El Gouna

Status
Not open for further replies.
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Its hard to find fault in Gouna really. Clearly a lot more expensive than most places in Hurghada and parts of Sahl but for good reason. We stayed in the Movenpick the last time I was there and had a great holiday, the kids loved it and were always safe in or out of the hotel, and there is loads to do.
To change subject slightly I did come across the most amazing brochure of Serrania in a real estate office in Hurghada and if that comes to life it will be fantastic for Sahl, my concern being the website was taken down and its getting harder to find out whats going on. As I said in another post Sahl excites and scares me!
the best is to organize site views for SAHL and then you can decide :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shogun294

the best is to organize site views for SAHL and then you can decide :)
I visited El Gouna during my recent trip and was very impressed. Next day i went to Sahl and was even more impressed. Both are high quality areas but I think Sahl will be better in years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sanchez

El Gouna - In the future .....

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this site.
It seems like there's a wealth of interesting info and experiences ... great stuff.

I own 2 x 2 bed flats in El Gouna. I've had them for a few years now and have seen a reasonable amount of capital gain ....... although you only know for sure when you sell it.

So I'm interested to hear what people have to say about El Gouna, and also how they think the Sahl Hasheesh and Gamsha Bay type developements will affect El Gouna's future.
I know it's all hearsay really, but I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts.

David

S

Sanchez

Hey there guys,
I'm a "Gouna" at heart and have had some apartments there for a while now.
So although I have a slightly biased view, I'm also looking at some of the new developements, and was in Sahl Hasheesh only 2 weeks ago.
My partner's father is Egyptian, so I have some understanding of the ins and outs of property in El Gouna.
I'll put down a few things that I know about property in El Gouna, that people have mentioned in this thread.

The Egyptians were offered a 10% discount on any new build properties in El Gouna. I say "were", because they stopped doing this approx 1 year ago.
Traditionally people "in the know" would get invites to the launch day of a new area of El Gouna. Anyone could go to these launch days, but knowing about them was the issue. On the launch days the best properties were snapped up and Egyptians would get their 10% as well as any launch day discounts.

I believe that Orascom and only one other Orascom aligned Estate Agent sell properties "off plan" / new in El Gouna.

Once again, only a limited few agents in El Gouna are allowed to do resales.
Private sales are of-course possible though. Orasacom process all resales for a 3% fee of the initial price of the property.

With regards to El Gouna, and the pros / cons vrs other developements, I have started a thread called El Gouna - in the future ........
It will be interesting to hear investors thoughts.

For me, El Gouna is a paradise.
As somewhere to live on the red sea I don't think anything will come close for a long time.
As an investor - I'm currently weighing up options in El Gouna ( White Villa),Sahl Hasheesh ( 2 bed apartment ) and Marsa Alam. All very different investments with their own pros/cons.

Sorry to waffle on, but work is a little quiet ; - )
On a final note I'm happy to answer any questions ( that I can ) on El Gouna, in particular property related stuff.

David

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi and welcome. Thanks for the great post. I have merged your 2 posts with this existing one on El Gouna. We have another member Georgina who lives full time in El Gouna as well.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Dont know about that but she is a freelance writer for El Gouna magazine and photograper. On a Sunday I believe she works in Smugglers pub. From memory I think she has lived there now for 5 years.

S

Sanchez

Ahhhh, cool. I think I know of Georgina. She's good friends of my partners mum.

S

Sanchez

It's interesting. I'm reading that people think that El Gouna and Sahl Hasheesh will be very similar. I think they will be very different .......... Each with strengths and weaknesses ...
I have my own opinions and have personally been to both locations.
I'm interested to see what other people think .......

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hey there guys,

I'll put down a few things that I know about property in El Gouna, that people have mentioned in this thread.

The Egyptians were offered a 10% discount on any new build properties in El Gouna. I say "were", because they stopped doing this approx 1 year ago.
Traditionally people "in the know" would get invites to the launch day of a new area of El Gouna. Anyone could go to these launch days, but knowing about them was the issue. On the launch days the best properties were snapped up and Egyptians would get their 10% as well as any launch day discounts.

