Contractural obligations. As they have not done so, the RERA payment schedule is irrelevant.

So far Triplanet have not been willing to meet with me or discuss any compromise.

I don't know what the next course of action is for me. On the one side, I wouldn't mind getting a full refund of monies paid or even 75% (if it was cancelled) as the market value is probably closer to 60% (if it were completed).

But what worries me is that Triplanet would have it cancelled, sell it very cheaply to someone else and still not pay me the money they owe me.

There doesn't appear to be information in black and white to say how RERA would audit or control the sale of the unit or control the money received by Triplanet in order for me to be paid back. There is no Trust Account as far as I know and Triplanet still controls the sale of the property to someone else.

To take Triplanet to court would be very costly (in excess of 100k) and there is a likelihood that one would not win as Triplanet is building.

Triplanet are not acting like a responsible and concerned Developer who cares about the investor; but as a Developer who is wishing to cream as much money out of the investor regardless of their own shortcomings. If they can take back a contract and have possession of it to sell to someone else, I think they will. They have zero goodwill in my eyes.

One also has to ask, that if they had 90% of your money for approx 25% cost outlay, would they complete the rest at 75% with only 10% money left to collect. This is only my view and opinion and I am not suggesting that Triplanet would do this only that they have shown no goodwill or fair play so far.

So far Triplanet have not acted fairly or in good faith and I don't think there is much chance they will do so now. If they did, they would not be asking for more money and would not be trying to cancel peoples contracts.

One also has to ask is why has RERA bent over backwards to side with a Developer so blantantly as this and not adhered to the Lands Department's Law.

I wish I had never invested.

Fairplay

N

nd1967

I have invested in Elite 2 and paid just over 60%. Triplanet are insisting on more money as the Approved payment plan approved by RERA is very much in Triplanet's favour.

I have spoken to Engineers and Architect and Project Manager friends who all say the same. The building constructed up to full height only makes up approx 30% of the total cost. The other 70% for the glass cladding, and finished completely internally makes up the rest.

As I see it, Triplanet have completed 12 floors which makes up 80% of the total height of the building including basement. This times by 30% makes their total cost outlay so far as being approx 24%. Why is it that RERA having given them the right to ask for 90% of our money when they have reached this level.

RERA are therefore breaking the Lands Department own laws which states that payment should be in sync with construction achieved.

Triplanet are in breach of Contract in not handing over the building in the date stated (Dec 2009); and have not informed me of the right to extend the project by another 9 months (Sept 2010) which they were obligated by Contract to do. The RERA approved payment/construction schedule is therefore nulll and void as it only would be void if Triplanet had adhered to their own Contractural obligations. As they have not done so, the RERA payment schedule is irrelevant.

So far Triplanet have not been willing to meet with me or discuss any compromise.

I don't know what the next course of action is for me. On the one side, I wouldn't mind getting a full refund of monies paid or even 75% (if it was cancelled) as the market value is probably closer to 60% (if it were completed).

But what worries me is that Triplanet would have it cancelled, sell it very cheaply to someone else and still not pay me the money they owe me.

There doesn't appear to be information in black and white to say how RERA would audit or control the sale of the unit or control the money received by Triplanet in order for me to be paid back. There is no Trust Account as far as I know and Triplanet still controls the sale of the property to someone else.

To take Triplanet to court would be very costly (in excess of 100k) and there is a likelihood that one would not win as Triplanet is building.

Triplanet are not acting like a responsible and concerned Developer who cares about the investor; but as a Developer who is wishing to cream as much money out of the investor regardless of their own shortcomings. If they can take back a contract and have possession of it to sell to someone else, I think they will. They have zero goodwill in my eyes.

One also has to ask, that if they had 90% of your money for approx 25% cost outlay, would they complete the rest at 75% with only 10% money left to collect. This is only my view and opinion and I am not suggesting that Triplanet would do this only that they have shown no goodwill or fair play so far.

So far Triplanet have not acted fairly or in good faith and I don't think there is much chance they will do so now. If they did, they would not be asking for more money and would not be trying to cancel peoples contracts.

One also has to ask is why has RERA bent over backwards to side with a Developer so blantantly as this and not adhered to the Lands Department's Law.

I wish I had never invested.

Fairplay
did you paid the installment
same case with me

any suggestion or advice????

S

Stephendxb

In reply to Fairplay

You have summed up the situation for most Elite investors…Personally I am trying to stay optimistic, but I do worry about the building being completed. I am also concerned about the finish and if it will live up to expectations. The final building phase is where the real costs to developers are incurred.

Many developers have finally begun listening to investors and reaching certain compromises. I know this for a fact as I was involved. If all Elite investors actually got together I am sure we could push for some concessions. The reality is this won’t happen and that’s what most developers bank on.

N

nd1967

not uptill now
waiting for their (triplanet reply)
written to RERA

amplesou

amplesou

Banned
stephen,

i think you are absolutely correct in relation to the finacing or lack of credit in the UAE market. One thing I find difficut to comprehend is why the UAE government does not pump in cash into the banking system improving liquidity and hence moving the dubai property fiasco into the right direction...Also the lack of infrastructure and education(universities) are all essential factors that would want communities to settle in dubai....i think the dubai government need to look at revising the laws on visas and extend them to atleast 3 years to property owners for foeign investors to re-consider dubai as a serious global real estate hotspot....the frustrating thing is that this can all be done by the government!!
Dubai no trust to lend monies ,these banks have been ripped off as well...

people would just borrow and get on the next plane out of uae imop

:)

R

Realistic

What happened to the Elite group? Now Triplanet is threating to forfeit the 40% I paid in Elite 7. I told them give me credit note, other developers are doing this. Other person will get discount, it saves them giving discount as they are not giving any discount, and I'll recover some cash. But they don't listen.
Just sign in in this forum and have seen your post. Did you get a notice from Triplanet?? On what base the forfeit the money??

N

nd1967

i think we should all make a group /forum regarding all of our concerns
otherwise things will be buldozed on us
any suggestions by anybody who has invested in elite

R

Realistic

I believe more than 1 year has passed since Elite 7 update were sent to the investors. I have seen the latest Google map pictures of the work site and NOTHING has happened since. I have some pictures sent from a friend of mine that are dated Sept.2010 and the site IS abandoned.

Is this enough for RERA to cancel the project or not??
Is anybody interested in pursuing a clear answer from RERA?
Interested in hiring a lawyer and getting to the bottom of this saga??
Please send me a PM and let's get organized.
Cheers

PS: There is no protection for the investor even when it is a clear breach of contract. It is about time to voice our concern and request a FULL refund.

K

kamenoff

Hello Realistic,
did you hire a lawyer to deal with your investment. I am not sure how to pm you but I'll be happy to share my experience with you if you contact me. Cheers.