Flights

S

samui13

Hi dave, do your flights cover the xmas period. Stew wants to get out there for a week over Christmas (he has to take a weeks leave so wants to make the most of it). I have to stay at work!!!!

At the moment the cheapest flight I can find for that week is nearly £500 EEEK

S

SuziQ2708

Greedy Airlines

Flights are just getting way out of control, particularly to Hurghada from Gatwick. I've watched them rise over the past few weeks from £338 pp for two weeks July 2009 up to £405 pp. Viking (a Swedish airline) seem to have taken the charter slot that XL had before they went bust. I've checked other airlines and they're even more expensive. FlyThomasCook are currently asking £455 pp for the same dates and similar times and Thomson are over £500 :eek: The way its looking at the moment, with 4 flights to buy, we have no chance of taking a summer holiday in Hurghada next year and being able to check on the progress of our investment :(

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi it didnt include speedy boarding - the plane we flew on in June with them had larger seat pitch than XL because they are the old BA planes. Speedy boarding was chaos - everyone pushing and shoving and still doesnt guarantee extra legroom seat. They are available to everyone and if 50% of the plane books these you dont stand a chance.

D

dave99

not over xmas

Hi dave, do your flights cover the xmas period. Stew wants to get out there for a week over Christmas (he has to take a weeks leave so wants to make the most of it). I have to stay at work!!!!

At the moment the cheapest flight I can find for that week is nearly £500 EEEK

no xmas this booking

- could have booked to return on boxing day for same price but did not want that.

prices change each day it seems.
early dec is usually cheapest time of year to most places.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Check your Easy Jet Booking

Hi all.

If you have booked with Easyjet please check your booking online by clicking on the manage bookings. I have just done this and found that my return flight on 27th Dec has been cancelled. I have not received an email about this. Luckily I was able to get on a flight the next day so works out great as we get an extra day and night. They will transfer the flight free of charge. If I didnot check when I did the flights home could have been fully booked and I would have had to cancel with a full refund.

C

CMChris

This website is showing flights Gatwick to Hurghada every Friday for summer 2009 with a VIK flight number (Viking Airways?) Kiss Flights for Agents . Prices are coming up at 379 GBP return in July.

Also showing from Manchester too.

And Gatwick and Manchester to Sharm El Sheikh
My hubby is flying Viking next Friday cos of XL going down. They will be having a 1hour stopover in Athens to refuel. I'll let you know what HE thinks of the flight.

W

wayne_harris

Hi all.

If you have booked with Easyjet please check your booking online by clicking on the manage bookings. I have just done this and found that my return flight on 27th Dec has been cancelled. I have not received an email about this. Luckily I was able to get on a flight the next day so works out great as we get an extra day and night. They will transfer the flight free of charge. If I didnot check when I did the flights home could have been fully booked and I would have had to cancel with a full refund.
Hi Alison. I have 3 flights booked with them in total, I have just checked them all and it doesn't say anything. What did it actually say, just incase I'm not reading it properly. I would of thought they would of contacted you to let you know in advance.

Cheers Dawn

queenie40something

queenie40something

H Dawn it said flight disrupted / cancelled. Check your flights that they have a green tick next to them if they have a red cross it means they have been cancelled xx

If there are any probs it will show what to do on the far right hand column x

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi Dawn & Queenie - I am also going with easyjet - think the same time as dawn in february. I have looked at the booking confirmation page and there is no green tick or red cross next to booking. I will be checking this daily - but they have my email - why don't they alert people?Then again - they had my email for any news updates on when they would be flying to Hurghada - but only heard about it the new flights they were setting up through this forum - customer service????. But beggars can't be choosy with other airlines increasing fares to astronomical heights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

wayne_harris

hi Dawn & Queenie - I am also going with easyjet - think the same time as dawn in february. I have looked at the booking confirmation page and there is no green tick or red cross next to booking. I will be checking this daily - but they have my email - why don't they alert people?Then again - they had my email for any news updates on when they would be flying to Hurghada - but only heard about it the new flights they were setting up through this forum - customer service????. But beggars can't be choosy with other airlines increasing fares to astronomical heights!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Johnwayne
I have checked aswell and there is nothing on ours either. I may send them an email and ask if flights are ok. They should contact us to inform us if flights are cancelled? because I dont think they are in trouble.

Cheers Dawn

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I have checked my flights for next week and they dont have a green tick or red cross. It would seem that this only appears on your flights that have been disrupted or cancelled like my one 27th Dec. I can only assume that as they had 3 planes going out that day they did not get the flight booked up and cancelled it - even though they have a couple of months to fill it??

So your flights are defo ok if the cross and tick arent showing. It also will state at the top disrupted / cancelled flights and if you arent seeing this again your flight is fine xx

I am defo going to buy the annual insuance that will cover us for airline failure and it is only £24 for the year for the 3 of us. Although Excess is £50 each at least you will get some money back if any other airlines go bust.

Rumours are that flyglobespan are favourites to go next. xx

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

Just received an email from Easyjet - indeed they have now informed me:

We are writing to let you know that we have had to reschedule some of our flights. Unfortunately, your flight is one of those affected.

Booking Number: EDNZ31R

Affected flights:

Flight Date - Flight No. - Dept. Airport - Arriv. Airport - Dept. Time - Arriv. Time

27/12/2008 - 8854 - SSH - LGW - 19:25 - 23:15

We would like to offer you one of the following in accordance with our obligations under EC Regulation 261/2004:

Please click here to see the different options offered to you. If you decide that a refund is the best option for you, please ensure you cancel your travel insurance and/or car rental, if any.

We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience these changes may cause you. Please be assured that we do understand the problems that can arise from these situations and that the decision to do this was our last option.

Yours sincerely

W

wayne_harris

Thanks for that Alison. I didn't want to go down that route again!!! LOl

Dawn

K

kieranbarr

My hubby is flying Viking next Friday cos of XL going down. They will be having a 1hour stopover in Athens to refuel. I'll let you know what HE thinks of the flight.

Can you give me more details (like how to book) about Viking flying to Hurghada
I have checked there Website but can't find flights from UK:)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Girls you're welcome. Hlad I still checked tho. How many people received that email yesterday and were trying to get on another flight!!

Hi Keiran - Georgina posted this link for Kiss that had flights with Viking Kiss Flights for Agents

K

kieranbarr

Thanks for the advise, I will check out Viking and flightline, anyone else got any info on Summer flights 2009, let me know

queenie40something

queenie40something

Flythomas Cook have some cheap deals in Jan some flights going out from Gat to Sharm start from £125.99 and return from just £72.99 incl taxes

eg 12th til 19th for 2 adults 397.96 - 12th til 26th 411 for 2.

D

dave99

Airline insurance

Hi I have checked my flights for next week and they dont have a green tick or red cross. It would seem that this only appears on your flights that have been disrupted or cancelled like my one 27th Dec. I can only assume that as they had 3 planes going out that day they did not get the flight booked up and cancelled it - even though they have a couple of months to fill it??

So your flights are defo ok if the cross and tick arent showing. It also will state at the top disrupted / cancelled flights and if you arent seeing this again your flight is fine xx

I am defo going to buy the annual insuance that will cover us for airline failure and it is only £24 for the year for the 3 of us. Although Excess is £50 each at least you will get some money back if any other airlines go bust.

Rumours are that flyglobespan are favourites to go next. xx
Is the airline insurance better than paying by Credit Crad - I think you get ALL your money back from the card company if ANY supplier goes bust.