With regards to El Gouna, and the pros / cons vrs other developements, I have started a thread called El Gouna - in the future ........
It will be interesting to hear investors thoughts.

For me, El Gouna is a paradise.
As somewhere to live on the red sea I don't think anything will come close for a long time.

David
I was interested to read your post particularly how those in the know got the best properties on launch days.

I suppose its only natural that the developers immediate contacts get the first offering. Probably that happens everywhere.

But youve got me thinking. I am the CEO of the new Golf course development at Gouna which is called Ancient Sands Golf Resort which will be pre launching in the next few days now . I certainly wouldnt want any gripes from people on this forum that they hadnt had an opportunity to get in on launch day so any forum members who PM me (or register on the website ) will be able to take advantage of our pre launch offer and on the same favourable terms as our immediate circle of contacts. First come first served obviously.

I agree with all your other comments and hope we meet in due course.

Best regards

Jeremy Sturgess

S

Sanchez

Hi there Jeremy,
great to hear from you. I have just registered on the ancient sands website.
I have an apartment in upper numbia, so the new golf course will be only a 9 iron away.
Thanks for the "heads up" to all the users of this site.

I will definately look u up on my next visit...... In the meantime I look forward to further chat in this forum.

Regards

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hi there Jeremy,
great to hear from you. I have just registered on the ancient sands website.
I have an apartment in upper numbia, so the new golf course will be only a 9 iron away.
Thanks for the "heads up" to all the users of this site.

I will definately look u up on my next visit...... In the meantime I look forward to further chat in this forum.

Regards

I hope when you registered you mentioned you are Sanchez on this site. !

S

Sanchez

Hi Jeremy,
oops no I didn't.
I'll drop you an email.

Georgina, sorry i was getting mixed up with another friend of Lyn's.
Your friend's name is Lyn my partner's name is Lara, so hopefully you should know who I am now : - )

Georgina

Georgina

Bargains to be had if you search

My friend and I just looked at a one bed apartment in Downtown El Gouna which has just come on the market and needs a quick sale. I insisted on going with my friend because I didn't have a lot of confidence it would be right for her. Anyhow, we were pleasantly surprised. It was so charming. It is on the first floor and had views across the lagoon to the Arena Inn and onto the mountains from the outside terrace. The floors were wooden and the charm was all the arches, domed and vaulted ceilings which then led out to the terrace. The kitchen was the tiniest I have ever seen and the bathroom needed updating but the whole feel to the apartment was Nubian style, bright and airy with big palm trees outside. The price is 40,000 sterling. Most of the ground floor apartments in this area are not so nice as they have nothing to look out on and you have to take care not to be too near the music coming from places like Palma Karaoke Bar. Some of the buildings are looking a bit run down too here.

My friend is very excited. She bought in the marina about 8 years ago and sold and is now looking to reinvest.

L

Lsab

I hadn't realised that there was anything for that price in El Gouna. There's hope for us yet!

J

Jeremy Sturgess

She bought in the marina about 8 years ago and sold and is now looking to reinvest.
Did your friend do well on her Marina investment. Always good to hear successful investment stories !

O

Organics1

My friend and I just looked at a one bed apartment in Downtown El Gouna which has just come on the market and needs a quick sale. I insisted on going with my friend because I didn't have a lot of confidence it would be right for her. Anyhow, we were pleasantly surprised. It was so charming. It is on the first floor and had views across the lagoon to the Arena Inn and onto the mountains from the outside terrace. The floors were wooden and the charm was all the arches, domed and vaulted ceilings which then led out to the terrace. The kitchen was the tiniest I have ever seen and the bathroom needed updating but the whole feel to the apartment was Nubian style, bright and airy with big palm trees outside. The price is 40,000 sterling. Most of the ground floor apartments in this area are not so nice as they have nothing to look out on and you have to take care not to be too near the music coming from places like Palma Karaoke Bar. Some of the buildings are looking a bit run down too here.

My friend is very excited. She bought in the marina about 8 years ago and sold and is now looking to reinvest.
Georgina, if your friend doesn't go for this place could you send me some pics and info on size as I'm interested. Please feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.