Flights

W

wayne_harris

Hi - can anyone help me on an easyjet question please. Have just booked us on some cheap flights and have paid for the hold luggage - 20kgs - but what about hand luggage is it part of the hold luggage allowance? or is it extra?

also - on the print out page 2 - it says 'each hold bag is charged at £10 per bag at the airport? do we have to pay again for the luggage? a very confused individual.
Hi Ya, We have just booked with easy jet for the feb half term week and within half an hour of waiting to book ours they went up about £5 each! Still its a good price for half term at £203 each. And like you we don't know if we prepaid for luggage or not, so will have to phone to check.

Dawn

W

wayne_harris

Hi Johnwayne,
I just phoned easyjet and we have already booked our hold luggage which allows you 20kg. Your hand luggage (1 per person) is free, no weight restriction but there is a measurement restriction. How cool is that!! Cant wait to take the kids in Feb!!

Dawn

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hi Ya, We have just booked with easy jet for the feb half term week and within half an hour of waiting to book ours they went up about £5 each! Still its a good price for half term at £203 each. And like you we don't know if we prepaid for luggage or not, so will have to phone to check.

Dawn
Dawn

The cost of 1 hold bag each at 20 Kilos is added automatically ,as is travel insurance .Unless you have purposefully removed the hold baggage ,you have already paid .If you look at your confirmation E Mail it will say the following under your flight details

2 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined
The 2 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 2 hold bag(s) for each flight on this booking. The total hold weight must not exceed 40 kg.

L

lovesquadsue

Good allowance too 20kg - Thomas Cook only allow 15kg and if you want to upgrade to 20KG you have to pay an extra 7.50 each way!! GO EASYJET thats what i say!
Fingers crossed they introduce flights to Hurghada from Liverpool or Manchester soon but for now its still cheaper for us to drive down to gatwick, stay over in a hotel the night before and park the car than it is to pay for flights from Manchester - how bad is that!!
SUe x

W

wayne_harris

Dawn

The cost of 1 hold bag each at 20 Kilos is added automatically ,as is travel insurance .Unless you have purposefully removed the hold baggage ,you have already paid .If you look at your confirmation E Mail it will say the following under your flight details

2 Hold bag(s) per flight between all passengers combined
The 2 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 2 hold bag(s) for each flight on this booking. The total hold weight must not exceed 40 kg.
Cheers Crombiestone, yes we have paid for them. Not bad at all!!

Dawn

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hi Johnwayne,
I just phoned easyjet and we have already booked our hold luggage which allows you 20kg. Your hand luggage (1 per person) is free, no weight restriction but there is a measurement restriction. How cool is that!! Cant wait to take the kids in Feb!!

Dawn
You must have posted this as I was replying . Just flown Easyjet last weekend so I am familiar with their confusing pricing tactics.;)

W

wayne_harris

You must have posted this as I was replying . Just flown Easyjet last weekend so I am familiar with their confusing pricing tactics.;)
Hi, Yes they are confusing. But I'm so excited now, we are going out with no kids in September for handover etc, then we off with kids, 5 of them in Feb! Can't wait, I haven't been to egypt as yet.

Dawn

crombiestone

crombiestone

Hi, Yes they are confusing. But I'm so excited now, we are going out with no kids in September for handover etc, then we off with kids, 5 of them in Feb! Can't wait, I haven't been to egypt as yet.

Dawn
Good Luck with the handover ! I am still smiling over how cheap these filghts are .Unfortunately we dont have enough holidays to go any more :( (unless we squeeze in a cheeky weeekend -I don't know if I can justify the costs for 3 nights)

PS Easyjet forget Manchester as your next route to Hurghada - Newcastle please :p

S

SuziQ2708

Good Luck with the handover ! I am still smiling over how cheap these filghts are .Unfortunately we dont have enough holidays to go any more :( (unless we squeeze in a cheeky weeekend -I don't know if I can justify the costs for 3 nights)

PS Easyjet forget Manchester as your next route to Hurghada - Newcastle please :p
Actually, move over Crombie, I say easyjet do Birmingham - Hurghada next LOL :p

R

Razzel

Fly thomascook.co.uk

For a great weekend away, try phoning flythomascook,com on a Weds night or Thurs morning, if there is unsold availibility they split unsold holidays and take the flights out, I have been twice recently for under £220 return from Manchester -Friday to Tuesday night.

