Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

C

chris_property

Hi,
Been a long time reader of this site and thought I'd join at last.

I am interested in this development and I am looking into a 57 Sq.m 2 bed at the moment. Price wise seems very good for the Sq.m and location and I could live with the idea of being out of Hurgada for the price and the potential area that is to be built here.

Looks very interesting and I own a property on the coast in Bulgaria and having been looking into another property for a good while now this development stands out for location, price and potential and the developers track record.

Enjoy reading this site and I have read the Egypt section with interest for a couple of years and it would be good to hear thoughts from others who have bought already within this new planned development or are thinking about it as well.

Had a look at the linked pictures above, good to see the site starting work.

Regards,

Chris

C

chris_property

Hi All,
Update to my last post, I have now booked a 2 bedroom type 3 unit in the new Makadi Bay Project, I am looking forward to seeing this new venture take shape and the plan for the resort development looks very impressive.

Hope to to share with other owners as the development gets underway,

Kind regards,

Chris

R

rumbaba

Makadi Bay

I have just bought a 2 bedroom apartment in this development.

The developer is very well known in Egypt and has developed other places such as El Gouna and Taba Heights which are all really expensive now!

I agree that this probably will not attain those prices as it does not have a private beach.

When I bought I was comparing it to similar developments like Delta Sharm in Sharm el Sheik which also has no private beach. This rents very well and is quite expensive.

To be honest I emailed an egyptian agent called classica group as they have no booking or finders fee so I have saved about £1500.

With a good location, good developer with proven track record who is now developing a village in Switzerland we are onto a winner!

I love the style of the buildings too and think it will be quite individual.

Could everyone please keep us posted on any photos etc as building work progresses?

Thanks,

Rumbaba

T

thelfamily

This looks like an interesting development. Is it near the beach as the complex looks in the middle of no where. also, I am having trouble downloading prices etc and can only do so if I disclose out phone number etc.

R

rumbaba

If you google classica red sea and email them they should be able to send you prices without you having to disclose your number.

They were very efficient with me and I managed to buy within a few days.

The development is 1 km from the beach and near the golf range. I plan to use it as a weekend getaway or maybe let it out - not sure yet.

C

chris_property

Good to find other buyers in this project. The construction pictures are looking good and this seems to be one of the best value projects around at the moment and it is not that far back from the sea.

It will be good to follow the progress of the development I think those of us who have bought should be happy with the end result.

Having bought in Bulgaria in 2005, it will be nice to own this property as well and an all year round climate at the same time.

I also love the style of building, what type is your 2 bedroom going to be in Rumbaba?

I got in type 3, I liked them just being 2 storey and I got top floor with a high ceiling.

El Gouna and Taba Heights look fantastic so the developer has that track record, I am not bothered about a private beach to be honest, I don't mind the 1 KM back from the beach as I am sure there will be some form of transport in the future from the resort to the beach area plus a lot within the resort.

My property in Bulgaria is only 4 mins walk, few hundred metres to the beach and I paid a lot more than this project and having been looking at another property for a while, the set up, price and location seems very good value.

Kind regards,

Chris

R

rumbaba

Hi Chris,

I bought a top floor type 3 too. I prefer the idea of the high domed ceiling rather than having a garden to worry about. I am in Q2.

It good to know others that have bought in this development!

I cant wait for it to be built!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

C

chris_property

Hi Chris,

I bought a top floor type 3 too. I prefer the idea of the high domed ceiling rather than having a garden to worry about. I am in Q2.

It good to know others that have bought in this development!

I cant wait for it to be built!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Hi Rumbaba,
Hope you had a nice Christmas :)

I have also bought in Q2 and I prefer to have a balcony rather than ground floor with a bit of a garden, I prefer apartments above the ground floor, much more private I feel and in a warm country having a balcony area with an apartment is a nice feature to enjoy I think.

The high domed ceilings should be nice as well. Good to be able to follow the progress with others who have bought as well and it'll be exciting for us all this development.

Best wishes for the coming New Year.

Chris

R

rumbaba

Great to here Chris!

So we will be neighbours then. Hope you have a great new year.

Rumbaba

R

rumbaba

Orascom has set up a facebook group for those who have bought in their Makadi project.

M

Mussa1

Makadi Bay - Hurghada

Hi Everyone

Has anyone purchased a property on the new Makadi Bay developement? Just wanted some experiences of anyone who has purchased how it has been?

Also am thinking of buying from a company called A WORLD OVERSEAS, has anyone had any experiences on dealing and buying with them? Also they recommend the a Egyptian Lawyer called Tarek Fathalla, is he any good and has anyone had any dealing with him?

All information would be appreciated?? As first timer buying a property overseas.

Regards

S

Steveand Christine

We have purchased there and have used Tarek as our solicitor.
You will find all you need to know about other buyers and links to construction photos in the "Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay" thread on this forum.

Steve & Christine

M

Mussa1

Thank you, please can you give me details of anyone who has bought in the apartments from the UK, and which company they bought through and their experience with them???

Regards

R

rumbaba

Hi Mussa1

I have bought in Q2 in Makadi.

I bought from the Uk through an estate agent based in Hurghada as I personally found it cheaper that way.

It was very simple, I was posted the contract and returned it.

R

rumbaba

I have found another city development by Orascom where they are using very similar architecture to that to be built in Makadi.

I have attached the photos here. It should give everyone an idea of what the buildings will look like.

This built development is a cheaper development than that in Makadi. Hopefully with Makadi being a resort the landscaping will be much nicer!

Attachments

Last edited:
M

Mussa1

How much did u save buying from hurghada? Am thinking of purchasing in q2, type 2, 1 bedrm apartment 2ndfloor

R

rumbaba

Personally I would go for a 2 bed if are able to do so.

The layout of the 1 bed apartments is not that great - they look more like studios.