Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

M

Mussa1

Hi Alaa

Thanks for the confirmation, very happy everything is fine

Do you have any internal pictures? also any of type 2 quadrant 2

Regards

Dear rumbaba,

Please be advised that the revolution is finished and the everything is going well :top:
Orascom will deliver Makadi resort units on time ..

R

rumbaba

Thank you Alaa for your assurance and congratulations on your revolution. May EGypt be a happier and freer place.

Thank you Alan for your advice as always.

S

sam311

Looks like prices has dropped in Sahl Hasheesh and other areas , I had a few offers from sellers to buy property where they where asking so much Early january when i was there than now after the revolution. Amazing and Orascom Who knows what will happened to the owners they own El Gouna . Lets see if they have to go to court for buying the land soo cheap .Lets wait and see.
Good Luck to them lots of luck after this revolition.

R

rumbaba

Yes I do have some peace of mind going for Makadi and a big developer like Orascom. Dome of the developers building in Sahl Hasheesh aren't as big and this could make some people more worried with the recent events. Sahl Hasheesh is expensive and I am sure will look lovely when it is all complete. Makadi doesn't carry such a high premium and I am happy with the price I paid for it. With all that has happened I am glad to have gone for this development.

Alaa fayad

Alaa fayad

Banned
Hi Alaa

Thanks for the confirmation, very happy everything is fine

Do you have any internal pictures? also any of type 2 quadrant 2

Regards
This week end ; we will get new fresh photos in shaa' Alaah

M

matilda

Alaa, If possible, and a photo of Q2-S5-T3, please!!!!
Because my agent is all mixed up, and in December we went to look S2 instead of S5 :(

G

Galway_Redsea

Dear rumbaba,

Please be advised that the revolution is finished and the everything is going well :top:
Orascom will deliver Makadi resort units on time ..
I checked again, both the Orascom DM websites remain offline. Fallout from the unrest with IT folks not being at work....perhaps

I might call them this week for a check on how things stand. I understand a website or construction update may be the furthest from folks mind at the moment in Egypt.

Peace to all

M

maggie

Just looked at the exchange rate and its really good at the moment I was wondering whether it might be an idea to pay the 12 month large payment for my aprt.
Any thoughts any one ?
Maggie

Ron1621

Ron1621

Just looked at the exchange rate and its really good at the moment I was wondering whether it might be an idea to pay the 12 month large payment for my aprt.
Any thoughts any one ?
Maggie
Hi Maggie

I have purchased a T3 apartment on Q4 and took the opportunity to pay for it outright as I managed to get an excellent rate at the time and by doing this I was able to save on exchange rate fluctuations and in effect purchase the apartment for several hundreds of GBP less than the published price of the apartment,

So I would say if you have the opportunity to make less exchange rate payments then do it providing you are happy that the developer is going to deliver the property.

Good Luck

Ron

M

maggie

Hi Maggie

I have purchased a T3 apartment on Q4 and took the opportunity to pay for it outright as I managed to get an excellent rate at the time and by doing this I was able to save on exchange rate fluctuations and in effect purchase the apartment for several hundreds of GBP less than the published price of the apartment,

So I would say if you have the opportunity to make less exchange rate payments then do it providing you are happy that the developer is going to deliver the property.

Good Luck

Ron
Hi Ron
thank you for your reply. I have brought in T4 Q3 and I have been paying a bit more per month then I should be plus I paid twice in Dec because of a mix up with the exchange company. I think I will pay the large amount as its about £2000 plus so I should think that will save me a few £s. As far as i,m aware every thing is still on par with the build. I also know someone who is going to Hurghada tomorrow. It seems its safe for holiday makers to start going there again.
Thanks again Ron.
Maggie

C

chris_property

Hi Maggie,
My monthly payments were up for renewal this month with the currency company and the rate was stronger, due to the factor of what has happened in Egypt and I was due to fix again this month anyway.

My monthly payments are due to finish in November so I booked the rate for 10 months to finish in November and my payments are down £40 a month compared to my last fixed rate payment, so over 10 months that is £400 less for the same amount of EGP on the last rate.

The larger sum which is due in December is my last payment, but personally I will pay it then at the rate in December as I would rather pay it in line with the contract and not early. I was happy enough at the rate I got for the 10 months of monthly payments.

