Tenant refuses to move out

M

mabs

I served notice to my tenant to move out but he refuses to.
He has not paid rent after end of contract and continues to remain in my property.
Please advise what I can do to evict him and regain my property?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mabs

Assuming everything has been done by the terms of the contract, your tenant does not have a leg to stand on. If he is not willing to discuss the situation you may need to take legal advice.

Regards,

Mark

M

mabs

I am wondering what procedure I need to follow to evict him?
Anyone recommend a reliable lawyer ?

Hi Mabs

Assuming everything has been done by the terms of the contract, your tenant does not have a leg to stand on. If he is not willing to discuss the situation you may need to take legal advice.

Regards,

Mark

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression that the Dubai authorities were now doing more to protect investors or is this not the case? Is there no central local authority office which you can visit to take advice?

R

Rich_T

I was under the impression that the Dubai authorities were now doing more to protect investors or is this not the case? Is there no central local authority office which you can visit to take advice?
You can go to RERA at the Land Department to seek advice, however they will just refer you to the rental committee which is based a few buildings along on at the Dubai Municipality.

There are very limited circumstances upon which you can evict a tenant in Dubai, one of them is if they have not paid rent, you must however give them an official notification (sent via courier or the Dubai Notary),the notification must state that they have not paid rent, you must also give them 30 days to rectify the issue, if after 30 days he still hasn't paid you can open a case at the Rental Committee and they will issue a vacating notice to the tenant.