Brazilian Lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMBroad

im still clumsily learning my way around the site, JM you seem to be helpfull.

Can anyone help me find a ATTY for an investor visa, that know in the comunity?
Also, I read that its possible to open a bank account in Brasil, thats limited in nature, but Ive been to 4 banks, including HSBC, and they will not even accept a deposit?.

Any advice? or where to go on this website? thanks for your help and patience with a "newbie"
Hi imwilldu and welcome to the forums.

You are looking for an attorney to help you with an investor visa? Yes I'm sure we can suggest a couple for you to talk to. I've worked before with Manzanares International and Gadelha Consultores and have been happy with both.

While it is "legally possible" to open a bank account in Brazil, the truth of the matter is that you simply can't open one.

At best you can get an investors visa, and your company can have a bank account. In order to bring money into the country while the visa is going through the paperwork you will have to place the money in a bank account owned by your company, and that company will have to be administered by a Brazilian resident (of any nationality). Once your visa is approved then you can transfer administration of the company into your name and regain control of the money in that account. As the legal minimum (barring exceptions) is R$ 150.000,00 (+/- € 50.000) this can be risky unless you are 100% sure about the administrator who you are giving free reign to your money.

Good luck with your search

John

T

timatthebeach

what jmbroad said is dead on, but if you go down the investor visa route once you have it you can open as many personal brazilian bank accounts as you want. (as i understand it)

Last edited:
I

imwilldu

Hi again, and thanks for the help.
Yes, I went back to the HSBC, and they couldn't help me. Its interesting, i was in Turkey last summer, and opened a HSBC account with just an tax # (it took me 20 mins to get) and an HSBC acoount from there. So real easy in Turkey, real hard in Brazil, go figure.
Wish they had Brazil weather in Turkey, both countries are awesome.

John I see you are in Natal, im wondering if you have knowledge of a realtor in the Rio area? Maybe this is the way to go to get a residency permit? I only have a 90 day visa, what happens if you overstay? Id hate to be in the middle of a closing, and find out I have to leave for another 6 months...? looks like I have a lot of research to do yet...

J

JMBroad

Hi again, and thanks for the help.
Yes, I went back to the HSBC, and they couldn't help me. Its interesting, i was in Turkey last summer, and opened a HSBC account with just an tax # (it took me 20 mins to get) and an HSBC acoount from there. So real easy in Turkey, real hard in Brazil, go figure.
Wish they had Brazil weather in Turkey, both countries are awesome.

John I see you are in Natal, im wondering if you have knowledge of a realtor in the Rio area? Maybe this is the way to go to get a residency permit? I only have a 90 day visa, what happens if you overstay? Id hate to be in the middle of a closing, and find out I have to leave for another 6 months...? looks like I have a lot of research to do yet...
You can extend your 90 day visa for another 90 days providing you apply beforehand. Or in worst case scenario, you leave the country for 24 hours and come back on another 90 day visa. By the time the 180 days are up - you should have your investors visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.