A Place in The Sun's 20 Best Money Making Locations

How many of you have either bought or are seriously considering any of these markets?

• 01. Romania *** Winner ***

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 02. Poland

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 03. Portugal

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 04. Baltic States

• 05. Sweden

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 06. Belgium

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 07. Slovakia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 08. Slovenia

• 09. Finland

• 10. Hungary

• 11. Luxembourg

• 12. Germany

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 13. Czech Republic

• 14. Ireland

• 15. Austria

• 16. Netherlands

• 17. France

• 18. Italy

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • 19. Spain

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 20. Cyprus

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Investy - re Turkey What's your source of info as they've got it all wrong!
1) Season is 10 months for parts of the coast. Weather varies in this country enormously but areas of most investor activity include Antalya, Mugla and Aydin - all sun drenched for 10 months and average 330 days of sunshine per year. One of the longest "seasons" available. Other two main areas of investment are Istanbul and Izmir which have less favourable weather but when you meantion a "season" it usually refer to summer holiday locations and these are warm all year round. The coldest most of the coastal resorts went to this year was about 6 in the day and minus 1 at night but even that was just for a couple of days.
2)Over supply - hmmn? Certainly a good supply to meet the 600,000 domestic dwelling deficit plus the increase in demand from foreign purchasers but no evidence of over-supply as units tend to move very quickly here.
3) No mortgages - incorrect - available in the UK and Turkey - probably all over Europe but as I've only resided in those two countries recently, I haven't up to date facts on availability of mortgages in other countries for Turkish property.
4) Long flights? - it's about 4 hours from the UK. Where are you based?

Don't dismiss Turkey on these grounds.....do some proper investigating. You might prefer to consider renting to the domestic market, if you think the summer season is too short here...plenty of demand, good tenants although the rent is lower than that paid by tourists who tend to come just when the charter flights are provided by the main operators...who incidentally are lengthening their flight windows to meet demand....

TH4S

TH4S

Investy - re Turkey What's your source of info as they've got it all wrong!

Sunny days,nice information,

Have been trying to tell Investy, but he dont want to listen to me,:rolleyes:

A

Andrew - Alpha

Totally Property Members Get It Right!

We'll I have to say I most certainly agree with the voting population of TotallyProperty.com over Channel 4, with 30% voting for Germany :)

Solid rental markets underpinned by internal demand,
Exceptionally low running costs,
60%+ Financing,
Berlin property one tenth the price of London property,
Worlds third wealthiest country,
Solid legal frame work,

Need anymore be said?

TH4S

TH4S

Turkey wasnt included because "A Place in the Sun" restricted the criteria to EU member countries only,
Lets do it again only with Turkey included in the poll,this time,:rolleyes:

On a foot note regular winter flights from the uk to turkey are from as little as £60,;)

S

sarahsellar

turkey turkey

every time. I own a place there myself In Gundogan on the Bodrum Peninsulaand love it. Love the people,the culture, the scenery, the history, the weather, the cheapo prices of properties compared to everywhere else..

What more can a place have..I also run a rental website and a selling properties website - so know what i am talking about..btw tuzla is the next up and coming place..hurry before you miss out..especially for anyone into golf as there is a new gold course being built there

I

investor27

I cant possibly see why Morocco is not on the list, i would class Morocco in the top 3 places for investment in 2007, any agree with me or has anyone invested / looking at investing in Morocco, if so the two Plan Azure Resort, Saidia & Port Lixus are amazing, if you need any further info feel free to send me a PM.

TH4S

TH4S

sarahsellar,
please a introduction would be nice,

Can you advice our members, what they would expect to pay for annual charges to be a member of this a new proposed gold course,

S

sarahsellar

hi there

well my name is Sarah Sellar I do holiday rentals in turkey on Vyletta Gundogan - Apartment in Gundogan, Turkey Home Page Luxurious Boutique style Apartment for 2 and sell proeprties in turkey too - Turkey5StarProperties.com Turkey Property For Sale Home Page I also work alongside Turkey Twinkles! Property - Just the best of Bodrum, Marmaris, Datca, Dalaman, Gocek, Calis, Fethiye, Antalya, Koycegiz, Kusadasi, Kemer, Altinkum. Browsing is a breeze! ... I am 38, mum to two kids, teach english at a montessori school an live nr Munich in germany - so must say I have bought in germany too!!!!! and I own a small apartment in Gundogan on the Bodrum peninsula - so bought in turkey too. AND if i had any spare dosh I would buy in Tuzla right now.

In answer to your question do not know the golfing prices..early stages, but what I do know is this - tuzla and areas surrounding are going to be a big boom.

TH4S

TH4S

Sarah,

Please can you edit or remove the links from your last post please,

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Romania is good because land is cheap but I still can't understand why anyone would want to go there. Egypt is not on the list but would definately get my vote; 365 days of sunshine, zero rainfall, no taxes and only five hours from most European capital cities. YouTube - Sahl Hasheesh premium resort community,Egypt

I

Investy

investor27 said:
I cant possibly see why Morocco is not on the list, i would class Morocco in the top 3 places for investment in 2007, any agree with me or has anyone invested / looking at investing in Morocco, if so the two Plan Azure Resort, Saidia & Port Lixus are amazing, if you need any further info feel free to send me a PM.

