What's the Brexit aftermath for UK residents?

J

James29

I am a UK resident and I've been interested in investing in European Property for a while, Brexit suddenly came around quick and unexpected. How has/will this change impact UK residents like me investing in countries within the EU?

N

nmb

This is the $64 million question and at this moment in time nobody has the answer. However, while the sceptics suggest there would be excessive fees for UK investors looking to acquire European assets, will this really be the case? Surely the UK would just give a tit-for-tat response by ramping up the cost for European investors looking to the UK?

J

James29

I understand how that could be a possibility, taking advantage of Brexit to boost up their costs to UK residents. However, couldn't that also cause a black lash, putting off UK residents from investing in EU countries?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Let's not forget there are many more countries around the world to invest in other than those within Europe. Sometimes investors in the UK are too hung up on European investments.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Maybe some of the obsession with European real estate market will reduce? Let's face it, there are many other markets around the world which offer better long-term value at this moment in time.