Want a rental accommodation in Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joseph

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Qatar. I might have a job offer there, but I do not know anything about the country. I want a rental accommodation urgently. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Joseph

L

lukas

Hi Joseph,
Lived in doha for 2 years, enjoyed the place and people. Problem with doha at the moment is that property prices (rental) is going through the roof. 7000 to 8000 riyals to rent somewhere decent. The place is small and you will meet plenty of people to enjoy an active social life. If you enjoy sport there?s plenty for everyone, squash, running, tennis, golf, dart, etc. You will need a liquor license to buy alcohol from the liquor store (only one in the Doha). Remember you will need to pay a deposit (1000 Riyal each) for water, electricity, telephone, cable TV, liquor license, these are all refundable when you leave but are costs which you may not have calculated for.
Thank you
Lukas

R

rohtahir

Hi
I m living in Qatar for last 7 years, currently the main problem to face for every new comer is a search of a house in normal rent. nowadays a small flat in doha with 2 bed rooms ( Unfurnished) will not be less then QR 7000 to 8000

second thing is high cost of living which is actually a cause of high rent of shopping malls and stores, the owners compensated the high rents with increase in goods prices. ultimately both of the burdens are on the shoulders of expats who has no choice other then managing in their limited incomes.

regards,

rohtahir

A

amnesia

Rent in Qatar has been stabilizing. The government has put in alot of new rules and legislation to combat the increase in rent.

For example, rent can only increase by around 7% every two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.