To all you new Stu**d investors bad mouthing Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MASHH

The recession hit the WORLD a year back and everyone was shocked, scared, nagging, crying, thinking about the next step.... I had many discussions about the crisis in Dubai and whats happening and all that....everyone is talking Dubai is almost 50billion in debts SOOOOO WHATTTTT????????????

sha'll i talk about Abu Dhabi and their financial status??
The worlds highest individual income in the world are the ppl in AD, dont get me started with the other stuff??? ppl talk abt Dubai as if its a country its a freaking Emirate in a COUNTRY CALLED UAE...whoever tries to spread rumours that they r having problems with AD I ask u with all due respect to shut the **** up coz they r not....dubai and alll the emirates have the money and they are surviving and will heal faster than any part of the world...UK, USA, GERMANY, JAPAN, CHINA, RUSSIA the worlds big economies are suffering why isnt anyone talking about them??

People who've made money in the past years and think they are the worlds smartest investors coz they made so much money in such a short time, recession is healthy coz things will get better and not worst always and it will take time and inshallah in Dubai it will be good by mid 2010 and great in no time... "take your money and run" "fat arabs are getting fatter" to those two members I say go get a life and get a proper job and go learn how to invest properly and if you want ill give you a couple of courses although am not that old....

To all the legitimate investors if you got problems regarding a purchase blame yourself coz when u buy a property you also buy the brand...ppl with Nakheel, DP, Emaar properties are having problems but no for a fact they will never runaway and leave u and u will see by time...the other developments with low managment, low marketing, low exectution alll i have to say is good luck with that coz the biggest developers are having problems so imagine the small ones...

In this thread all i wanted to say is dont lsn to those investors who r saying game over and i dunno wat coz this is not true, ppl r just trying to kill the reputation of Dubai...Oprah spoke about Dubai this shows how much this city is capable of competing with the worlds countries and not cities, its a city with a great bright future and this what got everyone here at the first place and everyone will be here again when it booms up soon...

S

Sixgun

'50 Billion in debt, SOOOO WHATTTTT??'

Nothing particularly strange about the debt, just the small fact that they can't pay the repayments is the 'So What' bit.
The fact that its affecting other countries share prices is another 'So What' bit, billions gone from the UK stockexchange alone.
The fact that AD are allowing their neighbour to suffer this humiliation before helping out (if they do),is another 'So What' bit'
Another 'So What' bit is it might just destroy whatever last bit of confidence that stu**d investors had about investing, and that tourists might just decide to go to Thailand or somewhere else to spend their tourist $$'s

However, I did not realise until you informed us, that Oprah has been talking about Dubai, which is fantastic news, as that will save everything, make the debt disappear, and cancel out all my points above

Last edited:
B

Brendan R

Dubai is here to stay, for sure, the owners will just change.

There will be an optimal time to purchase distressed assets in bulk (not just a flat but the whole tower).

The Iranians could have an interest.

Who's going to own Dubai?

S

samsaf

this city is capable of competing with the worlds countries and not cities, its a city with a great bright future and this what got everyone here at the first place and everyone will be here again when it booms up soon...
I agree with you man!

The media is looking for some news, and the world is filled by Jealousy and people waiting on Dubai to crash! Since it was the new kid on the block...

Let's hope they handle themselves properly and get out of this with the least amount of scratches

W

Wannaberich

Nothing particularly strange about the debt, just the small fact that they can't pay the repayments
Having said that they do have alot of overseas investments they could sell to help
pay some of the debt al least.P&O alone they brought for 3.9bn so if they got that back they could at least pay the debt owed by Nakheel 4bn by Dec 14th.
The fact they havent sold anything suggests maybe Dubais situation isnt a bad as we all think.

S

Sixgun

Having said that they do have alot of overseas investments they could sell to help
pay some of the debt al least.P&O alone they brought for 3.9bn so if they got that back they could at least pay the debt owed by Nakheel 4bn by Dec 14th.
The fact they havent sold anything suggests maybe Dubais situation isnt a bad as we all think.
Well yeah, ok, but why aren't they doing this before the **** hits the fan/?

DoBuy, we've had "vary-ing" views (to be polite) in the past, and I actually respect your never-ending, staunch defence of Dubai,
but ... this latest stuff,it is not going to be covered over with slick, gloss, advertising or whatever, it's serious stuff, and the world is being exposed to it

C

cazfoster72

I have to agree with both of you on this one, I think the fact is, we have paid our money and thats that!!!! We wont get anything back, the ONLY thing is to hang onto our SPA and contracts and hope in a few years time something moves forward and our properties would be finished.
I really do appreciate people like DoBuy though, because although this is happening its good to know there are people out there with faith, and I still LOVE Dubai. Fabulous place, vision (whether or not it has been realised) is unmatched anywhere.
Just remember PEOPLE BREED PANIC IN OTHERS! News is news, and better when its bad!

