Asmaran - an Emaar Bawadi Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doctor Robert

Finally Emaar getting a taste of their own medicine. All this while it went to their heads of increasing prices to any level and there were people buying.

As they say...you can fool some people sometime but you can't fool all the people all the time.

1.8 million for a 1 bed is a crazy price to ask for. Work out the numbers on a mortgage calculator and they will not make sense.

Regards

Roshan
Nice quote Roshan, "as they say"? or as Bob Marley says?

but honestly, i dont know why everyone is being pissy about this. personally, having bought in the first Maysan launch, i am actually kind of happy about this:

for the next several months, apartments will be leaking into the market with increasing prices.
in the mean time, the market will not be flooded all at once as what usually happens right after a launch.

all this means that I can take my sweet old time with my unit, and milk the market until i get the best offer possible :)

thoughts?

D

Doobedoo

but honestly, i dont know why everyone is being pissy about this. personally, having bought in the first Maysan launch, i am actually kind of happy about this:

for the next several months, apartments will be leaking into the market with increasing prices.
in the mean time, the market will not be flooded all at once as what usually happens right after a launch.

all this means that I can take my sweet old time with my unit, and milk the market until i get the best offer possible :)

thoughts?
I'm inclined to agree Doctor - there's very few of these on the market which suggests people view them as a longer term investment. That said, I'm very surprised at the supposed lack of attendance over the last two days considering the chaos that was phase 1 - 4000 registrations, well over a 1000 people on the day etc etc. The people who had been called (certainly for yesterday's event) couldn't have known the prices other than a rough idea of a 'finger in the air' 10-15%+ uplift and yet they still haven't gone for it - makes you wonder if there's something else afoot e.g. the independent sales agents that tend to bring many buyers have decided not to come to the party on this one..!? Dunno!

D

Doctor Robert

honestly, i think it just because of the "Death of Dubai Summer!"
lol
ive lived here my whole life, and summer in Dubai has always been a dead zone. true, this is less and less valid, though i think it still applies.

from what i understand, they only invited a few people yesterday. i wonder if anyone in emaar has ever spent a summer in Dubai before LOL

i went back there today though, and it still was pretty slow. did they not tell people? did they only inform a few? im not really sure, though i did recognize some of the faces there!

either way, take it slow, take it easy, i got my unit and not many others do. at this point, i'm golden and this is the way i like things to be!

R

rudeboy

I am sure you are mistaken on this information.

The person who was holding token no. 7 is my relative. He did not buy anything today as the rates didn't seem reasonable to him.

1 Bed 798 sqft began at 1.8 m.

The 2 Bed which was priced at 2.3 m in the previous launch, was priced at 2.8 m.
But a few people who had a good rapport with any of the sales agents, got through the offer to get it for 2.6 m.
well i think he was in the beginning so he was able to pick it up for 1.5 milliondhs.

for your info i went for the 1st launch and me personally i was able to pick a appartment up for 1.45 million dhs and my uncle was able to pick it up for 1.8 million dhs.

so if he was in the first 10 ppl the price would have been LOW compared to the next 50. been there and experienced it myself.

I personally think 1.8 million dhs is too much for 1 bedroom out there in the desert when you can pick up 1 bedroom in jumeriah village for 500,000dhs. 1.8million dhs you can buy a bloody mansion in England :S.

A

ahaw

well i think he was in the beginning so he was able to pick it up for 1.5 milliondhs.

for your info i went for the 1st launch and me personally i was able to pick a appartment up for 1.45 million dhs and my uncle was able to pick it up for 1.8 million dhs.

so if he was in the first 10 ppl the price would have been LOW compared to the next 50. been there and experienced it myself.

I personally think 1.8 million dhs is too much for 1 bedroom out there in the desert when you can pick up 1 bedroom in jumeriah village for 500,000dhs. 1.8million dhs you can buy a bloody mansion in England :S.
Hey rudeboy.

I am sorry you are mistaken. I wrote that the person holding A-07 is my relative and he did not buy any property at all. 1 Bed began with 1.8m in this launch and that's the reason he decided to leave it. So no one bought at1.5m as it wasn't available.

I absolutely agree with you that 1.8m is worthless.

A

AAPROP

Hey rudeboy.

I am sorry you are mistaken. I wrote that the person holding A-07 is my relative and he did not buy any property at all. 1 Bed began with 1.8m in this launch and that's the reason he decided to leave it. So no one bought at1.5m as it wasn't available.

I absolutely agree with you that 1.8m is worthless.
Today when it was our turn the 1 bed was at 2.1 m. Can you guys believe it? Where are these prices heading, only God knows.

D

Doctor Robert

1 BR for 2.1? niiiice lol
ask yourselves: how much will they go for once the project is completed?

for those of you who went to this last launch, did you buy ur properties for an immediate flip? or are you planning on holding on to them for a while?

and did anyone here pick up the 1 BR for 2.1?

R

Roshan

thoughts?
From what I see is that, since all the possible markets are down, people must be taking their money of from the banks and investing in real estate.

Dubai is not tested as a market and one keeps wondering how the markets will move. 1 Beds going for 1.8 million. Commercials going for Dhs 2800 psf. Waterfronts going for Dhs 4000 psf. If you think about these prices, they are insane.

If too many apartments coming in, there could be a correction...one really does not know whether the "build and they will come" attitude that Dubai has adopted will click. On the other hand Dubai has never gone wrong so far.

Let's hope for everybodys sake the markets will move up. However markets cannot always move up, somewhere, sometime there is bound to be a slide.

People who have bought sensibly will make money.

Regards

Roshan

Oh yea, that was Bob Marley, one of my all time favorites

R

Roshan

Today when it was our turn the 1 bed was at 2.1 m. Can you guys believe it? Where are these prices heading, only God knows.
Utterly butterly stupid. Guys who buy at this price will loose their pants. As one of the member rightly said, you could buy a mansion in other parts of the world.

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rudeboy

to be honest with u i went for the 1st launch. and i was comparing the prices there of the last launch which i think was in the badrah or something where 1 bedroom went for 1 million dhs which works out to be roughly £140,000.00. For that much you could buy a 3 or 4 bedroom house in the outer skirts of London and get rent of £1000.00 per month.

but anyway i went for 1 bedroom for 1.8 million dhs :S and was still able to sell it for 3% premimum.

prices are going crazy but PPL in dubai are still buying them thats whats crazy. and i think this will stay for 5 years when all the major projects are completed even the new airport in jebel ali.

N

nabeelc

have 3 1 beds at the lowest price in the market.

PM for more details.

Y

Yasir

Banned
have 3 1 beds at the lowest price in the market.

PM for more details.
Dont have an option to Pm you. so can u send the details of these One Beds at shire_786 at hotmail dot com .. Thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.