What New Business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kerry - the best person to speak to would be Bob. He may state that you would need to be a premium agency member.

R

RedSeaInvestor

Looking at timecatchers idea - something occurs to me! If Im going to be out in Sharm full time maybe I could act as the purchasers agent. Chase developers, lawyers etc, get progress reports, provide photos, get copies of contracts etc, arrange accomodation, get furniture quotes and be the purchasers 'legs and eyes' in Sharm.
Does anybody think they could use or more to the point would pay a reasonable fee for such a service?
I think this is a great idea!

E

Ed the Druid

Hi,

My names Ed, myself and my partner Deb are in the process of buying an apartment in the mubarek 7 area of Hurghada.

I,m from Peckham Sth London originally,my partner Deb is a canadian maternity nurse,whose away on assignments all over the place

I,m now in Lovley Leafy Lingfield(East Surrey),and Deb's with me too when she's not on an assignment.

Anyway just thought i,d say wotcha and leave you with this link.
I,m thinking of asking them for a franchise operation in Hurghada lol.

Deb and Ed's Halal Pie n Mash

Got a certain ring dont it LOL

Rgds from Ed

P.S i,m a new member so i,n not allowed to post links at the moment,however do a google search for Manzes Pie & Mash Shops peckham etc etc and you'll see what i mean lol

L

Lsab

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forum! I'm going to edit one of your posts a bit then put it in the Introductions thread so everyone can 'meet' you. (Too late you already deleted - I can still do it if you'd like me to though)

If you have a look at this link you might find some helpful information to guide you around the forum: http://www.totallyproperty.com/egypt-property/7507-quick-links-new-members.html

Mr Skipsey on page 1 of this thread already beat you to the pie and mash shop - sorry about that :D so if either of you opened one, you'd have at least one customer! Had a look at the Manzes site...do they deliver to Bahrain?!

Best wishes
Linda

M

MrSkipsey

I,m from Peckham Sth London originally
P.S i,m a new member so i,n not allowed to post links at the moment,however do a google search for Manzes Pie & Mash Shops peckham etc etc and you'll see what i mean lol
Hurrah, someone else from my neck of the woods!
But Manzes? It was all about Bert's on Peckham Park Road. I always remember my old man telling me that Lil, the owner only had three fingers on her 'pie' hand.
I didnt believe him untill I was older and tall enough to see over the counter and saw her 'pie' hand with my own eyes!
Always had a crush on Jane who worked there!!!

I now live near Bexleyheath / Dartford and the only and nearest place that does excellent pie mash is the pie mash shop in Dartford.

P

propertastic

I think that a 'personal concierge' service would do really well in Egypt. I am discovering that, to get anything done over here, you need to ask at least four times, which makes even the smallest thing quite time consuming.

L

Lsab

Thanks Nick, another good idea and like a lot of them, wouldn't require too much in the way of start up capital. A good concierge would just need transport and an excellent knowledge of the area, I would think.

O

Omar

I hear About Ur.e.lawyer and i know he is completly right and he is very good in law this adbout Hurghada Dreams Properties

O

Omar

I am lawyer also in hurghada and i have more then one clients they will contact with him and they know what did he mean about the risk and they naw in safe side

L

Lsab

Hello Omar - this is not the right thread for your information. I'm not sure what you are trying to say. If I knew, I could then direct you to the right place to post your information.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hello Omar - this is not the right thread for your information. I'm not sure what you are trying to say. If I knew, I could then direct you to the right place to post your information.
I think its just advertising and y be he is e - lawyers and just come with new face to support his old talks

R

rossantony

nicks concierge idea..

hey nick we actually do have a concierge of sorts...i call him my fixer.

he will sort and source, from rentals, internet, housekeeping, ironing lady, dealing with local business etc

he is not a professional concierge but gets an A for effort.

he sorted me my new apartment on esplanada, and even helped me move by lugging the luggage, and did this for nothing! i tried to give him cash but he wouldnt take any!

his name is hussain but we call him max ( from hart to hart geddit? )

speaks perfect english, and egyptian..and i trust him.

max is available through me..

R

rossantony

I would like to see...

somebody open up a boutique styled hotel, as all the hotels here are big, mass tourism styled hotels.

maybe taking one of the large luxury villas, near the sea, and changing it into an upmarket retreat style private residence.

It should have a beautiful pool, rooms, room service, spa treatments, top end furnishings, the works..

I stay in these kind of hotel on my travels, most recently in Tunisia, and find they suit my tastes. They are always fully booked, and suit the more independant traveller.

If I had the money I would do this now! My dream is to own a place like this one day.

Anyone want to back me on this??

Georgina

Georgina

I think they are constructing something like this on the edge of El Gouna just after Mangroovy Beach. Calling it a 7* hotel with butlers I believe. Still a long way off from opening.

R

rossantony

unique boutique

set up costs, could be low..you can buy a beachfront villa quite cheap...

you would want to pour cash into the decoration and furnishing..

most people who do this kind of thing have deep pockets..or are at least extremely entrepenurial...

not 7 star with butlers!! sounds to stuffy! Im thinking more chilled out..maybe £50 - £150 a night, 6 - 12 suites, that kind of thing.

I would do it if i had a cool half million to burn...

W

wellheld

I'd like to be able to buy top quality egyptian cotton like we have at home, beautiful crisp white 200+ thread count that feels like silk and hardly needs ironing, that feels cool even on the hottest night and is completely free from embroidery.
And the lightest , softest down duvets and pillows, and feather mattress toppers so the bed can easily be aired, I could go on but you get the idea?

L

Lsab

Yes I get the idea!! When's your shop opening for business? :D

I'm sure that someone is going to find all this sort of thing at some time but I've never found decent Egyptian cotton in Egypt itself. I maintain that it all goes for export.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Is there such thing as 2000 thread count as I found one shop last week at Il Mercato shopping centre in Hadaba claiming this and must admit it felt lovely.

W

wellheld

Thread Count

Is there such thing as 2000 thread count as I found one shop last week at Il Mercato shopping centre in Hadaba claiming this and must admit it felt lovely.
I believe that high thread counts are sometimes just multi-ply thread, ie twisted short threads, when it should be single ply of long staple cotton woven very tightly.2000 sounds way too high the highest i've heard of in uk is 800, its usually 2 or 400 max.Can't remember where I heard this, but the whole point is it should feel great, so thanks, I'll check it out next week. It would be nice if the sheets were long enough aswell, the ones we bought at the government shop (in Luxor) are square!! too wide and too short. XX

Status
Not open for further replies.