Victoria House Leeds

Discussion in 'UK Property' started by Thirstydog, May 17, 2018.

1. Thirstydog

Thirstydog New Member

Anyone else bought units here? Interested in getting in touch with fellow investors.

2. diyhelp

diyhelp Member

Is that the one through Aspen Woolf?

3. Thirstydog

Thirstydog New Member

I bought it through Experience Invest but yes I believe Aspen Woolf were also selling it.

4. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

Have you had any issues with your investment?

5. Thirstydog

Thirstydog New Member

A few problems but resolved now I hope.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. FWL

FWL Member

Surely you have some recourse through the agent whom you bought your investment through?

7. Thirstydog

Thirstydog New Member

Problems not resolved it turns out. Project was delivered VERY late - scheduled for Q3 2016, eventually closed Feb 2018. And now 5 months on I have not received a penny in rental income. EI have not been helpful at all and are just stringing me along - they even refuse to put me in touch with their MD, who clearly prefers to let his frontline staff take the flak. The developers/managing agents don't respond to emails and are delaying the rental payments as long as they can.

EI offered to sell the property on for me with no fee - they told me in May this would take a couple of weeks, since then I have heard nothing and they just refuse to inform me about anything. They also forgot to pass my stamp duty exemption info along to the HMRC so I received a bill for 3500 quid in the post (though that has now been fixed).

Total lack of competence or customer service. I'm not saying they're crooks but so far they've done nothing to convince me otherwise.