US property Apostle Seal

Discussion in 'Buying Overseas Property' started by reeta, Sep 23, 2006.

  1. reeta

    reeta New Member

    Hi everyone,

    I have enquired with Elko NV county clerk as to the process of reselling US land, and he said I may need to obtain an Apostle Seal to notarize a deed for the transfer of title deed . He said this is obtainable from the Secretary of state. Has anybody heard of this Seal ?

    Thank you
  2. keegan

    keegan New Member

    US property Apostle Seal ?

    Hi Kameron,
    what your after is an "Apostille Seal" I think you can get them through the Dept of Trade & Foreign Affairs. If you?re in Sydney and they are only available between 9am and 1pm, I believe.

    Definition - Apostille is a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. A document which has been certified with a conformant apostle is accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention. It is comparable to a notarization in Common Law.
    Thanks a lot
  3. millyfrend

    millyfrend New Member

    Property Apostille

    you can try apostille pros.

Share This Page