Andrew

L

Lsab

Hi Razzel

Just catching up on the posts and I see that you are a new member - welcome to the forum and thanks for the info. Do you live in Hurghada? I saw that you have property there - may I ask where? If you have time it would be great if you could introduce yourself on the Introductions thread at the top of page 1. It's always interesting to meet new members and that particular thread is one of the best for meeting everyone.

If you have any problems finding your way around the forum please feel free to ask one of the mods for help - myself and Alison (queenie40something).

Look forward to lots more posts from you.

Best wishes
Linda

J

johnwayne

Banned
For a great weekend away, try phoning flythomascook,com on a Weds night or Thurs morning, if there is unsold availibility they split unsold holidays and take the flights out, I have been twice recently for under £220 return from Manchester -Friday to Tuesday night.

Andrew
Hi there and welcome! how does this work please. do you have to fly immediately - or is there a window of dates? thanks - these are good prices too.

S

SuziQ2708

If you use Flightline.co.uk this website also picks up the easyjet flights and seems slightly less confusing to book :eek:

D

dave99

Is this for Hurghada or Sharm

Andrew
Is this for Hurghada or Sharm

Georgina

Georgina

I am assuming Easy Jet is charter as it has four numbers in the flight number? It allows you to book HRG - LGW - HRG but I can't leave on a charter flight from Hurghada due to their silly rule about only leaving scheduled if you have been in Egypt more than a month :( Guess I won't bother then and stay here :) So cheap though.
I contacted Easy Jet to ask if their service is charter or scheduled and to advise them of the problems leaving Hurghada on charter flights. This was their response:

Thank you for your email advice. At this moment EasyJet does not operate any charter flights to Egypt or any other destination, therefore our passangers won't have any problems with coming back home.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Miss Cole. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely

-Dorota Babs-
Customer Services Representative

Which must mean they are scheduled :) Hmmmmm. Now do I really want to go back? It is such a shame that even with such cheap prices I cannot get my brother, his wife and two children to visit me in such a beautiful place as El Gouna :( Always hit with the same questions, how long is the flight? What about mosquitos? What about injections? By which time the price for the tickets had risen 150 pounds for 4 people :mad:

D

danny

That sounds encouraging, I am about to pass my 3 months here and was considering flying to Jordan for a day in the next couple of months to get my passport stamped for re-entry into Egypt, this hopefully will stop me having to mess around and I can fly back to Gatwick without worrying about how long I have been her now.

Danny

I contacted Easy Jet to ask if their service is charter or scheduled and to advise them of the problems leaving Hurghada on charter flights. This was their response:

Thank you for your email advice. At this moment EasyJet does not operate any charter flights to Egypt or any other destination, therefore our passangers won't have any problems with coming back home.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Miss Cole. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely

-Dorota Babs-
Customer Services Representative

Which must mean they are scheduled :) Hmmmmm. Now do I really want to go back? It is such a shame that even with such cheap prices I cannot get my brother, his wife and two children to visit me in such a beautiful place as El Gouna :( Always hit with the same questions, how long is the flight? What about mosquitos? What about injections? By which time the price for the tickets had risen 150 pounds for 4 people :mad:

D

danny

Flights/Travel

I was just looking at National Express prices for us Northerners to link up with easyjet Gatwick.

You could get a coach return from Manchester to Gatwick for as little as £23.50. If you are coming as a couple it beats petrol and hotel prices.

Manchester 00.30am Friday arrives Gatwick @ 7.20am
Gatwick 01.00am Saturday arrives Manchester @ 6.50am

J

jojo

a bit of info guys, ive just booked a flight with xl departing this tuesday and coming back on saturday for £260 which is a pretty good deal for a last minute flight. they are still available so if anyone wants to pop over to sharm to sort a few things out its not a bad price for this time of year. there are flights on at the moment from bristol to sharm leaving on the 31st july for 5 nights for £196 return.
jo

W

wayne_harris

Thanks Crombiestone. We are smiling too, the price is great, we were thinking we'd never beable to take the kids during half term because of the flight prices. We were going to go again in December with them prices, but unfortunately Wayne couldn't get time off work. :(

Cheers Dawn