Exactly.

No where else can match.

The giant Government sites, especially Saidia have no competition - THIS IS GOLD FOR AN INVESTOR.

*Onsite - multiple golf courses (onsite is vital, down the road is not the same thing)

*Onsite large sandy beaches (again not down the road!)

*Vast world class sports and leisure facilities - nothing in Turkey comes even close. THIS EXTENDS THE SEASON TO YEAR ROUND.

*Huge brand new marinas

*500 shop designer shopping centres - again on site

*Short flight time - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT and why S SPain became so popular. The flight time is same as S Spain.

*On site rental agents

*11 onsite hotels - bringing 'free' eyes to site

*No further building allowed for 15 years - SO LIMITED SUPPLY OF GOVERNMENT BACKED MEGA RESORT PROPERTY

Turkey very nice, Ive been but the investment case was'nt strong enough for me.

O

opus

Poll not very reliable...

In my humble opinion, I don't think this poll is very reliable. I prefer to use research data from property companies. Knight Frank's global top five for 2007 are:

• Cyprus (south)
  • Germany
  • Slovenia
  • Slovakia
  • Russia (Moscow)

Opus

D

Donny

Latest from Channelnewsasia.

S'pore residential property prices to rise 30% by 2008: Citigroup
By Daryl Loo, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 23 April 2007 2042 hrs

SINGAPORE : Home prices in Singapore are expected to rise much more than those in Hong Kong, over the next two years, according to Citigroup.

Speaking at an Asia Pacific property conference in Singapore on Monday, Citigroup analysts say they see Singapore residential prices jumping by as much as 30 percent by 2008 compared to just 10 percent for Hong Kong.

Price tags for private homes in Singapore will be on the rise for at least the next two years, according to Citigroup.

It sees Singapore as being in the early stages of a cyclical upswing.

This is in contrast to Hong Kong, where the cycle is on the downtrend - and expected to end by 2009.

They say that Singapore prices are being driven by high occupancy rates, which have hit a record peak of 95.7 percent, and set to even climb higher over the next two years.

Wendy Koh, Director, Asia Pacific Equity Research, Citigroup, said: "If you look at the residential sector, occupancy rate right now is about 93.9 percent as at the end of 2006. If we take into account the completion this year which is only about 5,000 units, and last year's demand was about 9,000, and on annual basis the last 10-year average was about 8,000, occupancy rates should continue to rise.

"And if you take into account the 3,500 units that were sold en bloc last year, occupancy rate is actually closer to 95.5 percent last year. That is a record high as we have not seen that sort of levels before."

Citigroup expects occupancy to rise further to 96.8 percent this year, and 97.1 percent in 2008, as the level of demand far outstrips supply.

Over in the office sector, it is predicting rentals to rise 56 percent to $18.50 per square foot by the end of 2008, up from $11.80 currently.

And despite the recent run-up in property counters, Citigroup sees further upside in some choice picks.

Ms Koh said: "We like City Developments, Wing Tai, Allgreen. We also like Keppel Land for office play. For the first three stocks, it's more the residential exposure. If you look at City Dev and Wing Tai, they have been replenishing their land bank, and riding the upswing in the residential market."

Private home prices in Singapore rose 10.2 percent last year, and an estimated 4.6 percent in the first quarter of this year. - CNA/ch
For your personal info.... Enjoy reading.
Free to email me if anyone need any other property info about Singapore

D

DC

Good to Know

It would be good to know how they came up with list. The exact way they compilated. Then people could know if the weightings they give to respective categories of growth, or attractiveness was actually sound or accurate.

Let them disclose how they came to the conclusion of the list and how scientific it is or how speculatory it is. What are the determinates or ingredients, how much is hard fact and how much is emotional speculation.

It does create discussion and has made a TV programme over the subject.

M

montenegro.off.plan

Wrong list!

Where is Montenegro on list?
Montnengo is top 10 location in the world!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

singer

Morroco

Investi... I agree this place is going to score high soon I am hearing talk with lots of caution as people are still a little frightened of commiting to this location But myself have just been offered 10.000 m2 near beach for an excellent price just checking on planning but if price ok will be taking the plunge and sitting on this for 12 month.

S

sjg-brasil

Brazil is worth considering

INVESTY .. if you want the wow factor please come to Brazil again, and I can show you some properties that will not blow your budget, and although in my opinion the rental market is not very well established in the NE of Brazil just yet (only for apart/hotels etc...),although in a few years it will be, as the flights & destinations reached in Brazil from Europe & US will open right up. Having said this, I have 2 apartments that are renting just fine at the moment, and unlike EU countries, you can rent throughout the calendar year, so achieving occupancy of over 6 months during the year is a realistic proposition. My estimated rental return for year1 will be in the region of 15/20% of property value, and the capital gain will be similar. Private furnished apartments close to the beachfront are not readily available for the holiday market, whether that be for foreign or Brazilian tourists, so if you have one to rent, it's a prime target for business at present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.