Where to invest???

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sajjap

Hi

I have approx 200,000 pounds (1,200,000 dhs) in cash.

I am looking for a good investment property, I was wondering where and what could produce a good yield as well as a decent capital growth.

The property will be purely for rental purpose so achieving maximum profit is the key word.

I would really appreciate any sensible suggestions.

Best regards

Sajjap

P

P.Martins

Dear Sajjap,
I work with a developer in Natal, Brazil and I would suggest you consider investing here for many reasons, not least because in October 2007 the Brazilian banks, for the first time, started offering 25 year mortgages to Brazilian nationals. The demand for housing has since sky rocketed and while many locations can make very attractive offers of rental returns, there are few that have the demand to actually back that up. The government has been spending vast amounts of money in Natal on infrastructures such as roads, sewer system, power lines, etc, to encourage developments.
With the high demand for housing together with the World Cup coming, Natal has been chosen as one of the host cities, one can forecast a very healthy capital growth.
The demand for renting has also increased substantially. Their preferred area is Capim Macio where the local government has spent over R$ 43 million in the past couple of years on infrastructures. The area is surrounded by the most desirable shops, bars, restaurants, shopping centers, universities and within easy reach of both the business district and the tourist district. It is easy to see why the area has become so popular.
In Capim Macio you can make a ROI of 9% a year for renting only and up to 48% if you chose to rent until the World Cup in 2014 and then sell.
Still you need to be careful with whom you invest because not all the developments being built or sold off plan have all the licenses in place.
Regards
Pedro Martins

S

samsaf

I would recommend a 1 B/R in uptown MotorCity, Dubai

For 1.2 million you can easily afford a large 1BR with a huge terrace

Rentals here are 85,000 Dhs ... so if you're a resident, and you can get a mortgage, you can almost cover the mortgage payments with this kind of rental.

The reason I am advising MotorCity is due to excellent building finishes (Union Properties) and prospect for future growth... there are still no shops open and not a lot of people and now the 1BR are renting for this amount... imagine after 2-3 years when the economy really picks up

J

jags

dear do your own research.if you really want to invest go for establish communities like Dubai Marina JLT JBR DIFC or Burj Town where it is easy to rent out.prices are rock bottam at the moment.go to Dubizzle.com. you will find lots of bargain.you will have to negotiate.in my opinion DM JLT and Burj Town is the best bet.in DM you will find completed properties for 700 to 800 dhs/sft.in JLT 500 to 700dhs/sft.Burj Town will be slightly dearer but excellent finish easy to rent and sound investment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.