Flights

P

propertastic

There's a lot of info here about getting from the UK to Hurghada and back, but what about Hurghada to the UK and back?

Thomas Cook's website only seems to work if you are departing from the UK as it doesn't give Hurghada as a startingpoint for a trip.

Ideally we're trying to get to Birmingham on KoralBlue for August Bank Holiday weekend, but haven't found out how to do it.

KoralBlue's website doesn't work, their office (a dirty apartment in Mubarek 2) is never open, the guy there who gave us his phone number never answers his phone and the travel agencies here only seem to handle inbound, so aren't much use at all.

If anyone has any tips on how to book trips back to the UK (on KoralBlue or any other airline) please let me know as it is starting to get very frustrating.

Georgina

Georgina

I cannot fly from Hurghada until Easy Jet starts because I am over the time limit for leaving on charter flights so would have to go via Cairo with Egypt Air or British Airways or via Europe with a scheduled flight

Koralblue Airlines Contact Us

D

danny

Koral Blue are chartered by Thomas Cook so you cannot book a ticket directly with them. Again Thomas Cook have cornered the market, roll on easyjet arrival, that'll sort them out hopefully.

The best I have found was Cairo to Heathrow for £250 with Egyptair and it seems to be a daily service.

P

propertastic

Has anyone tried going to the Thomas Cook office in town and trying to book them through there?

The prices from Cairo don't sound too bad, but Cairo airport is something that I want to try and avoid if at all possible. It's complete bedlam.

I think the next strategy is to look at flying somewhere in to continental Europe and then RyanAiring it in from there. Has anyone tried looking at these options before?

M

majicou

Have you tried flying from Sharm - know it would be a hassle getting there but maybe a better option than Cairo? When we have previously been in Sharm we have seen cheap (one way) flights advertised at the airport. Was also talking to a british guy who works there and when returning to UK to see his wife etc. he gets a one way flight each time in order to get the cheapest deal - although he did say this was easier as he had some flexibility on when to travel. I have also noticed that some companies in UK offer one way flights to Hurghada and are usually recognised if they do not have a number of nights stated or show 00 nights.

D

danny

I got a oneway ticket from Thomas Cook here at BlueSky offices opposite the Esplanade. They do a standard ticket @ £195 including taxes and inflight meal. Their policy however is not to sell to anyone whose stay has exceeded 90 days.

P

propertastic

Thanks for the tip, Danny. I will pop down to their office later today to see what they have on offer.

P

propertastic

Have you tried flying from Sharm - know it would be a hassle getting there but maybe a better option than Cairo? When we have previously been in Sharm we have seen cheap (one way) flights advertised at the airport. Was also talking to a british guy who works there and when returning to UK to see his wife etc. he gets a one way flight each time in order to get the cheapest deal - although he did say this was easier as he had some flexibility on when to travel. I have also noticed that some companies in UK offer one way flights to Hurghada and are usually recognised if they do not have a number of nights stated or show 00 nights.
I thought about flying from Sharm.

The problem is that there are not so many flights between Hurghada and Sharm as there are to Cairo. There's no way that I would trust the ferry either as currently it seems to be out of service more often than it is in.

V

vix

There's a lot of info here about getting from the UK to Hurghada and back, but what about Hurghada to the UK and back?

Thomas Cook's website only seems to work if you are departing from the UK as it doesn't give Hurghada as a startingpoint for a trip.

Ideally we're trying to get to Birmingham on KoralBlue for August Bank Holiday weekend, but haven't found out how to do it.

KoralBlue's website doesn't work, their office (a dirty apartment in Mubarek 2) is never open, the guy there who gave us his phone number never answers his phone and the travel agencies here only seem to handle inbound, so aren't much use at all.

If anyone has any tips on how to book trips back to the UK (on KoralBlue or any other airline) please let me know as it is starting to get very frustrating.
I looked at the easyjet website the other day and the 1st flight of the season appears to be Hurghada /Gatwick. Very cheap, only about £100 one way, all in.

P

propertastic

That will be great, but we're trying to get out in three weeks and so it's going to be too early for EasyJet :-(

J

Jules334

Hi,
Have a friend been looking for flights from Manchester 25th Sept,or shortly after for two weeks.Cheapest is round about £340 pp.Anyone found anything better?Sorry,flight going to Hurghada....
Jules.

N

nubianqueen

hi jules

i am wondering if because it will be around the ending of remadan and the eid celebrations if there is a possibility of prices going up as egyptians go home to celebrate, i too will be looking for flights around that time but from london, sorry i dont know any cheaper flights than that, i am particularly going by egypt air, because their luggage allowance is more generous going out of england, does anybody realise that, approximately 60 kilos!

nubian queen

W

wayne_harris

Hi Did some one on here say that you cannot get out of Hurghada on a charter flight? I am worried now because I think we are going to Hurghada on a charter flight and back. We booked with Travel Republic. I don't understand, surely if you booked charter flights, they would of told us if we couldn't fly back with them. Or have I got it all wrong?

Dawn

D

dave99

Misunderstanding

Hi Did some one on here say that you cannot get out of Hurghada on a charter flight? I am worried now because I think we are going to Hurghada on a charter flight and back. We booked with Travel Republic. I don't understand, surely if you booked charter flights, they would of told us if we couldn't fly back with them. Or have I got it all wrong?

Dawn
Dawn

You will be OK on a UK to Hurghada return trip.

I think you have been reading about someone who wants to START a return trip from Hurghada to the UK - the UK tour companies only book from UK and back.

W

wayne_harris

You must have posted this as I was replying . Just flown Easyjet last weekend so I am familiar with their confusing pricing tactics.;)
Hi Crombie, Wayne's boss has agreed to let him have a couple of extra days after all, so we have booked to go in December aswell with easyjet!!! Did you say you are going over in September?

Dawn

W

wayne_harris

Hi Dave99,
Thank you. Yes you are right, I found the post and it was to do with if you were in egypt for a length of time, you are not allowed to get a charter flight back to the uk. Does any one know why this is? I would like to know because eventualy we want to stay in egypt for 6 months at a time.

Cheers Dawn

R

r0ckcrew

Hi Wayne,

Globespan allow you to book one way flights from Hurghada / Sharm - Glasgow..

Rgds

Tommy

P

philthecar

anybody got any tips on cheap flights from Manchester. Everybody seems to be getting deals at gatwick but we live in north wales and too far to travel ?

aisha24

aisha24

hi jules

i am wondering if because it will be around the ending of remadan and the eid celebrations if there is a possibility of prices going up as egyptians go home to celebrate, i too will be looking for flights around that time but from london, sorry i dont know any cheaper flights than that, i am particularly going by egypt air, because their luggage allowance is more generous going out of england, does anybody realise that, approximately 60 kilos!

nubian queen
In reply to this post I think if you look at thia link you will see that you can only get 60kgs if you hold an Egyptair plus Gold/Siver card. Not for mere mortals unfortunatley......EgyptAir » Travel Information » Baggage » Baggage Allowance

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hi Crombie, Wayne's boss has agreed to let him have a couple of extra days after all, so we have booked to go in December aswell with easyjet!!! Did you say you are going over in September?

Dawn
Hi Dawn

Yes we will be going for 2 weeks from 18th Sept ,flying with Excel and costing twice as much as our March flights . The easyjet flights are rapidly rising in price but are still better value than the charters at the moment

David