what do you class as "semi private"

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nubianqueen

hi janice shokran for your message i am hoping that the residents either side of me will also want some more privacy, anyway i will check with them if i can otherwise i will make my part of the roof more private and see what happens! does this not make it a mockery when we purchase for many thousands of pounds what we think is going to be a private space and ultimately its not really??? my brother says i should claim funds back because it will not be as stated, what do you think?

nubianqueen

T

thompsonsom

hi nubianqueen

Don't think we would have a leg to stand on as it does state "semi private" in our contract, just seems what is semi private to one person is not the same to someone else. Still as our developer has kindly pointed out, we are next to the now extended communal roof terrace so assumably from that side there will be no one person to object to us putting up some sort of fence or screen walling to make ours more private.

Janice

N

nubianqueen

hi janice

thank you for the dialogue about semi private roof spaces, i guess in having this discussion at least for any other potential purchasers of roof spaces they will have a forum to read about this, i had not realised myself how the roof spaces are set out until i had actually been there, and maybe it will make others more cautious about whether they think it is worth it to lay out thousands of pounds extra. however i am still excited about the roof space that i will have and its just one more challenge to be faced in pursuit of a wonderful dream! although dreams can not turn out to be the reality you dreamt about, sorry just being a little philosophical here. cant wait to go and finally furnish my apartment in the new year inshalla. your development looks very nice and you obviously have a developer who cares in dave99!

hi dave 99!

nubianqueen

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

A private roof terrace was one of the considerations when we bought our apartment in Mubarak 7. As we wanted a roof space we needed it to be private from the one next door so we had the dividing wall built higher to a height of aprox two metres.

N

nubianqueen

hi john and kate

shokran for your uplifting message, when i was there the developer said if i wanted the wall to be taller they could do this at an extra charge! at that time i felt i did not want to? however in reading all the mails about semi private terraces it might be something i will have to consider when i go back and look at the final finish of everything, did you speak to the people either side of you, anyway i was thinking that if i do lay out the expense of building the walls up in whatever way i feel that my neighbours will have their privacy for free!! that o.k. by me as a matter of fact if it works for me.

wait to hear further from you.

nubianqueen

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Hi Nubianqueen,
Afwan.
The cost of raising the height and putting lights on the top were all inclusive in the price of the finishing. However, it wouldn't have cost more that 1000Le complete.

We have a shower on the roof so privacy is quite important lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.