El Andalous

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CMChris

Does anyone know what the building that is being built behind El Andalous is going to be? I heard a rumour it was going to be a health centre but don't know for sure.

A

arsenal

Last weekend I wrote to the Orbit Group for info on the building behind El Andalous and also asking about what was planned for Plot 11. As soon as I get a reply (or should I say If I get a reply!!!) I will post it on the forum.
Incidentally, there are some good photos of the current progress of construction available. If anyone is interested please let me know.

A

arsenal

Medical Centre at El Andalous

Does anyone know what the building that is being built behind El Andalous is going to be? I heard a rumour it was going to be a health centre but don't know for sure.
Hi Chris,
I am now reliably informed that the building is in fact going to be the medical centre, and that it is going to be 3 floors high. (ground, 1st and 2nd). This is bad news for us as we are at the back on the 4th floor and will face straight into it!! As you can imagine, we were sold the apartment as having views of the golf course but the only way it looks like we will have golf views is to put a cardboard cut-out picture of it on the balcony!! Not pleased to say the least. Have you bought in the back aisle of El Andalous as well?

Steve

C

CMChris

Thanks for that info. Nope we've bought across the road in Sunset Pearl and thankfully our appartment faces out across Red Sea Pearl near the swimming pool looking down the gap between the buildings. I'm 'reliably' told <koff> that there will be no other building from there to the sea. With all the space available across the road from El Andalous they could have used that for the medical centre and left directly behind El Andalous as an open space.

S

steve&lou

move in date

hi does anybody had a update on the completion date for el andalous

P

propertastic

It will be commercial; shops on the ground floor, offices on the upper floors.

It is not on the market yet and so it is not possible to say for sure what ype of outlets will be occupying the space.

Georgina

Georgina

Do not read this if you are eating breakfast!

I visited El Andalous yesterday with my friend who is purchasing an apartment there and the whole development is coming on nicely and looking good with the corridors now being tiled.

Having lived in Egypt many years I am used to visiting friends apartments that are under construction and without a doubt there will be a pile of human sh*t somewhere. However, nothing prepared us for the quantity and stench in my friends apartment at El Andalous on her newly tiled floor and all the urine too. Surely this will seep into the concrete and the smell will not go away?

I just don't get it. Why aren't the workers provided with somewhere to go? Or at least why can't they use all the rubble areas? Why do they have to use a newly tiled floor?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina I agree - they can surely dig a hole outside to do it in?? This was happening on our development and I had a word with the developer ( amongst others as well Im sure ) and it seems to have done the trick as the last few visits I only saw one pile of it on a roof top ( I went into loads of different blocks and apartments ) . Whereas before it was everywhere. There really is no need to do it on someones newly tiled floor - espec number 1's where men can do it anywhere outside alot easier than us women. Maybe they would get arrested if caught doing it outside on a building site?? Must admit never seen a portaloo on any site so I suppose when you gotta go you gotta go but they need to choose where they go more carefully!!

M

M Butler

El Andalous Update

Hi to all who have bought here.

We were up here last Wednesday having a look and you will be pleased to know that they were unloading all the bathroom fittings.

cheers,
Margaret

D

distant dreamer

Hi to all who have bought here.

We were up here last Wednesday having a look and you will be pleased to know that they were unloading all the bathroom fittings.

cheers,
Margaret
Hi Margaret,

Thats good to hear -did you manage to have a look at any of them? Are you buying on El Andalous? If so which apartment are you buying? Don't know if you are aware but there's a google group specifically for Sahl Hasheesh owners and some of them are hoping to meet up at Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent soon to have a chat about things.

Regards

Penny

M

M Butler

Hi Margaret,

Thats good to hear -did you manage to have a look at any of them? Are you buying on El Andalous? If so which apartment are you buying? Don't know if you are aware but there's a google group specifically for Sahl Hasheesh owners and some of them are hoping to meet up at Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent soon to have a chat about things.

Regards

Penny
HI penny,
No we haven't bought in El Andalous. We are in El Gouna but are thinking of buying a small apartment to move into if and when we rent out our house in El Gouna, so we were just having a look.
We were also over there in April and were interested to see just how much had been done. I just thought I would let you know that all the bathrooms have arrived and I would assume, will be going in shortly.
We did have a look around the apartments that are available from the guy in Sahl Hasheesh and they don't seem to be too far off being ready. I should have taken some photos. Didn't manage to have a look at the bathroom stuff as they were just unloading from a trailer and everything was well wrapped and boxed.

cheers,
Margaret

D

distant dreamer

El Andalous Owners - Sahl Hasheesh

Hi everyone,

Several owners at El Andalous are hoping to rent out their apartments once the development is completed and are currently in contact with a company that would be keen to market them for us. So if anyone reading this is an owner on El Andalous and thinking about renting, please let me know so I can get an idea of numbers as so far it doesn't look like the developers will come up with anything.

