UK rental property market surging as lack of supply pushes up prices

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
A surge in demand for rented property over the summer in the UK has outstripped rental supply, new research shows.

Tenant registrations soared over July and August, finishing 47% up on May and the number of potential renters in August was up 14% on last year, according to Winkworth’s latest quarterly review analysing trends and the outlook for the UK residential property sales and lettings markets.

Click Here to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to UK rental property market surging as lack of supply pushes up prices

C

chris-sussex

Estate Agents in Hove

Lack of supply???!!! No way, more like lack of realistic prices and buyers that are serious, kust have a look at the Brighton and Hove property market, so many properties, high prices, cash poor buyers. How do you mend that? get the banks to lend like crazy again? I think not.

estate agents hove

A

AMSNZ

Prices will come down as demand for property lessens due to its high price. No matter what happens it is the market that sets property prices.

R

Raresaturn

Prices will come down as demand for property lessens due to its high price. No matter what happens it is the market that sets property prices.
I thought Uk prices had come down...

A

AMSNZ

Sorry yes I see what you mean... what I meant to say is I think house prices in the UK are set to fall further. :(