DSL / Telephone line Connection

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
This is where I am sat now as it is just a couple of blocks away from my apartment.

The food is not very good, but the Meister Max 8% beer is very good and only LE8 per bottle.

I am waiting to see what happens first - whether they throw me out of the place before they close or wheetha I gettt toooooo drrrunkkk toooo tyypee any moooooore!
Now there is Costa Cafe as well front of sea Gull Hotel

G

gordies

internet access

been a long time since we had any input on this subject.

does anyone have any up to date information we could read?

thanks,

Gordie

P

propertastic

What was the question again? The thread seems to have gone in a lot of directions.

Etisalat have a good deal at the moment. For LE1800 you get a free GSM dongle and 12 months 'all you can eat bandwidth'.

Different people seem to have different experiences with it. Some say is it great, others say it is usless.

My 1 Meg TE Data broadband connection came down in price from LE250/month.

Rancho (next to Bulls) has wifi.

C

caboria

Concerning etisalat (vodafone, mobinil) internet. They reduce speed to 64K after 6 GB downloaded.

queenie40something

queenie40something

On our resort we can get internet for 150le per month so compared to recent figures it seems a good deal?? I got connected in Dec and it was pretty good.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Why worry about having a land-line connection?

Etisalat and Vodofone have good wifi modum connections that are secure to each owner.
I have Etisalat which can be used anywhere there is 220 volt power in Egypt. It cost 1,700 le to purchase the pocket sized hardware and 149 le per month for 540 Mbps speed and up to 8mgs. for use.

Alan Cockayne

Alan Cockayne
Call in their shops and load it up. Simple and as good as my UK ADSL.

T

thompsonsom

Etisalat and Vodofone have good wifi modum connections that are secure to each owner.
I have Etisalat which can be used anywhere there is 220 volt power in Egypt. It cost 1,700 le to purchase the pocket sized hardware and 149 le per month for 540 Mbps speed and up to 8mgs. for use.

Alan Cockayne

Alan Cockayne
Anyone know of any internet deals at the moment in Hurghada

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Alan Cockayne

Alan Cockayne

Hi
I am in need of a quick resolution in as much I need to provide a customer with a fast internet link in our apartment. We have no land line. Is the one you have mentioned suitable and can I buy it quickly and locally. Is there a minimum contract period? My apartment is in Mubarak 7.

Cheers

J&K

T

thompsonsom

Internet Access

hi

we are in hurghada now as we have moved here and we have just purchased a etsalat dongle, the cost for the dongle is 440 egp and the monthly amount for download is £19 per month, we have purchased unltd but you can get 2gb for around £15 on a 6mth contract. Because we purchased a 12 month contract we got the dongle for free

janice & Ian

Thompson Hurghada - Property and Key Care in Hurghada Egypt

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Thanks Janice and Ian. Just a few more questions as I'm not well versed on computer internet connections.

Can this dongle and subscription be bought locally in Hurghada, if so, where?

Is that all I would need (apart from a pc) to be able to access the internet, or do I also get/need a wireless router/transmitter thingy, not forgetting we have no land line?

Cheers

John

Last edited:
D

danny

DSL / Telephone line Connection Reply to Thread

Thanks Janice and Ian. Just a few more questions as I'm not well versed on computer internet connections.

Can this dongle and subscription be bought locally in Hurghada, if so, where?

Is that all I would need (apart from a pc) to be able to access the internet, or do I also get/need a wireless router/transmitter thingy, not forgetting we have no land line?

Cheers

John
All you need is a laptop. You can get a dongle from Etisilat or Mobinil in Hurghada.

I have used both systems and find the Etisilat faster and more reliable.

Th Etisilat dealer is close to the Telephone Exchange on Sheraton road.

You need to take your passport with you and have a landline number.

With regards to a landline number, you can use any number you have to hand as they will not check if the landline number belongs to you, just write down a number of any business you hapen to be walking past on the way.

Cheers

Danny

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Thanks very much. More simple than I thought.

Cheers

H

hrg

Hey there, what is current situation with dsl-connection in Hurghada? Etisalat usb-dongle is a good choice, but for Skype latency is high enough I suppose. Has anyone tried it? what is the quality of the sound/video, huge lags?
And what the situation with the Wi-Fi in cafes? Has anyone tested the connection with speedtest or any other tool?