Flights

L

Leila

Hi last time I looked the prices were about the same for the ferry or flying. The ferries can also we cancelled due to the sea conditions which they quite often are.
I had planned to take the ferry but it had broken down and was not functioning for at least a couple of weeks. It is £25 for foreigners and you don't seem to be able to buy a ticket on-line. The bus, however is £8.50 if you don't mind the 12 hour trip!!!

L

Leila

I am absolutely furious!!!! I have just been on a site that I usually use and the flight prices to hurghada for the summer hols - July / august are over £810+ ++++. what on earth are companies thinking of - no one will pay those prices. I think the max I have paid is around £500.
Some of the ideas on here have been good - like flying from Brussels. what about other european countries - or - as leila said - sharm to hurghada. Are these daily flights leila from sharm to hurghada? still angry!!!!
No, not daily, about 4 times a week. The planes seem to stop off in Hurghada between Cairo and Sharm and between Alexandria and Sharm. Have been thinking that it may be better to book a cheap package deal, just to use the flight prices and not use the accommodation! :D

S

SuziQ2708

I know most are trying to look at this latest news with an optimistic view and I don't want to dampen spirits, but the fact is that with no doubt loosing the ability to purchase reasonably priced flights direct from the UK to Hurghada will have a 'knock on' effect on rentals. As a perfect example myself, I was considering purchasing flights and renting an apartment seperately for next years summer holiday. Even with direct flights getting to Hurghada is virtually a full day travelling. Unless this situation with direct flights improves shortly, I, along with many others I suspect, will be going for the all in package deal again. Hopefully the situation will improve very soon :eek:

J

johnwayne

Banned
flights from Europe?

I know most are trying to look at this latest news with an optimistic view and I don't want to dampen spirits, but the fact is that with no doubt loosing the ability to purchase reasonably priced flights direct from the UK to Hurghada will have a 'knock on' effect on rentals. As a perfect example myself, I was considering purchasing flights and renting an apartment seperately for next years summer holiday. Even with direct flights getting to Hurghada is virtually a full day travelling. Unless this situation with direct flights improves shortly, I, along with many others I suspect, will be going for the all in package deal again. Hopefully the situation will improve very soon :eek:
I think you are quite right Suzanne - it will have a knock on effect for a while. Wouldn't it be nice if easyjet took this route all year. Danny was talking about flights from Brussels to Hurghada - maybe this is what we should be thinking of for a while. Does anyone know of any other European city that flies to Hurghada - I think from Rome there is one?

N

nubianqueen

go on join the locals on the ferry, you will never forget it and it will be an experience for you from the egyptian point of view and living, i am going to go for it at some point cant wait.

nubianqueen

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all for those that are looking for other options - this is not an advertising etc ploy - but my apartment is available to all forum members if they need to stay in Sharm overnight to help you out.

C

CMChris

Hubby's diving trip is on. They are flying to Cairo and taking the overnight bus to Hurghada, I did suggest flying but all the seats are booked from Cairo to Hurghada for that date so I guess he'll have a numb botty by the time he gets there lol

P

philthecar

I hope we are not the only ones with dampened spirits at the moment but if you are thinking of renting your apt outs in the future we cant see people travelling here there and everywhere there will be little option for the same. Dont even fancy doing it ourselves really especially when you only have limited amount of time from work last thing i want to do is waste two days of my holiday travelling. Lets hope the situation with flights improve and quickly although at moment cheapest alternative to our original planned holiday is not far off 300 more than previously

D

danny

Hi all for those that are looking for other options - this is not an advertising etc ploy - but my apartment is available to all forum members if they need to stay in Sharm overnight to help you out.
Jet2 start flights from Manchester to Sharm on the 26th October 2008 and from Leeds/Bradford February 13th 2009.

D

danny

Jet2 start flights from Manchester to Sharm on the 26th October 2008 and from Leeds/Bradford February 13th 2009.
Globespan start flights from Glasgow to Hurghada in November through to April. I think that they are scheduled.

R

r0ckcrew

Hi Danny,

The Globespan flights from Glasgow - Hurghada are now all year round.... Assuming they dont go bust as well !!!!

/Tommy

M

M Butler

Hi Danny,

The Globespan flights from Glasgow - Hurghada are now all year round.... Assuming they dont go bust as well !!!!

/Tommy
Hi all, Haven't been on for ages as I have been moving into El Gouna - no computer and back in London for 9 weeks - no computer!!! Back in El Gouna and now fully connected.

Tommy, this is great news for me as I have to go to Glasgow next month - as long as they do get off the ground. My hubby, Neil, saw on the internet today that the bookies are taking bets on Air Berlin being the next airline to go bust.

I have not caught up yet with everything but have people in the Heathrow area thought about using BMI to Cairo and Egypt Air to Hurghada? Costs around £350 and the BMI flight leaves London at 9am approx which leaves enough Egypt Air flights to Hurghada to allow for delays. As these guys are in bed together, delays are not a problem as they will put you on the next available flight - which happened to my sister in law last week.

Hope this helps.

Margaret

L

Lsab

Hello Margaret,

Lovely to see you back with us and so glad that you are at last in your new home.

Oddly enough I was just thinking about you yesterday. We're hoping to go to Cairo in a few months but don't want to stay with the relatives for a change. I was thinking that if Maragaret was still around maybe she could suggest a good hotel that won't break the bank!!.... and here you are.

Best wishes
Linda

M

M Butler

Hi Danny,

/Tommy
Just been on the website and they look as though they are still only flying from the 5th November until 29th April. Has there been an announcement?

cheers,
Margaret

D

danny

Just been on the website and they look as though they are still only flying from the 5th November until 29th April. Has there been an announcement?

cheers,
Margaret
On their route page it shows next summers timetable which includes Hurghada still.

Georgina

Georgina

Gatwick/Hurghada

This website is showing flights Gatwick to Hurghada every Friday for summer 2009 with a VIK flight number (Viking Airways?) Kiss Flights for Agents . Prices are coming up at 379 GBP return in July.

Also showing from Manchester too.

And Gatwick and Manchester to Sharm El Sheikh

Last edited:
J

johnwayne

Banned
thanks for the info on kiss flights. I also noted you can buy extra luggage for 'one way'!

D

dave99

easyjet - Dec only £255 return

just booked 2 weeks dec with easyjet for £255 return with 20 kg luggage - seems like a good deal.

anyone got a better price from gatwick.

also no weight restriction on hand lugggage (limited size bag)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi we got flight with them from Gatwick £180 return 16th til 27th Dec but it has now gone up to nearly £500 each for the same flights!

D

dave99

what was included

Hi we got flight with them from Gatwick £180 return 16th til 27th Dec but it has now gone up to nearly £500 each for the same flights!
did that include 1 hold case and priority boarding

- these are extra cost of about £40 on top of basic cost.