W

Wannaberich

Well yeah, ok, but why aren't they doing this before the **** hits the fan/?

DoBuy, we've had "vary-ing" views (to be polite) in the past, and I actually respect your never-ending, staunch defence of Dubai,
but ... this latest stuff,it is not going to be covered over with slick, gloss, advertising or whatever, it's serious stuff, and the world is being exposed to it
I wish people would recognise I call it like it is with Dubai.Thats to say I will argue in favour but will also admit the problems.
As is stands Dubai is in a mess.If it wasnt for AD then God knows what would happen.However the intervention of AD will hopefully make all the difference and Dubai may rise again.
The trick is not to let the racist bull**** you read in the western media affect your judgement.

G

GT74

The dubai dreams can only continue if the borrowing dont stop. Now that Dubai has defaulted, the only borrower left in this world will probably be Abu Dhabi.

The unfortunate part of Dubai is that its economy has been relying too much of those exotic eye candy projects that are extremely expensive to build and maintain and doesnt make much long term business sense. Hence my guess is the abu dhabi will cherry pick some dubai businesses and the rest might just turn into floating white elephants.

C

christine1

Sorry but that emotional outburst makes no sense. I wish you had learnt good economics in your university days. Let me comment point-wise.

The recession hit the WORLD a year back and everyone was shocked, scared, nagging, crying, thinking about the next step.... I had many discussions about the crisis in Dubai and whats happening and all that....everyone is talking Dubai is almost 50billion in debts SOOOOO WHATTTTT????????????
Just an outburst..so No comment...Read Further

sha'll i talk about Abu Dhabi and their financial status??
-- Is that relevant? If yes, how? You've asked people to shut up - so better speak in deatil

The worlds highest individual income in the world are the ppl in AD, dont get me started with the other stuff???
what is this other stuff?

ppl talk abt Dubai as if its a country its a freaking Emirate in a COUNTRY CALLED UAE...whoever tries to spread rumours that they r having problems with AD I ask u with all due respect to shut the **** up coz they r not....dubai and alll the emirates have the money and they are surviving and will heal faster than any part of the world...UK, USA, GERMANY, JAPAN, CHINA, RUSSIA the worlds big economies are suffering why isnt anyone talking about them??

Why would you compare developed economies with UAE? Why din't you mention Argentina? Why dont you ask the Times, Sunday Times, BBC, Washington Post and the Moderator of this website to shut up? Check these links as they speak for themselves on the subject. I wish you had provided clear and concise reasons to support your argument instead of just asking people to shut up.

How Dubai's dream sank in a sea of debt - Times Online

and

Dubai: Just deserts - Times Online

A Danger in Dubai -Times Online

Plus other links on this forum including one sticky note added by the Moderator today!!!

People who've made money in the past years and think they are the worlds smartest investors coz they made so much money in such a short time, recession is healthy coz things will get better and not worst always and it will take time and inshallah in Dubai it will be good by mid 2010 and great in no time... "take your money and run" "fat arabs are getting fatter" to those two members I say go get a life and get a proper job and go learn how to invest properly and if you want ill give you a couple of courses although am not that old....

Hang on...thats where things went wrong! Did they have openness and transparency in disclosing how when where and what way things were progressing? Was there any regulation which was clear to lawyers? Have you been to RERA? Its disastrous even to step in there! Why would compare investors (micro) with the country (macro). You make no sense to me! Absolutely not! Yes, when they 'take you money and run' thats an emotional outburst JUST AS YOURS! In times of crisis that outburst (take your money and run) is more sensible and logical than yours (unless you provide clear reasons!!!) Get your courses re-done first!

To all the legitimate investors if you got problems regarding a purchase blame yourself coz when u buy a property you also buy the brand...ppl with Nakheel, DP, Emaar properties are having problems but no for a fact they will never runaway and leave u and u will see by time...the other developments with low managment, low marketing, low exectution alll i have to say is good luck with that coz the biggest developers are having problems so imagine the small ones...
Are you blaming the investor here? The small Developer or confused and trying to sympathize with all?

In this thread all i wanted to say is dont lsn to those investors who r saying game over and i dunno wat coz this is not true, ppl r just trying to kill the reputation of Dubai...Oprah spoke about Dubai this shows how much this city is capable of competing with the worlds countries and not cities, its a city with a great bright future and this what got everyone here at the first place and everyone will be here again when it booms up soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.