Saidia - AP2

Haaz

Haaz

I have received the attached notice in relation to a EGM in relation to the owners at AP2. Does anyone have any particular knowledge of why this meeting has been convened (bar the obvious of course)? Is there anything of concern?

Does anyone know if there is anyone reputable who can cast a proxy vote? Clearly Shani at Saidiaholidayrentals will not be undertaking this role sadly.

Clearly, the real owners have no real clout so I am concerned there is something potentially sinister. Notice as follows:

PARIS-OUJDA IMMOBILIER S.A.R.L
Ventes-Locations-Syndic de Copropriétés
Angle Bd Hassan II et Allal Ben Abdellah
60600 Saïdia
Tél :(00212) (0) 5.36.62.54.05 Fax (00212)(0)5.36.62.53.43
Portable : 06.78.85.39.74
Email : xxx
RESIDENCE AP2 “AL WAHA”
Convocation
We have the honor to convene you in extraordinary general assembly in the buildings of the restaurant of the marina “the blue sail”
SATURDAY 30 OCTOBER 2010 A 14 HOURS
In order to deliberate on the following agenda:
1- Election of the office of the assembly (president, secretary, tellers).
2- Descriptive State of the interventions of the syndic before reception of the lot( parcel).
3- Statement of expenses.
4- Balance countable, cash flow statement, list of names of the failing joint owners.
5- Explanations on the application of the rules of procedure of the residence, respect of the common parts, maintenance of the privative gardens access swimming pool…
6- Within the framework of the rules of procedure, and law 18 00 on joint ownership in its article 20: the general assembly via the syndic “makes decisions and sets up measurements having to ensure the safety, and the quietude of its inhabitants”. Authorization given to the syndic to draw up a standard contract without which no renting could be subscribed. Decision to be taken. Vote.
7- Actions to be led against failing joint owners, authorization given to the syndic to legal proceedings. Decisions. Vote.
8- Actions to be carried out against the owners having completed work in or on the common parts without previous agreement. Decisions to be taken. Vote.
9- Authorization to grant to the owners of solarium to create an opening (door) to reach inside the architectural towers in order to use them at privative ends. This being an annexation of a common part. Decision to be taken. Vote.
10- Information on the estimates of maintenance of the swimming pool.
11- Purchase and installation of display panels.
12- Purchase of “green” garbage cans and containers.
13- Proposal for insurance contract.
14- Authorization given to the syndic to send convocations, minutes of assembly, raise of funds,all information related to the residence by email.
15- Authorization to be given the owners not being able to attend the assembly to address heir vote by email to the syndic.
16- Other matters : people wishing to add questions on the agenda will have
to forward them to us at least 15 days before the assembly.
The syndic
If you cannot attend the assembly, we kindly request you to return an authorization
to represent you with the name of the person you wish to represent you.
The law 18 00 stipulates that only one authorization per person is valid.

TO BE ABLE
I undersigned, Madam, Mister
Resident at
Joint owner in residence AP2 “Al waha” on the seaside resort of SAÏDIA,
Representating percentage of the residence, Give to Sir, or Madam

All capacities, of, and on my behalf, to represent me For the purpose to assist at the extraordinary general assembly of Saturday 30 October 2010 in the room of the restaurant “the blue sail” on the marina.
To represent me and carry out all the rights of joint ownership and of the law.
To take part on my behalf to the deliberations, discussions and with all the votes, to make all protests, oppositions and reserves.
To accept all functions and all mandates, to sign any attendance sheet, like all minutes of meeting and all acts related to the administration of the common parts.
To substitute and generally do what is necessary to ensure my representation at the mentioned general assembly.
To respect my instructions of vote mentioned below.Signature preceded by the ranking “authorization of power” __________________________________________________________________________________
VOTES
YES NOT ABSTENTION
QUESTION 1 ……………………… …………………………….. …………………………………………
QUESTION 2……………………... ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 3........................ ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 4........................ ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 5........................ .............................. ..........................................
QUESTION 6........................ ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 7........................ ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 8........................ ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 9 ....................... ............................... ..........................................
QUESTION 10...................... ................................ ..........................................
QUESTION 11...................... ................................ ..........................................
QUESTION 12...................... ................................ ..........................................
QUESTION 13..................... ................................. ..........................................
QUESTION 14..................... ................................. ..........................................
QUESTION 15..................... ................................. ..........................................
QUESTION 16.................... ................................. …………………………………………

I

Iba

Saidia AP2

Haaz,

I havnt received a copy of the letter that you have mentioned; however reading what you have posted, I must say I hardly understand a word of it.