I would love to see some recent update pictures (last few days or in the next week or so) and is the work going at the same paces as before anyone?

Hope that helps, just my two pennys worth :)

Chris

M

maggie

Hi Maggie,
My monthly payments were up for renewal this month with the currency company and the rate was stronger, due to the factor of what has happened in Egypt and I was due to fix again this month anyway.

My monthly payments are due to finish in November so I booked the rate for 10 months to finish in November and my payments are down £40 a month compared to my last fixed rate payment, so over 10 months that is £400 less for the same amount of EGP on the last rate.

The larger sum which is due in December is my last payment, but personally I will pay it then at the rate in December as I would rather pay it in line with the contract and not early. I was happy enough at the rate I got for the 10 months of monthly payments.

I would love to see some recent update pictures (last few days or in the next week or so) and is the work going at the same paces as before anyone?

Hope that helps, just my two pennys worth :)

Chris
Hi Chris,
Any one two pennys worth is always helpfull:smile:
I change my exchange rate company after the first six months and started to save £30 per month thats why I was wondering whether to pay the large amount now while the rate is good. And as long as Orascom will give me the balance a couple of months before my finel payment next year. Dont want to pay more then I should.
I do have all the reciepts of payments though except for the Nov/Dec payments, i,m still waiting for them. But i,ve got my bank statements. I rang GDI last week and was told that everthing is going well and that some investors have recieved their contracts back from the courts. So thats good news. And yes it would be nice to see some more upto date photos just to put investors mind at rest.
Cheers.
Maggie

S

sanddune

My feelings are the currency rate will improve for buyers as the situation in Egypt is far from over. When ever there is an election, rates go down just look at ours this time last year . GBP is slowly moving up and must get stronger against EGP at least for another year while Egypt goes through a differcult time,
Chris i'm with you , no updates ,no new pictures for a while. What happened to those who went out after xmas and promised photos ? . For all we know work could have come to a stand still for several reasons.If anyone has photos please post them, they would be very welcomed.
I think it is essential for Osracom to reassure investers.
So please come on everyone post !

sanddune

Georgina

Georgina

No idea what is happening at Makadi but life in El Gouna is great but extremely quiet. Construction is continuing here. Shops, bars and restaurants do not have to pay rent at the moment to help everyone cope with hardly any tourists. All the hotels have shut apart from Sheraton, Moevenpick, Ocean View and Fenadir I believe, but they hope to open again in March. Lots of special offers everywhere to encourage the residents to go out more. Last night we had two hours of free draught Heineken in Jobos with live music then free shots! One of the dive centers is offering residents free diving in February to keep their boat crew busy. Workers both foreign and Egyptian have returned home as shops have shut or staff cut back. When Easy Jet lands at Hurghada it is the only flight to arrive so very fast to clear customs. Hearing that the flights are arriving full at least now. My friend went up to Cairo for a few days shopping. She said the atmosphere was wonderful and lots of special offers in hotels. Banks have opened again but I haven't received any mail since January and the Post Office was closed a lot. Ancient Sands sold three properties this week and haven't reduced their prices.

Egypt needs tourists right now!

M

maggie

No idea what is happening at Makadi but life in El Gouna is great but extremely quiet. Construction is continuing here. Shops, bars and restaurants do not have to pay rent at the moment to help everyone cope with hardly any tourists. All the hotels have shut apart from Sheraton, Moevenpick, Ocean View and Fenadir I believe, but they hope to open again in March. Lots of special offers everywhere to encourage the residents to go out more. Last night we had two hours of free draught Heineken in Jobos with live music then free shots! One of the dive centers is offering residents free diving in February to keep their boat crew busy. Workers both foreign and Egyptian have returned home as shops have shut or staff cut back. When Easy Jet lands at Hurghada it is the only flight to arrive so very fast to clear customs. Hearing that the flights are arriving full at least now. My friend went up to Cairo for a few days shopping. She said the atmosphere was wonderful and lots of special offers in hotels. Banks have opened again but I haven't received any mail since January and the Post Office was closed a lot. Ancient Sands sold three properties this week and haven't reduced their prices.

Egypt needs tourists right now!
Hi
Try explaining that to my manager. lol