Thanks

Penny

R

Redsea pedestrian

Just back from El Andalous late last night. Expected to do snagging but not ready for that until 15.2.09. Although behind schedule, I am impressed with what I have seen. It will be superb once done.

Have some concerns over arranging completion of process. Anyone know the procedure and is there a need for a lawyer? Also, no satisfactory answers to furnishing packages, management costs and rental schemes. Anyone able to shed light on the subject?

Have got pictures if I could work out how to put them on the site. Have just joined and don't know my way around the site yet.

D

distant dreamer

Just back from El Andalous late last night. Expected to do snagging but not ready for that until 15.2.09. Although behind schedule, I am impressed with what I have seen. It will be superb once done.

Have some concerns over arranging completion of process. Anyone know the procedure and is there a need for a lawyer? Also, no satisfactory answers to furnishing packages, management costs and rental schemes. Anyone able to shed light on the subject?

Have got pictures if I could work out how to put them on the site. Have just joined and don't know my way around the site yet.
Hi Redsea Pedestrian

Glad to hear you like what you've seen so far. Have they made any progress with the pools and grounds yet?

Quite a few owners have now formed a residents group which you might be interested in joining. Also there is a google group called Sahl Hasheesh owners which has lots of information on it, also details of who to contact to join the residents association. You can also post photos on that site. As you are a new member I'm not sure if you can send/receive private emails yet, but after a few more postings you should be able to, so you can email me direct if you have any problems.

Regards

Penny

K

kesam

Can anyone update me on how the golf course / courses are coming on please

Regards
Kev and Sam 2.39 EA

R

Redsea pedestrian

Hi,

Sorry, no news on the golf course. I was preoccupied with so many other bits and pieces that it slipped my mind. There was no evidence of greenery on golf courses as I drove through, but beyond that I can't say.

I know that at least one EA member is currently out there and may have some news on the Sahl Hasheesh owners google group when she gets back.

Hope to meet you at EA some time.
Any other questions, please ask.

Shelley
EA 1.37

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Hi,

Sorry, no news on the golf course. I was preoccupied with so many other bits and pieces that it slipped my mind. There was no evidence of greenery on golf courses as I drove through, but beyond that I can't say.

I know that at least one EA member is currently out there and may have some news on the Sahl Hasheesh owners google group when she gets back.

Hope to meet you at EA some time.
Any other questions, please ask.

Shelley
EA 1.37
I was in Sahl Hasheesh yesterday and I visit at least once or twice a week; the changes in the last 6 months have been dramatic and no one should be in any doubt that this will be a world class resort. The irrigation system for the golf courses is due to be installed in May and the grass will then be layed.

For anyone looking for furnishings or rental management, Rolf Van Goor's new company, Estate Alliance are providing a full service and some of the units they have furnished recently in Sahl look amazing. If anyone needs help or contact details please PM me or give me a call.

K

kesam

thanks Peter i noticed Rolfs website but he does seem a bit to pricey for me

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Sahl Hasheesh

He does have clients who demand the best but good quality does not have to break the bank. If you tell him your budget he has to work within that.

The irrigation system for the Sahl golf courses should have been delivered in May 2008; the system comes from Rainbird in the USA. I understand that installation will now start in March and the special grass will be planted soon after. The grass is planted in individual plants which spread out to create the thick green of the fairways. This grass is watered with 60% sea water, 20% gray water and 20% recycled and treated sewer water. The greens are seeded and have to be watered by hand.

It will be amazing to see the whole of Sahl Hasheesh green in the future.

Red Sea

Red Sea

Banned
little advice

My advice to anyone like to furnish his or her flat, now in hurghada alot of nice furniture shop even there is some show rooms has its own factory in hurghada so first go around and have a look at the different furniture show rooms with different price ranges and then decide if you like to do it on your own or if you rich enough safe the hassle and hire someone to do it for you but when you do this after you hav this little tour then you will have a nice back ground about real prices and real different options

Status
Not open for further replies.