Will let you know when I receive it and I would suggest that we keep this forum updated regularly with all thoughts and comments.

Regards

Iba

P.S. Like you, Shani will be sadly missed :(

Haaz

Haaz

Got to say we were very surprised. All I can assume is that it is aimed at those who have not paid the management fee. We decided to pay it tbh to avoid any further problems. Maybe we shouldn't have but quite frankly it is difficult to know what to do for the best!

Haaz

I

Iba

Haaz,

I too have paid the managment fee, (well I thought I had),but my bank wants to talk to me about it so Im not sure if its gone through. I had to send Paris Oujda several emails enquiring of their Bank Account Number, IBAN and Sort Code in order to complete the transfer.

I transfered to these details, do they concur with what you have:

Bank Name: ATTIJARIWAFA
Bank Address: SAIDIA MOROCCO
BIC (SWIFT) CODE: BCMAMAMC
INTERMEDIARY BIC: UNCRITMN
Account No: 007579000589100030113496

My understanding is that it is better to pay and then deal with problems later because if you dont pay there may be the possibility of the managment company taking over your premsies; anyway thats what I was told from Moroccan who is used to dealing with Managament Comapnies and Managment Fees etc. Whether the info. is correct or not Im not 100% sure but like you, I thought better safe than sorry.

Just thinking out loud, our vote in this EGM probably wont even matter if like at the time of the appointment of the managment company, Adoha/GFM still have 300 odd properties on their books, they will still have in excess of 50% of the vote and therefore our vote will mean nothing :(

Will let you know tomorrow why my bank is looking to conatct me.

Regards
Iba

Haaz

Haaz

I will check the details. We have certainly heard nothing from our bank saying the payment didn't get through.

I agree with you entirely about "voting". That is why we are naturally concerned.

Haaz

K

ktg

Hi,

We are owners on AP4 and as you probably know we also have PO as our management company. We have also received the same e-mail from them but our meeting is scheduled for Sunday the 31st. We, like you Iba, don't really understand it. We are in e-mail contact with 5 other owners on AP4 and a couple of them are sharing real concerns over this meeting. We also paid our fees but were reluctant to pay the last installment, which was due at the end of September, due to the non payment by Excellia. We contacted PO to ask how they propose to recover these monies from Excellia and they replied that they were in contact with a lawyer. We are going to pay our fees next week on the assumption that they are going to take action. Even though we don't want to carry people like Excellia by paying more money we also don't want to make the situation worse. We really do not know how to proceed as far as this meeting is concerned, we want to rent our apartment so question number 6 concerns us the most. How can we vote if we do not know what the rental rules are going to be. As I say we are in contact with other owners, so if anything arises that I think is of any importance I will post on here.

Regards

Ktg

Haaz

Haaz

Hi Ktg

Are you in touch with anyone who is resident there or a regular visitor? It would be good to hear from someone who has actually talked to PO to ask the reasoning behind the meeting.

For our part, we are not going to be able to attend the meeting and i see little point in contacting PO directly by email to ask what is going on. We really need someone "on the ground".

Haaz

K

ktg

Hi Haaz,

No unfortunately I don't. We too will be unable to attend. We have contacted the company that now looks after our apartment since Shani has gone to see if they can shed any light on the rental question. I will post if anything concrete comes back.

regards Ktg

I

Iba

Hi Haaz and KTG,

Ive been informed by my bank that my Transfer to PO did not go through. I contacted PO by email asking them for their bank details (I had previously transferred exactly to the bank details that PO had previously sent me by email) but I have recived no reply. I would be most grateful if you could check what bank account details you sent your transfers too and compare them to the account/details that I sent mine too.

Still have not received the letter that you have both referred to from PO.

I look forward to haering from you.

Regards

Brian

Haaz

Haaz

Hi Iba

I have found the details but i am reluctant to post on teh forum. Do you have an email address I could send to? I can't figure out how to send a PM on this site. I can find my inbox but not how to send a message.

Maybe we need to be on each others friend list or something.

Haaz

C

Cockatooz

Hi all

I was given the same IBAN and BIC/Swift that Iba had above, it was given to me by PO. Are we saying that this is the incorrect transfer details?

Haaz

Haaz

I have just checked and the IBAN number matches the one I have. The funds have left our account in August. I have emailed PO today just to double check they have recorded this money as "received". Certainly someone has it!

