DSL / Telephone line Connection

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Yes everything works just the same - laptops are fine wireless or fixed so there should be no problem with normal modems or routers.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi see adsl-egypt

Prices are;

Download Upload speed 1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 1 Year

256K 64K 95 285 570 1.140
512K 128K 190 570 1.140 2.280
1024K 256K 380 1.140 2.280 4.560
2048K 512K 760 2.280 4.560 9.120

P

propertyborders

Internet may not be as cheap as some thought I agree, but if you have a laptop and you are close to Sheraton street do as I did go into mcdonalds as
they have free broadband.

Very naughty but very nice.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Propertyborders - my daughter does this as well when we are in Sharm. Free WiFi. The hotels charge quite a bit so she kept nipping down to Mc D all it cost was a cheap meal which they wanted anyway. The Mc D's are much more trendier out there than in the UK.

J

jeremy bright

Hi Propertyborders - my daughter does this as well when we are in Sharm. Free WiFi. The hotels charge quite a bit so she kept nipping down to Mc D all it cost was a cheap meal which they wanted anyway. The Mc D's are much more trendier out there than in the UK.

THANKS FOR THAT THEY WANT YOU TO SPEND TIME IN THERE AS YOU WILL WANT FOOD AND DRINK I HAVE NOTICED THEY HAVE COMPUTERS IN THE UK ONES TO ALSO AS I AM GOING TO MOVE THERE THIS YEAR ON MY OWN WILL BE GOOD PLACE TO CHAT

P

propertastic

A better bet in Hurghada is a place called Bulls, which is opposite the Old Vic. I used this as my office for the second half of my trip, and noticed that a lot of the locals in the know were doing the same thing.

The food and coffee there is actually nice there as well - a major plus point on McDonalds.

I'm lovin' it even more!

R

Reiska

How can I extend existing open wifi? Someone here has a open wifi but I can only log on to it when I´m in the balcony. Does someone know a powerfull wifi expander?

A

awahee123

Banned
I might be wrong here but isnt it the wireless card in your laptop that you would have to renew?..

R

Reiska

I want to boost/create my own wifi network with wifi repeater so I could use the internet inside.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
HI
Nick from Egypt real is coorect bulls Restaurant is a nice place covered with free wifi, plus there is Danani italian Restaurant in Laperla Hotel, alos there is a coffee shop in Esplanada bay Mall Called meshmesha it have nice free wireless connection most of cofeeshops now have this Free WIFi connections

P

propertastic

Do you know of anywhere in Sekalla with free wifi apart from McDonalds?

This is where I will be based to start with and I am guessing it will take at least two weeks before I get ADSL installed and so will be practically living somewhere with wifi during that time and would prefer not to have to keep taking a taxi each time (or sitting in McDonalds all day).

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Sure

Hi nick its me George, there is a restaurant in hadaba called Bombay i can show it to you it have free wifi, also new opened costa coffee its on main street i hope they have free WIfi as they have in cairo

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
DSL Installations Availability in Hurghada

Dear forum members and readers just yesterday i was installing DSL in my flat so i asked the company about DSL installations and if there is some places that not available for DSL and what the solutions, to be honest I was shocked some how, they told me After Sindbad Hotel to direction to Hor palace hotel its nearly imposible to install DSl lines, and from Hor Palace hotel Till melia Pharo you can't install on it till Melia Pharo hotel in direction to south DSL service is not available so you can't install DSL internet service if you live in the area from Hor palace hotel till up south, and as i can't mention or promote some areas i just like to tell there is a development between the airport and magawish resort that even don't have telephone lines and the only option available for any of for telephone is wireless telephone which don't have DSL servise and they charge you around 250 to 300 L.E for internet service they call it DSL but its like dial up exactly.
not only this But in dierction to north to El gouna After Faculty of Education in El Ahyaa Area there is no DSL Service as well and till now nothing happened to change this.
and even in some areas like El kawther and the touristic center beside Sindbad hotel and some areas in Dahar if you lucky and have a telephone line if your number starts with (346 and 350) this lines you can't install DSL service on it so if you applying for a telephone land line you have to be aware of your number what the first 3 digits to be awar of the services you can install on it. they say some of these will be solved but till now now.

So the lucky numbers that you can install DSL on it starts with the following digits (344, 345, 354, 355).

So i asked them what is the solution for those poor people??????
They said the cheapest solution inside Hurghada is a lased line with spead 256 costs 18750 L.E

OH God I hope they find a solution for it.
i wish who sold a flat already in the lucky areas and have the lucky numbers.:(

Last edited:
propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Back Online

Its good to be back online......we and by that i mean most of Egypt have been unable to get onto the internet. The story goes that 3 days ago a ship captain dropped anchor off the coast of Alexandra and hit a cable he then proceeded to pull in the anchor with the cable attached.
This just happened to be carrying the internet access from Egypt and we are led to believe it took out 90% of internet access. We were told it would take several days to repair but as you can see we are back up and running but could this be a temporary fix who knows we will have to wait and see.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I think Sharm must still be down as I have not had any responses to my emails for a couple of days. Egyptairs website was still down earlier as well.

P

propertastic

Hi nick its me George, there is a restaurant in hadaba called Bombay
This is where I am sat now as it is just a couple of blocks away from my apartment.

The food is not very good, but the Meister Max 8% beer is very good and only LE8 per bottle.

I am waiting to see what happens first - whether they throw me out of the place before they close or wheetha I gettt toooooo drrrunkkk toooo tyypee any moooooore!

B

babette

DSL Connection

Anyone know where to get wireless internet, how much it cost per month?

I know we have free acces at Bulls an d Mac Donalds, and the Italian restaurant behind Bulls, but like to get my own in the apartment, for the British resort will take at least a year before wireless will be installed.
Babette