Can your style of decorating affect the value of your property?

Discussion in 'Increasing the value of your property' started by totallyproperty, Nov 2, 2013.

1. totallyproperty

totallyproperty Administrator Staff Member

It will surprise an awful lot of people to learn that the styling and type of decorating throughout your home can have a material impact upon potential buyers. Experts believe that by spending just a few hundred pounds this could in some circumstances be the difference between selling your property at the asking price or having to discount the price you were after.

2. RuthStriplin58

RuthStriplin58 New Member

No i dont have any idea about that.

3. JenniferKelly

JenniferKelly New Member

Yes, I will definitely affect the price of property. Interior decoration is one of the easy way to increase the value of it.

4. George79

George79 Member

Of course it can. Positive and negative. Good decoration can hide the flaws of the house and so increase its value. On the other hand, poor decoration may give the impression overall poor condition of the property.

5. I believe it has an impact in the value of the property. Whether it's good or bad depends on the person wanting to buy the property. But I do believe that adding simple and neutral decorations to the property brings more value to it.

6. SophieEvans

SophieEvans New Member

Yes, of course. That is the reason, why you have to hire a professional for interior design and decoration.

7. MaryJcobs

MaryJcobs New Member

Real state is big market to invest your money and after some time it could be double.

8. shinystar

shinystar New Member

May be May be not,as styling a home is as per the person living in it , but when the property is considered for sale , than the property should be designed in order to sell it , and of coarse too loud and dark colors and dis organised property does not attract buyers , as the appearance is cumbersome.

9. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Yes definitely it can increase the value of your property.Interior decoration play vital role for increasing the value of it.

10. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

We live in a world where cosmetic appearances can make or break investments and the property market is no different. You will not necessarily need to spend a fortune decorating your property assets but giving the right impression to potential buyers could make or break any deal. After all, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

11. lookinginvest

lookinginvest Member

All I will say on this subject is that you do not get a second chance to make a first impression. Make the most of it!

12. Chris Tian

Chris Tian New Member

I agree with your point that if the house is designed well then the value can be easily go high compare to the simple houses. It won't give you 1000 pounds in return but I am sure in the end you will have some profit whether it's of 50 pounds to 150 but you will have the advantage.

Take it as, a buyer has 2 options and both have the same facilities(counting only house as the factor to buy it) so what you think which one he will choose? The answer is simple and it's the one he finds more decorative.

13. John Scott

John Scott New Member

Of course, the decorating style can affect the value of your property. A well design home can increase the value of your home and help you get the better price.

14. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

When decorating I would be careful about straying too far from neutral colours. The further away from neutral colours you stray the more chance you will alienate some potential buyers - nothing too garish!

15. OhhEnnEmm

OhhEnnEmm New Member

Definitely, as simple as it may be to change, it still naturally affects the way people perceive the overall package.

16. realdeals

realdeals Active Member

Neutral colours and styles allow a would be buyer to put their own stamp on the property - if the style and colouring is overpowering then this might put some sellers off.