The only other information given to me not included in Iba's post was:

COMPTE : 0589 a 000301134
INTITULE:(ORDER) SYNDICAT DE COPRPRIETE AP2 AL WAHA

Does this help?

Haaz

I

Iba

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies.

No Im not saying monies were transfered to wrong accounts; Im just saying that my bank informed me that my transfer did not go through using the details that I supplied, (posted above),and I just wanted to check if I had the right details etc. It seems that the details that I have for PO concur with what you guys have, so Ill just have to try with my bank again. Thanks for your help on this matter. (I did of course email PO on this matter, but they never replied).

On the other matter, I still have not received a letter for the EGM but would b einterested in forming a plan of action with you guys regarding same.

Regards

Iba

Haaz

Haaz

Apparently Morrocco is not part of the international IBAN network. However, the long reference number starting 0075 is correct and should be used.

Haaz

I

Iba

Hi Haaz,

Yes thats what my bank used, the number 007579000589100030113496 as this is what PO quoted me as their IBAN. The following are the details exactly as they appear on my SWIFT Transfer Receipt from my bank, I really do not know what is wrong:

Beneficiary Account Details
Bank Name: ATTIJARIWAFA
Bank Address: SAIDIA MOROCCO
BIC (SWIFT Code): BCMAMAMC
Intermediary BIC: UNCRITMN
Receiver BIC: No Data Entered
Sort Code: No Data Entered
Account Number: 007579000589100030113496

Regards

Iba

C

Cockatooz

Hi Iba

What do you have in mind regarding "forming a plan of action with you guys regarding same"?

I also concur with Haaz, it would be good to hear from someone/anyone who has spoken to PO or even better, someone who will be attending this meeting

I

Iba

Cockatooz,

Well as I mentioned previously I hardly understand the contents of the letter as posted by Haaz; and as yet I have not even received one. I hope that I will get a copy in French which may be easier to understand; I imagine that POs attempts at translating from French into English are not of the highest standard.

I agree that having someone on site would be a tremedous adavantage to understand what is going on, but since Shani has left, I dont know anyone else, cause Im sure Shani would have done an excellent job at explaing to me/us what exactly PO are upto; besides the obvious of trying to control all business going on in AP2.

In my opinion, PO are not out to serve our interests, as they should be doing, but their own. And Id also hazard a guess that what ever proposals/changes they wish to effect they will achieve as I understand that approx. 50% of the apartments are still unsold and therefore GFM/Adoha will have the majority vote and will side with PO. But it would of course be nice to really know and understand what is going on.

Im just praying that in 2 years time, when POs contract comes up for renewal, (as far as I understand the sitauation),the real apartment owners, such as you and I, will have the majority voting rights and will be able to elect the managment agency that we want.

Right now I just hope that an apartment owner on site or one that fully understands what is going on, comes across this forum and joins in. I have incidentally searched other forums regarding this EGM and have found nothing mentioned.

Regards

Iba

Haaz

Haaz

Is it worth us emailing PO and explaining that we have concerns that some owners have not received notice and that it would be helpful for them to provide some report or explanatory note in connection with the resolutions to assist those that may wish to vote by proxy.

Whilst writing this, I know what everyone will be saying..."waste of time". I agree of course but ever the optimist I think it is worth seeing that if we as owners start working constructively with them they may start working constructively with us (even though I know the chances are remote!).

We could do an email including details of all the owners we represent (as many as possible) setting out our wishes.

Any thoughts?

As an aside, has Shani actually left Saidia or simply keeping her down?

Regards

Haaz

I

Iba

Haaz,

Yes I think that is a good idea - but also a waste of time, (considering they dont even reply to me when I ask them how to send them money) - but nevertheless I think we should do it.

Perhaps leave it until next week to see if we can get any more names on board though before asking them for an explanatory note etc.

But Im going to email them now, from a personal standpoint and just say ' I understnad that an EGM is convened for DATE but I have not received any formal notification of same. Therefore can you please provide me with a formal notification of the upcoming EGM as a matter of urgency'.

Regards

Iba

Haaz

Haaz

Iba, you could also ask if they will provide at least some explanation or justification for convening the meeting.

Unfortuntaly, I don't know any other owners other than those that have been posting on this thread.

There was a chap I think out at Saidia who was doing property maintenance and knew Shani fairly well. I think he was called David. Is he still there do you know?

Haaz